Chapter 9: The Labyrinth

load previous
Dec 31, 2019 5:01 pm
As everyone contemplates their options, Elayna feels her amulet grow warm for a moment and feels a calming sensation wash over her. It reminded her of the feeling of an elder sister embracing her and assuring her that everything was going to be alright.
Dec 31, 2019 5:06 pm
Elayna takes a breath. "All right Gash," she says to the gnoll. "If we accept your help, what do you wish in return?"
Jan 8, 2020 4:37 am
"Not like we have a lot of options, here..."
Jan 21, 2020 3:48 am
Mai'ngor waits for the gnoll's response to Elayna's question. This labyrinth surely holds many dangers, and so a guide would be useful. Onn the other hand, this one could easily lead them astray. They will have to be careful.
Jan 24, 2020 6:42 pm
"In return?" Gash laughs, "Nothing of course. Gash just wants to help!"

With that, he begins to head into the maze of tunnels, "Follow me, follow me!"
Jan 24, 2020 6:51 pm
"Oh... kay," Elayna says, giving her companions an uncertain glance before she steps forward to follow the gnoll.
Jan 28, 2020 12:46 am
Gash smiles wide and continues to lead. After a few hours of traveling, you turn a corner and suddenly see a group of eight snarling minotaurs standing only about 25 feet away! The minotaurs take a menacing step forward, brandishing their axes.
OOC:
You get first actions!
Jan 28, 2020 4:15 pm
Elayna barks, "Damn you to the Hells, Gash!" She intones a phrase taught by Sarith, channeling her raw magical power to bathe the area before her in purplish flames.

Turning to the drow, she growls, "Make them pay."
OOC:
Action: Cast Faerie Fire. Dexterity Save DC 14
Bonus Action: Bardic/Combat Inspiration to Sarith (d6 bonus, for 10 minutes, applied to a single ability check, attack roll, or saving throw; weapon damage roll, or to AC)
Movement: As much as 30 feet away from the minotaurs, while keeping them in sight.
[ +- ] Faerie Fire
Jan 28, 2020 4:33 pm
With a whispered prayer to his ancestors, Mai'ngor leaps forward, Sinag slashing towards the horned monstrosities.
OOC:
Movement to melee range.
Bonus action: War Dance
Attack: Sinag, two-handed.
Extra Attack: Sinag, two-handed.
Last edited January 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Rolls

Sinag, two-handed (possible advantage from Faerie Fire) - (1d20+11, 1d20+11, 1d10+9)

1d20+11 : (16) + 11 = 27

1d20+11 : (11) + 11 = 22

1d10+9 : (5) + 9 = 14

Sinag, two-handed (possible advantage from Faerie Fire) - (1d20+11, 1d20+11, 1d10+9)

1d20+11 : (16) + 11 = 27

1d20+11 : (10) + 11 = 21

1d10+9 : (9) + 9 = 18

Feb 1, 2020 3:12 am
OOC:
Oh wow, we're down to basically just two people...
Feb 1, 2020 6:31 am
OOC:
This is the way. (This is the way.)
Feb 2, 2020 4:34 am
OOC:
Sorry, I can't remember if we've taken a rest of not...
Feb 3, 2020 5:44 pm
Moofsalot says:
OOC:
Sorry, I can't remember if we've taken a rest of not...
OOC:
Yes, you have had a long rest since your last battle
Feb 6, 2020 6:04 am
Xeliss climbs atop the golem once more and launches a familiar ball of fire towards the minotaurs.
[ +- ] Flamine Sphere- Level 3
OOC:
I was going to change my spells but eh I'll stick with what I've got

Rolls

Flaming Sphere (half fire damage on a Dex Save- 15) - (3d6)

(422) = 8

Feb 6, 2020 2:40 pm
Round 1
Elayna outlines some of the minotaurs in harmless flames that make them easier targets.

Mai'ngor wastes no time in rushing forward to engage with the minotaurs, Sinag slicing once and then again into one of the outlined creatures.

Sarith joins in with Mai'ngor, feeling heartened by Elayna's words. He slashes at the same foe as the tikbalang, hoping to take it down quickly. Combined with the previous wounds, the first of the minotaurs falls dead.

Xeliss summons a ball of flaming stone and slams it into a group of the minotaurs. Two of them suffer the brunt of the attack, but one manages to avoid most of the damage.

The minotaurs swarm all over Sarith and Mai'ngor, chopping with their huge axes at the warriors. Sarith almost takes a fatal blow, but manages to duck just in time (expending Bardic Inspiration to add +5 to AC). Mai'ngor takes an absolutely brutal hit from one of the minotaurs (Crit vs AC. Damage: 45 slashing)

Enemies
M1: 0 damage taken
M2: 0 damage taken
M3: Dead
M4: 0 damage taken (Faerie Fire)
M5: 0 damage taken
M6: 8 damage taken (Faerie Fire)
M7: 4 damage taken
M8: 8 damage taken (Faerie Fire)

Positions
Mai'ngor: Melee
Sarith: Melee
Xeliss: 25 ft away
Elayna: 55 ft away
OOC:
Round 1 over, please post for round 2
Feb 6, 2020 4:38 pm
"Hang in there, Mai'ngor!" Elayna shouts, unknowingly weaving arcane health into her words as she evaluates the tikbalang's wounds.

In a similar vein, she tries to distract one of the minotaurs with a sharp, piercing whistle, sending dissonant energy streaking to their ears.
OOC:
Bonus Action: Cast Healing Word on Mai'ngor
Action: Cast Vicious Mockery on Minotaur
[ +- ] Healing Word
[ +- ] Vicious Mockery
[ +- ] [url=https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/11550/

Rolls

Healing Word HP - (1d4+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Vicious Mockery Psychic Damage, WIS save DC 14 - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Feb 6, 2020 7:42 pm
OOC:
Can I spend Luck point to possibly convert that crit into a miss?

Rolls

In case the answer is yes... - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Feb 6, 2020 7:58 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
Can I spend Luck point to possibly convert that crit into a miss?
It allows you to make them re-roll, right? Then it'll work!
Feb 6, 2020 8:40 pm
OOC:
Awesome! That means Mai'ngor is still unhurt. Can Elayna take back her Healing Word?
Feb 6, 2020 8:51 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
Awesome! That means Mai'ngor is still unhurt. Can Elayna take back her Healing Word?
OOC:
She sure can
load next

Thread locked