CHAPTER 1: The Tainted Village of Hommlet

load previous
Aug 23, 2019 11:56 pm
OOC:
Some characters have noticed it and some haven't because they are distracted or 'just didn't make the roll'. However, you all know it to be one of the rooms that Cootufy told you about an encounter with an old man and accepted a job on your behalf.
Aug 24, 2019 3:04 am
Why hasn’t the old guy eaten his meal? I wonder if he would mind if I ate it, I shall ask. Cootufy walks up to the door and knocks.
Aug 24, 2019 3:25 am
Cootufy knocks on the door to the room. Strangely there is no sound from within the room.
Aug 24, 2019 5:16 am
Walks up behind Cootufy wondering what was up with the old man. See no answer It is locked?
Aug 24, 2019 6:39 am
Cootufy tries to open the door.
OOC:
if locked he will attempt to pick it

Rolls

Pick lock on old mans room - (1d100)

(93) = 93

Aug 24, 2019 8:03 am
Mathfuric says:
Cootufy tries to open the door.
OOC:
if locked he will attempt to pick it
OOC:
The door is unlocked.
Aug 24, 2019 8:20 am
Tani sent a note to Mathfuric
Aug 25, 2019 12:31 am
Tani says:
[b][i][color="blue"]
OOC:
Everyone roll an Intelligence check, please.

Rolls

Intelligence Check - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Aug 25, 2019 6:03 am
Tani sent a note to JourneyMan
Aug 25, 2019 9:32 am
Tani says:
You open the door and see the old man sitting in the chair that he sat in last night. His head is on his chest and he appears to be asleep. However, there is no movement from him. You notice something strange though. There is a thin beam of light shining through a small circular hole in the roof. It shines down from the roof and onto the hand of the old man who has it sitting on the right arm of his chair.
Oh no old guy! Cootufy says with a bit of sadness to his voice calling the others over to see the old wizard slumped in his chair through the open door, I liked you. Guys is that weird to you pointing the the thin line of light striking the Wizards hand.

Hey Wiz you awake?Cootufy says as he slowly moves towards the wizard 🧙‍♂️ looking carefully around the room and checking the Wizard over without touching him.
Aug 25, 2019 9:41 am
Brock follows Cootufy into the room, and looks up at the hole in the ceiling. "This is most strange. Is he breathing?"
Aug 25, 2019 10:08 am
PLEASE DON'T DIE
Last edited August 25, 2019 10:08 am
Aug 25, 2019 11:30 am
Cordon with some hesitation will walk in and will also look over old man without as he has a feeling he isn't alive. This is not good.
Aug 26, 2019 9:22 am
Sadly, the old man is indeed quite dead now. Where the thin beam of light meets his hand on the chair, a small needle dart may be seen protruding from his hand. He seems at peace though and his eyes are closed. Looking around the room, there is nothing out of place though the place has obviously been searched. Upon the writing desk in the corner of the room, there is a small brown leather notebook that has a page missing. The date at the top of the page is yesterdays date and the page missing has been ripped out.

Looking carefully under the page, you can make out the indent and with a little light pencil shading, the Diary Entry is exposed.
Aug 26, 2019 1:47 pm
After reading the note Cootufy walks over to the Old Guy and whispers into his ear, Gentle travels friends may you find the true highway to adventure, touches him on the shoulder. Turning back to the group he says, So you’re Erjor, right? looking at Erjor, and you said ‘don’t die’ as you looked in the door, you’re mentioned in the note as to the "item" (does quote marks in the air) So what’s your connection with this guy?
Absently checking to see that the box was still in his possession.
Last edited August 26, 2019 2:14 pm
Aug 26, 2019 5:41 pm
"Pass me that tracing Cootufy, so that I may read it myself"

"Are you sure it says 'Erjor' in there?"
Aug 26, 2019 9:43 pm
Hmm. That was our employer. Any guesses as to where we should start next as this is a literal dead end. Condon doesn't really sound happy about what he said.
Aug 26, 2019 11:32 pm
Cootufy looks at the note againWhoops, Erador! Still thou why did you say don’t die?
Aug 27, 2019 3:35 am
Tani sent a note to Mathfuric
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.