Chapter 9: The Labyrinth

load previous
Mar 9, 2020 4:40 pm
Elayna shakes her head. "I... I don't know. I have these memories of a giant two-headed monkey named Y, riding an octopus and gecko. And there was a young man with purple skin that wanted to dance, and a woman in a black dress with eight children having dinner," she says, listing them with uncertainty. "But, I know I haven't seen that? It just feels so... familiar."

She adds quickly, "Oh, but this Bafnet, I know I don't know of him."
Mar 9, 2020 5:42 pm
I only know of him through books, but there is no doubt he is more than formidable.

Seftan seems shaken by his brush with the creature but smiles weakly at his barbarian companion's bravery.
Mar 9, 2020 6:35 pm
Elayna asks, concerned, "Is there a way to find what we need without reaching the center of the maze?"
Mar 10, 2020 1:44 am
"You know how to climb Mount Celestia? If Seftan's usual arcane tracking skills are saying they're in there, they're in there. We're in here because the dark wizard knows we can get everything we need in here. Thing is... Can we take on a demon lord for these feathers or would it be easier to just leave and hunt down a few angels?"
Last edited March 10, 2020 1:44 am
Mar 10, 2020 3:36 am
As tempting as that sounds, I'm afraid that at this point the only way out... is in.

Seftan waves his hand forward,

Shall we?
Mar 10, 2020 3:46 am
"So we are all finally done talking then? Good." Mai'ngor continues down the path he was taking.
Mar 12, 2020 2:03 pm
"Let's do it, and talk while we walk. We need to take stock of each other's specialties so we know what we have to work with. I'm a proud thief touched by the arcane. Most of my magic is for getting me into and out of sticky situations but I'm deadly with a blade or arrow. I can hide our approach for about an hour but I'll still take point going forward."
Last edited March 12, 2020 2:03 pm
Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm
Mai'ngor stops and glances over his shoulder at Ælfric. "Be my guest. Lead, if you wish."
OOC:
I'm sorry, is Sarith still with us?
Mar 12, 2020 2:47 pm
"I take it you cleave things."
Mar 12, 2020 3:37 pm
"Only things that need it. I was chieftain of my tribe, but they are no more. I long to return to the surface, but realized I must do what I can to stop the evil that is growing here, underneath."
Mar 12, 2020 3:41 pm
"We all do what we must. What about you, girl?" Ælfric asked Elayna.
Mar 12, 2020 4:31 pm
"I... uh," she begins, uncertain. She absently touches the scars on her face. "I'm Elayna. I don't really do anything, I guess."

Elayna wears a suit of leather armor that's slightly too big, revealing an amulet of large opal surrounded by diamonds around her neck. Some weapons are visible, such as a shortbow with arrows and a hand crossbow with bolts, and a small shortsword hangs from a belt. She otherwise carries the bearing of someone that has been newly thrust into the adventuring world.

"My friend was teaching me magic, but she's not..." here she pauses, then with a swallow Elayna continues quietly, "Well, she taught me some stuff."
OOC:
Sarith should still be with us.
Mar 12, 2020 5:34 pm
"Let's hope it was enough along with those weapons. Seftan, can you make another voyeur eye?"
Mar 13, 2020 1:18 am
I can of course, but to what end? I saw the path to the Angels and all that guards the way, and the glimpse of Baphomet I caught cost much blood.

Seftan grips his staff tightly at the memory of the demon lord. Nearly a third of his life force had been ripped away and he still felt weak from the encounter.
Mar 13, 2020 1:26 am
"In case the demon lord decides to rearrange or add to his forces since he saw you," Ælfric replied while walking over to the wizard and placing a hand on his shoulder. "You going to be alright, Rylleth? We need to stop for some healing?"

He turned to the others before zooming in on Xeliss.

"Any of you got healing? What about you, svirfneblin? What're you good at?"
Mar 13, 2020 2:34 am
My need is not yet dire, but it may soon be otherwise. If I cast another eye I will deplete my fourth order of magic and we may need it. Besides, he adds with a sneer,

If that bastard has reinforced the maze, that doesn't change our objective.
We have no path but forward regardless of the danger.
Mar 13, 2020 12:41 pm
Deathwake continues moving along, eyes flitting around her, ears listening for the telltale sounds of any impending attacks.
Mar 13, 2020 4:44 pm
Seftan will use the knowledge of what he has seen to warn of upcoming dangers before the party encounters them, describing ambush points he has seen as they walk.
Mar 13, 2020 5:01 pm
Elayna stays near Mai'ngor and the light of Sinag.
Mar 13, 2020 5:23 pm
OOC:
Sarith is still with the party
The drow who is with the party is quiet as introductions are made and skills are revealed. Unless directly asked a question, he remains quiet, not too far behind Elayna, but out of Sinag's bright light.
OOC:
For the new members of the party, Sinag is a sentient sword made out of pure light that Mai'ngor wields
load next

Thread locked