Out of Character Stuff

Jul 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Let's keep all of the OOC stuff (chat, dice, notes, etc.) here or on the Discord and out of the IC thread. That way the IC thread can be read like a story without interruption.
Jul 10, 2019 7:43 pm
First post is up. Let's get a post from everyone that tells what you were doing when you got the email or text from Andrea. Make it a kind of character intro, a day-in-the-life of you.

Wratched, what I want from you is what your vision was about. Marion, SC is near the swamp. It's a dead girl, 18-20. It's supernatural. Your vision should be weird and horrible, but not too on-the-nose (since you don't yet know how she died and I'm not telling yet :-D). Give us some mood and theme mostly. Scare us.
Jul 10, 2019 7:53 pm
I will get on it tonight. I am currently navigating FAFSA with my kid and my brain is not in writing mode, lol.
Jul 11, 2019 12:40 am
[ +- ] Spoiler
Jul 11, 2019 12:43 am
Rolling Create an Advantage +Lore(+0) "We Googled up a murder."
Also, trading Advantages with the GM. How about "I saw through her eyes."

Rolls

Lore +0 research into the dead girl

2 Positive, 0 Blank, 2 Negative - Total: +0

Jul 11, 2019 12:45 am
I'm tagging "Monster Hunter," my high concept to get that to +2 which Caystodd says is enough to successfully create the advantage.
[ +- ] Spoiler
Jul 11, 2019 12:50 am
Great. I'll make a thread for us to track existing aspects tomorrow. Once you have posted your "day-in-the-life" post, let me know if you want to try to do some research on the town and the dead girl to Create an Advantage.

https://fate-srd.com/fate-core/four-actions#create-an-advantage
Jul 11, 2019 1:22 am
Caystodd says:
I'll make a thread for us to track existing aspects tomorrow.
I just made it. I also created some chapter Aspects. You an invoke those if you want, and I gave y'all (the whole group) one free invoke on each.
Jul 11, 2019 5:32 pm
Bump for everyone . . .
Caystodd says:
Once you have posted your "day-in-the-life" post, let me know if you want to try to do some research on the town and the dead girl to Create an Advantage.

https://fate-srd.com/fate-core/four-actions#create-an-advantage
Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm
Rolling to Create an Advantage +4 [Investigate(?)]
My idea is to google the town and find some maps of it so I will have an idea of the town's layout and how to get around in it when we get there. Once I know whether I was successful or not, I'll make an IC post as well (after everyone has made their introduction posts).
The Aspect name could be something like "Familiar Layout"

Also let me know if Investigate is the right skill for that. It sounds fitting from the description. If Lore makes more sense, that would be a +0

Rolls

Memorizing the town's layout [Investigate +4]

0 Positive, 1 Blank, 3 Negative - Total: -3

Jul 11, 2019 8:53 pm
Investigate is fine for this. -3 + 4 = 1. That is not enough to Create an Advantage, but you can certainly get an idea of the town's layout from google maps.

Or, if you prefer, you can spent a Fate Point. You can spend the Fate Point to get +2 and thus Create the Advantage with one free invoke, or you can spend the Fate Point to reroll. If you do the latter, odds are in your favor to get +4 or more, in which case you'd get two free invokes on the Advantage. Up to you.
Jul 11, 2019 9:17 pm
I'll spend the Fate Point for a reroll. It can't go as terribly as it did the first time

Rolls

Reroll, still +4

2 Positive, 1 Blank, 1 Negative - Total: +1

Jul 11, 2019 9:54 pm
That is a total of +5 (+1 +4 = 5), so you "succeed with style." You Create the Advantage "Familiar with the layout of town" with two free invokes.

You can only spend a Fate Point when you have a relevant Aspect to invoke. So, when you make your investigation post, make it clear what Aspect you invoked to get the redo. Perhaps your search wasn't turning up much, so you called an old cop friend. He sent you a map with the location of the body (invoking "Ex-Cop"). Or maybe you have just learned some tricks over the years as a hunter (invoking "Hunter"). Does that all make sense? Whatever you decide, be sure to work it into your fiction.
Jul 11, 2019 9:58 pm
Okay, I will use the ex cop aspect. I'll make sure to include it in my description!
Jul 11, 2019 10:31 pm
[ +- ] Spoiler
Jul 12, 2019 3:03 pm
Great start, y'all. For the sake of simplicity, let's say that you all arrive at about the same time, late at night. Post your arrival and talk among yourselves in the parking lot of the motel until I post again.
Jul 14, 2019 5:38 pm
If y'all want to have a chat before I start the mission dump, now's the time. If you want to skip the RP, let me know.
Jul 16, 2019 1:57 am
From the IC posts it sounds like Nine and Calvin are ready to move on to the "mission briefing." If we don't get any more small talk before I post tomorrow, I'll move us along.
Jul 16, 2019 6:34 am
I'm also ready to move on to the briefing. I don't think I have anything to say right now.
Jul 16, 2019 5:51 pm
First, this....
Caystodd says:
Let's keep all of the OOC stuff (chat, dice, notes, etc.) here or on the Discord and out of the IC thread. That way the IC thread can be read like a story without interruption.
Please. :-D Grab any of your OOC comments you want from the story thread ASAP. I'm going to clean it up in a bit.

Second....
Aldrusian says:
OOC:
Not sure I can visualize where Calvin is sitting. Since Nine is sitting on the far side of the farthest bed there is no where to sit opposite him. You can sit next to him or behind him. I don't know about anyone else in this game or in any other game on GP but I like to visualize the scene so I can have my character react appropriately.
mcinnis138 says:
OOC:
Sorry Aldrusian, I saw two beds in the room side by side with a nightstand in between like most motel rooms. Given that, I thought Nines was sitting on the side closest to the far wall, so I had Calvin sit on the side where the nightstand usually is. I am happy to edit if that does not work for you. :)
Start your visualization of the room with Wratched's description of the room:
Wratched says:
She flopped on the queen sized bed in the middle of the room. "Bed's comfy too."
Wratched says:
The room was small: one chair, one end table, and one queen-sized bed.
So, if you're sitting on a bed, you are sitting on the bed.

Third, for those of you talking to Andrea, she's about to make her appearance from the bathroom with the plot!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.