Chapter 9: The Labyrinth

load previous
Mar 14, 2020 12:33 am
"And there's another dark one back there, too. What about you, darkie? What's your story?" Ælfric asked the drow.
Mar 14, 2020 3:14 am
Sarith glares at Ælfric, "Stopping the demons," he says sharply and looks away.
Mar 14, 2020 4:01 am
"Works for me. Let's move. How long do you estimate it'll take us to get to the center, Seftan? I don't want to invoke my cloaking field too early."
Mar 14, 2020 5:52 am
OOC:
What can I say about this Mr. DM?
Mar 16, 2020 6:29 pm
dominion451 says:
OOC:
What can I say about this Mr. DM?
OOC:
Now that you know the way, it should only be a few hours at most.
Mar 16, 2020 6:55 pm
A few hours at most, I should think, faster without danger but of that there is plenty.
Mar 16, 2020 7:11 pm
Elayna nods, silently treading along and mentally keeping track of the twists and turns.
Mar 16, 2020 7:17 pm
Mai'ngor keeps an eye out for Sarith. Over the course of all their hardships and small triumphs together, the tikbalang eventually developed a grudging respect for the once-hated drow. For now, at least, Mai'ngor trusts Sarith more than these people he just met.
Mar 16, 2020 9:22 pm
"OK, Seftan. Less trouble we get into on the way, the more damage we can do and take from the big guy at the center of this mad maze," Ælfric said. "Once we get about an hour out, I'll cloak us. Until then, just try to be really stealthy on your own."

With that, Ælfric moved ahead of the group with bow at the ready, blending in with the surroundings as best he could.
OOC:
With Reliable Talent, that's a 27 for Stealth.
Last edited March 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+13)

(8) + 13 = 21

Guidance - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Mar 18, 2020 4:35 pm
With Seftan's guidance, you make good progress and Aelfric manages to help you steer clear of several groups of demons and minotaurs. Eventually, you make it to a T intersection. One way leads to Baphomet, but you know that the angels are down in that direction as well. You are unsure what the other direction may hold.
OOC:
Baphoment isn't in the angel chamber, but he is near it
Mar 18, 2020 5:22 pm
Decision time folks. One way leads to madness and death, the other to the unknown... what say you all?

Seftan knows the coming fight will be more than difficult, but his teammates seem strong and perhaps up to the challenge.
Mar 18, 2020 5:25 pm
Mai'ngor pauses at the intersection. "Shall we explore this other path to see where it takes us? I can lead, or perhaps that magical eye?"
Last edited March 18, 2020 5:26 pm
Mar 18, 2020 6:44 pm
"We may find another dark lord of the rift over there. At least we know what is ahead of us over here, and we can face it mostly at full power," Ælfric said. "If the rest of you want to go over there, I can scout it out... with you, Mai'ngor, of course."
Mar 18, 2020 6:59 pm
"Well, we're here for some feathers," says Elayna. "Maybe we'll find them in that unknown place, too?"
Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm
I agree with facing Baphomet now, we won't be any better prepared to fight him than we are right now.
Mar 19, 2020 12:31 am
"I'd normally just cloak myself, become invisible, and stalk around walking death traps to get the prize but Baphy saw Seftan's invisible eye... so he'll most likely detect me."

Ælfric sighed.

"We don't know how far the other way extends or how many demons, minotaurs, demon minotaurs, or rabid halflings are down there. Between the unknown possible dangers and the certain danger, I'd choose the certain."
Mar 19, 2020 12:41 am
Elayna nods. "If we can get in and out without that thing noticing us, let's try."
Mar 19, 2020 1:05 am
"Then it's decided. Let us face this Baphomet." Mai'ngor leads the way.

Sinag, I feel unworthy to face this challenge. But I swear, we will strike evil down this day even if it be my last. You have been a great comfort to me. It has been an honor to wield you.
Last edited March 19, 2020 1:05 am
Mar 19, 2020 2:52 am
"What say you, Deathwake? Shall we carve this lord of demons into cutlets?"
OOC:
Freakin' Baphomet! ^_^
Last edited March 19, 2020 2:54 am
Mar 19, 2020 6:10 am
Seftan prepares for the upcoming fight by drinking both of his healing potions and casting a spell that covers him in a shimmering layer of gossamer armor.

Who of you will stand toe to toe with this great fiend? I have spells to bolster your life force...
OOC:
cast mage armor from staff
Last edited March 19, 2020 6:11 am

Rolls

Heal potion - (2d4+2)

(23) + 2 = 7

Heal potion - (2d4+2)

(31) + 2 = 6

load next

Thread locked