Character Creation Thread

load previous
Dec 5, 2015 5:21 am
And I just realized I missed asking questions of Naatkinson/Galen, SO here they are:

1.) Your mentor and adoptive father is a master swordsman. He used to serve in the town guard as a peacekeeper. Does he still? if not, what is his stated reason for quitting? If he still is a peacekeeper, what is his reputation in the aldiea? Is he well liked or thought poorly of, and why is that?

2.) You suspect there is more to the Widow Fesessa's story than anyone will tell you. What secret do you think she is keeping?

3.) What does Galen intend to do once he has completed the Rite of Ascension? Everyone must be a productive member of society you know. If you aren't they might exile you or something.
Dec 5, 2015 5:47 am
And I owe Kveit/Friar_Tuk some questions here as well. I think I was confusing our discussion of your mutations and nanites for these story building questions.

1.) Mama Zifnaby does not like The Seer, though she never shows open animosity to the person many in town see as something of a religious figure. There is more to it than a professional rivalry between them though. What has she told Kveit about why she doesn't like The Seer?

2.) Your father may be a ruin of his former self, but you hear that a he has had a female caller on occasion. How does that make you feel?

3.) The day you were chosen by The Seer, you had been thinking about the Rite a lot. You had only just made up your mind to present yourself to The Seer and ask to be chosen when you found yourself face to face with the ancient being. Handing you the container delineating your status, The Seer said one word to you. What was is and what do you think it means?
Dec 5, 2015 6:55 pm
I've taken a crack at my sheet and submitted it -- I suspect I have problems/incomplete items - so guidance is welcome.

My Mystical Nano who Rides The Lightning needs:

3 cyphers
2 oddities
Dec 5, 2015 7:08 pm
I also could use a character connection -- someone who is a longtime friend (this person, from a game mechanic, will be able to ride the lightning with me).
Dec 5, 2015 7:43 pm
@farlyx Looks good. Just those connections to work out and I think you're good to go. I made some adjustments to your sheet. Because you chose Mystic Nano you actually are Specialized in identifying and understanding Numenera, so I went ahead and checked the circle next to that skill twice so that the S appeared. If you are Trained in a skill, you stop at the T. Also, you all start with max pools, so your Current scores match your Max. As you do take actions and damage you will spend down from the Current pools, but the Max Pools stay the same so you know where to stop when you rest and heal.

I'll roll up your Cyphers shortly and edit this message. Your oddities are listed

Oddities
A chipped glass bead that allows one to see great distances when looking through it. (will be handy later when you can teleport)
A tube of gel which relieves pain on the skin of most people and induces labor in pregnant women. (No actual Recpvery of pool points)

Cyphers

Antivenom lv 5 - A vial of clear yellow liguid. Renders user immune to poisons of the same level or lower (and ends any such ongoing effects, if any,already in the user’s system).
Datasphere siphon lv 3 - A handheld clamshell device. Tapping into the datasphere’s knowledge, the user can learn the answer to one question.
Temporal Viewer lv 9 - A large cylinder with many dials and buttons on a control panel. A circular glass screen can be raised. When activated the screen displays moving images and sound, up to ten minutes in length, depicting events that occurred at the
current location up to one year prior. The user specifies the time period shown by the viewer by adjusting the settings on the control panel.

Rolls

Cypher rolls - (1d100, 1d100, 1d100)

1d100 : (2) = 2

1d100 : (91) = 91

1d100 : (11) = 11

Cypher Levels - (1d6+2, 1d6, 1d6+4)

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

1d6 : (3) = 3

1d6+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Dec 5, 2015 7:57 pm
@foolsmask Thanks for clarification.
So the Driven skill is similar to Flex skill with it's mechanics.
Great , so i will set it as the game moves, once a day, following how Triat percieves her needs in order to satisfy/fulfill her drive and ambition.
Last edited December 5, 2015 7:58 pm
Dec 5, 2015 9:25 pm
@ Falryx if no one picked you up on the connection yet I'm up for it.
Dec 5, 2015 10:24 pm
foolsmask says:
And I owe Kveit/Friar_Tuk some questions here as well. I think I was confusing our discussion of your mutations and nanites for these story building questions.

1.) Mama Zifnaby does not like The Seer, though she never shows open animosity to the person many in town see as something of a religious figure. There is more to it than a professional rivalry between them though. What has she told Kveit about why she doesn't like The Seer?

2.) Your father may be a ruin of his former self, but you hear that a he has had a female caller on occasion. How does that make you feel?

3.) The day you were chosen by The Seer, you had been thinking about the Rite a lot. You had only just made up your mind to present yourself to The Seer and ask to be chosen when you found yourself face to face with the ancient being. Handing you the container delineating your status, The Seer said one word to you. What was is and what do you think it means?
1.) Short answer: nothing. Kveit has tried to question Zifnaby, but her answers have been so cryptic as to be no answer at all. Things like, "Two old trees must share the same sun. Though the trees may compete for the light, the sun is not diminished by the sharing," or, "The squabbles of old women are like two mushrooms fighting; we forget that we may share the same mycelium."

2.) Confused anger. Kveit does not know her father at all. She knows who he is, and knows he wants her dead. Otherwise she avoids him. The confusion and anger has to do with her father blaming her for taking "the love of his life", then possibly finding comfort in the arms of another.

3.) The seer said, "Verdandi", which means absolutely nothing to Kveit.
Last edited December 7, 2015 2:31 pm
Dec 5, 2015 10:28 pm
Remnant says:
@ Falryx if no one picked you up on the connection yet I'm up for it.
Roger roger -- my nano buddy who beats on things with his hands. :)
Dec 5, 2015 10:37 pm
@foolsmask - I've updated my sheet with more information on the NPCs - please inspect/advise.

@remnant - I'll forward you my background in PM, so that we can tighten the connective tissue somewhat.
Dec 6, 2015 4:58 pm
1. Irving is still a peacekeeper, though he is considering retiring from it, he's getting into his 50s and is beginning to tire of it. He is generally well-liked, and considered to be fair (if a bit tough)

2. I think that Widow Fesessa used to be married to someone very important, or was someone of great importance herself but something happened and she lost her status.

3. Galen is planning on becoming an adventurer as Irving was, either that or he will become a peacekeeper.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.