Paranoia

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 16, 2015 5:08 am
My Star Wars campaigns are just getting rolling and I think Train Busters is about to conclude, so it's time to ensure our absurdity quotient remains high. Six brave troubleshooters are required for a mission of utmost importance to the safety and security of Alpha Complex.

See you there, troubleshooter! And remember, The Computer is your friend.
No prior experience with Paranoia is required. In this game you take on the role of a clone family assigned to do something outrageous by the insane computer that runs Alpha Complex. The back of the rule book states, "Imagine a world designed by Kafka, Stalin, Orwell, Huxley, Sartre and the Marx brothers... Paranoia is a role playing game set in a darkly humorous future. In Paranoia, a well-meaning but deranged computer desperately protects the citizens of an underground warren from all sorts of real and imagined enemies. You play one of The Computer's elite agents. Your job is to search out and destroy the enemies of The Computer. Your worst fear is that The Computer will discover that you are one of these enemies. Paranoia: a lighthearted game of terror, death, bureaucracies, mad scientists, mutants, dangerous weapons, and insane robots, which encourages players to lie to, cheat, and backstab each other at every turn. Is that fun? Trust us."
Last edited November 16, 2015 5:26 am
Nov 16, 2015 5:49 am
No experience you say? I've wanted to try Paranoia for some time.
Nov 16, 2015 8:14 am
foolsmask says:
No experience you say? I've wanted to try Paranoia for some time.
I'm in the same boat!
Nov 16, 2015 8:40 am
I'd love to play.
Nov 16, 2015 4:23 pm
All are welcome. Mechanically it's a pretty straightforward game (roll a d20, try and roll low). The "challenge" is getting into the framework of the game and behaving appropriately (e.g. you know that everyone is a treasonous scumbag, yourself included, but your character doesn't...).

Game is here:

http://gamersplane.com/games/144/

Still got 4 spots open.
Nov 16, 2015 5:17 pm
Can't wait to visit RND Sector...!

....but I'll have to.
Nov 16, 2015 5:38 pm
Excellent. The Computer values brave troubleshooters who are excited to visit our R&D team and volunteer to test our latest equipment. We are mostly certain that you will survive testing!
Nov 16, 2015 9:16 pm
Testing is mandatory. And fun!
Nov 16, 2015 9:24 pm
Quite right, Citizen!
Nov 16, 2015 11:34 pm
I'll step out of my comfort zone. I'm in!
Nov 17, 2015 2:09 am
Excellent move, Citizen. Comfort zones are where lower security clearance citizens stagnate. Stagnation does not help Alpha Complex. Stagnation, therefore is treasonous! By moving outside your comfort zone, you enable The Computer to take advantage of your unique talents to improve Alpha Complex and the lives of its citizens (often at your own life)!

The Computer is your friend.
Nov 17, 2015 2:10 am
The Computer requires an additional troubleshooter to make himself or herself known and apply to the game.
Nov 17, 2015 4:57 am
I'll give it a try. I've never played/heard of paranoia before, but it look fun.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.