Chapter 9: The Labyrinth

load previous
Nov 30, 2019 2:44 am
You make it down to the bottom and out of the tower. Is there anything else you'd like to do here before you continue deeper into The Labyrinth?
Nov 30, 2019 2:48 am
OOC:
Elayna can't think of anything.
As the party decides their next move, Elayna tries to taste-test the purple potion she picked up off the skeleton.
Dec 4, 2019 12:06 am
You leave the tower behind and move forward into the Labyrinth, unsure how you will get to your goal. You seem to take random turns in the tunnel until the tunnel you have been following gradually widens until it opens into a cave with a high ceiling overhead. Patches of glowing fungi cling to the walls and fill the chamber with dim light. Columns of stone support the ceiling, the rock marbled with veins of glittering crystal. Across the chamber, a great cleft is ringed by a profusion of sigils and glyphs. Stacked to either side of the opening are two mounds of severed heads.
OOC:
Anyone speak Abyssal?
Dec 4, 2019 12:10 am
OOC:
Elayna does not.
"That doesn't look angelic," says Elayna.
Dec 4, 2019 1:02 am
"Unless those are demon heads, no."
OOC:
Mai'ngor doesn't know Abyssal either.
Dec 9, 2019 4:48 pm
OOC:
Nope.
Xeliss studies the markings.
Last edited December 9, 2019 4:48 pm

Rolls

Religion/Arcana - (1d20+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Dec 9, 2019 4:56 pm
No one can seem to decipher the meaning of the markings, but as you get closer, the heads are those of gnolls mostly. There are also some other races in there: drow, svirfneblin, and even a troll.
Dec 11, 2019 5:52 pm
"Equal opportunity collector, perhaps," Elayna quips, with a nervous laugh. "Let's, uh... let's keep moving before they want to add human, tiefling, and... Okay, Ma'ingor, what race are you?"
Dec 11, 2019 8:01 pm
"Tikbalang," Mai'ngor replies, with a toss of his mane, "Though I fear there may be no race left. I am most likely the last of my kind."
Dec 13, 2019 5:41 pm
OOC:
Who is going to lead the way into the opening?
Dec 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Elayna thinks about what her friend would have done, then she takes a deep breath and walks forward.
Dec 14, 2019 2:40 pm
OOC:
Melpomene speaks Abyssal.
Dec 17, 2019 3:17 am
Melpomene looks over the writing and realizes that most of them - the only ones that are legible - are invoking the blessings of Baphomet, one of the demon lords. He specifically rules over minotaurs.
Dec 19, 2019 8:05 pm
OOC:
We can assume that Melpomene shares the info about Baphomet, I think.
Dec 19, 2019 8:10 pm
Elayna nods at the revelation, and proceeds forward into the portal.
Dec 19, 2019 8:13 pm
As Elayna moves to enter, a gnoll creeps out of the shadows, glancing cautiously at the piles of heads to either side of it. Its filthy body is bent and covered with tatters of clothing and scraps of blood-crusted armor. The creature looks you over with one good eye, the other lost in a mass of scar tissue.

"Powerful masters," the gnoll whines. "You honor us by your presence. Seek you passage through the maze? The Spiral of the Great Horned King? I can help. Yes. Trust Gash and he will see you through the maze, he will."
Dec 23, 2019 6:59 pm
"Uh," Elayna begins, uncertain how to respond. "Who is this king?"
Dec 26, 2019 8:30 pm
"Baphomet is king," Gash replies, slobbering, "King of the bull-men, not of Gash! Let Gash show you the way!"
Dec 27, 2019 8:48 pm
Elayna hesitates, not wanting to draw closer to Gash. "This is the entrance to a maze? What's on the other side?" she asks.

"Uh, what do you all think?" she says in an aside to her companions.
Dec 31, 2019 1:44 am
OOC:
Oh man, we are running low on participation in here :P
load next

Thread locked