Chapter 9: The Labyrinth

load previous
Mar 1, 2020 11:09 pm
Emerging from the shadows with Ælfric, Seftan nods a greeting to the three.

I am Seftan and this is Ælfric, Deathwake you already know. Perhaps we could temporarily align our efforts for the sake of the greater good?
Mar 3, 2020 9:52 pm
"Xeliss." The deep gnome shrugs, looking towards the remaining members of her group. "Guess it won’t hurt for us all to go to the Gallery of Angels together?"
Last edited March 3, 2020 9:55 pm
Mar 3, 2020 10:06 pm
"I guess," says Elayna. "And we haven't seen any angelic feathers. Why are you searching for them?"
Mar 3, 2020 11:43 pm
"A little birdie told us to. The black bird sent us to get them because he doesn't want to share the skies with flying demons."
Mar 4, 2020 12:23 am
"You came from the surface, then?" asks Elayna, looking panicked. "The daemons have gotten that far already?"
Mar 4, 2020 1:44 am
"Originally, yeah, but our black bird's a deep crow. He's about keeping the dark places from being lit up with the fires of Hell or the Abyss or whatnot. So here we are looking for angels' feathers. What're you looking for... apart from the way out?"
Mar 4, 2020 2:29 am
"I think we can all work together without knowing every single detail about each other," Mai'ngor interjects, eyes narrowed at the newcomers.

"Three of them, three of us, Sinag. We will have to watch our backs very, very closely."
Mar 4, 2020 2:33 am
"I say thee nay," Ælfric said with a chuckle. "I like to know who I'm not dying next to."
Mar 4, 2020 2:42 am
Elayna seems confused at the bird metaphors, but does not broach the question. Instead, she says, "We're here at the behest of a wizard named Vizeran. We're looking for a few things to help stop this daemonic invasion. You're the second group we've encountered that look for the same things we are, though it seems for different purposes."
Mar 4, 2020 2:56 am
Ælfric smiled at the woman's straight talk before nodding at Deathwake and Seftan.

"Ah! You'd be surprised... or not... to know that Archmage DeVir sent us on this hunt, too. It seems that one of our teams is the contingency plan. I wonder which."
Mar 4, 2020 4:20 am
Seftan smiles at all the witty banter flying around, for he did so love repartee.

While I completely appreciate the instinct to keep one's true motivations secret, I fear our time grows short. As Ælfric says, our employer is one and the same and you are welcome to use any spell at your disposal to determine this to be the truth. It should encourage you to know that while we observed you in secret we laid no ambush and seek only your help.
Mar 4, 2020 5:13 am
Elayna does not blink as she answers, deadpan, "Quite encouraging..."
Mar 4, 2020 5:35 am
"Come along, then," Mai'ngor says, with an impatient flick of his tail. "We shall prove our worth to each other in time."
Mar 4, 2020 5:51 am
Fair enough replies the mage.

Any idea exactly where it is we should come along to? I believe statistically the best solution to a labyrinth is to stay left, although I have never tested this theory.
Mar 4, 2020 5:54 am
"This being their demesne, we were following the minotaurs. But now..."
Mar 4, 2020 12:41 pm
"Were they heading left before their heads left their bodies?" Ælfric asked.
Mar 4, 2020 3:35 pm
Hard to say, really. That said, they came from there - and were headed there. Deathwake says, poking in the direction she saw the minotaurs come from and where they were headed before she felled them. Would stand to reason we head that direction and adopt the keep left mentality from now? Unless someone has a better plan?
Mar 4, 2020 3:40 pm
OOC:
Anybody interested in looting the minotaurs? If not, Mai'ngor will lead the way with Sinag.
Mar 4, 2020 3:40 pm
OOC:
Oops, double-posted somehow..
Last edited March 4, 2020 3:41 pm
Mar 4, 2020 3:45 pm
"Sounds fair. If our new associates don't mind, I'll have a look to see what's left on the cow-men. Fair split, I promise."
OOC:
Thanks to Reliable Talent, 9s and below are 10s for ability checks that add my proficiency bonus. That's Perception: 19 and Investigation: 16
Last edited March 4, 2020 3:49 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+9)

(9) + 9 = 18

Investigation - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

load next

Thread locked