Missing subforums

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm
Keleth, I PMed you with a link to my game with the missing subforums. Could you take a look when you get a chance? Thanks!
Aug 28, 2019 2:30 pm
This has been reported before, Keleth is working on it. They aren't gone, just not displayed. You can still open them via URL, if you know their name.

Also most people seem to suggest creating a sticky thread with a kind of master list, where you link all your Subforums for your players to click.

The other threads are Viking's, TheLamz' and CESN's.
Aug 28, 2019 2:32 pm
I have a list of URLs for the players to click on. Keleth said he could go in and manually make them appear in the subforum list. I was just giving him a reminder.
Aug 28, 2019 3:06 pm
Ah ok then ignore my comment
Sep 3, 2019 6:29 pm
Hey, Keleth, just bumping this. If you could help with my missing subforums, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

McDunno sent a note to Keleth
Last edited September 3, 2019 6:30 pm
Sep 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Keleth, if you get a chance, could you see if you can get my missing subforums to show? Thanks!
Sep 26, 2019 2:50 am
Ah I'm new to gamers plane and just ran into this!
Sep 26, 2019 1:28 pm
I'm a programmer. Is the forum software opensource? Could I help fixing this in some way? It's a very inconvenient bug. I know that y'all are making this stuff available to us for free (thank you!), but that's why I want to know if there's a way to help (given I'm a programmer)
Sep 26, 2019 1:55 pm
I'm sure Keleth would love the help. Is this problem in any way related to this one
Sep 27, 2019 4:34 pm
The code is open source! Mostly because, who the heck is going to steal it? https://github.com/rohitsodhia/gamersplane.v1

Also, if you want to help make GP better in any way...
Sep 29, 2019 5:10 pm
Yeah this subforum thing is challenging.

Trying to get three subforum: Loom of Fate, Rules and Resources, and The Dojo.

Any chance you could lend a hand?
Oct 4, 2019 4:13 pm
wooh says:
I'm a programmer. Is the forum software opensource? Could I help fixing this in some way? It's a very inconvenient bug. I know that y'all are making this stuff available to us for free (thank you!), but that's why I want to know if there's a way to help (given I'm a programmer)
I'm running into similar problem. I can't have more than 1 subforum display at a time. I'd appreciate the help with my game is you're still willing!
Oct 4, 2019 4:25 pm
Teh only trick I've found so far is the one above.

The alternative being used by some people is to have an index post pointing to each subforum. This works because the forums are not gone, they are just not displayed, so if you know the web address, you can get to them.
Last edited October 4, 2019 4:25 pm
Oct 4, 2019 4:40 pm
CESN says:
The alternative being used by some people is to have an index post pointing to each subforum. This works because the forums are not gone, they are just not displayed, so if you know the web address, you can get to them.
Yeah, I have a thread that displays links to each subforum. It's a good thing since, even though my subforums became visible (I'm guessing Keleth did it manually), one of the old ones disappeared when I added a new one.
Oct 4, 2019 4:42 pm
Keleth mentioned that it was a temporary fix. The "missing subforum" bug will reappear if you add a new one. He said he will try to go through the forums again when he has time.
May 7, 2020 3:03 pm
Hello

I created game, 3 subforums with system, gameplay, characters. After few days, I added new main subforum about world itself, and previous subforum "system" dissapear.

I suppose, that i used special sign, letter "Ś" not an "S" with giving name of subforum, and thats why some bug appear, so, i crashed system. I have recived empty subforum "world", insted of "system". System gone, there were some content. Its private author-game generally in polish language.

Special letters are tough. That might be fault? Anyway, if there is posibility to return it back? I didnt press the button! Not even delete!

PS: I couldnt find solution so i send "contact us" and after that noticed that subject.

Thx for anwser ;)
May 7, 2020 3:43 pm
If you don't have anything in the new subforum "world," try deleting that subforum. It should make the "system" subforum reappear.

The "system" subforum is still there, but there is a bug that removes it from sight when a new one is created.

Some people have a post in their main game forum with a list of all the subforum URLs. This helps them easily reference the forums should they disappear again.
May 7, 2020 4:10 pm
Done.

Now, i got 2 subforums mentioned earlier, gameplay and characters. System still hidden (I hope, just, hidden).

YES! Its hidden, I found "system" subforum via direct link! Thank You!

But, still hidden. Hmm, Im trying to add/remove subforums to make it refresh. Doesnt work. Now, I will give direct links to direct topics in it, but still, I want to make that important subforum "system" visible, any clues? If this is now possible, if once was hidden?
May 7, 2020 4:17 pm
For now, your best bet is to make a "Links" thread in your main forum that contains direct links to all the subforums. That way, you and the players can easily access them until such time as Keleth is able to make them all visible again.
Jun 28, 2020 1:49 pm
Seems i've gotten the same problem.

One of the subforums has vanished, and i can't find anymore, i didn't know its url before.

I tried to find the id of the forum by changing it on the url, but don't find it.

Is there a chance anyone could tell me the info so that i can create that topic with the links ?

It's supposed to be there:
Index > Game Forums > L5R: Rise of Legends > Out Of Characters > Varian

Also, i don't have it anymore on the ACP panel too. I suppose same reason.
Last edited June 28, 2020 1:59 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.