Stray Dogs Episode 2 - Going Knowhere

load previous
Mar 2, 2016 10:25 pm
OOC:
Seems like Kalerik hasn't bought anything either at the Skal-az's shop... Should I take Kalerik's store credit as well so as to not waste it since it seems I'm the only one who bought anything over there. That way S'skaar will have a bit more money to invest on the Ronin...
Mar 6, 2016 2:55 am
"Missiles! Yes, missiles sound good, S'skaar! What've you got to offer, Rajma?"
Mar 6, 2016 3:28 am
I've got concussion missiles (500 CR) and proton torpedoes (800 CR). Rajma smiles as he shows you the hardware.
Mar 6, 2016 3:40 am
I have about 500 or so Creds left on me...
Mar 6, 2016 3:21 pm
Haggling is an option MND+AU+rascal or something similar
Mar 6, 2016 3:53 pm
Dextolen says:
Haggling is an option MND+AU+rascal or something similar
OOC:
Oh don,t worry Dex, I didn't meant to say we only had 500 Creds left, I meant to say I had 500 creds left. Everyone else have their full 1200 creds as far as I know... But yeah, we could always haggle a bit, but I probably won't be the one to do it. While my MND is good, I have 0 AU and no Rascal talent to help me out... Still, even at normal price, we could easily afford 4 or 5 missiles leaving enough creds for everyone else for rainy days... Or maybe a single photon torpeedo for very dire situations and maybe another 2 or 3 missiles...
Mar 8, 2016 4:57 pm
Dextolen says:
I think Grendel is coming back, which is awesome, but you have to admit I killed it with his scripted exit. :)
OOC:
It's probably a good thig he left right away since he ripped off Jorbo. I guess his leaving was so we would not get in trouble, but knowing him, he probably slipped a small message to one of us which we'll find later, asking us to pick him up at some planet... ;)
Mar 8, 2016 5:10 pm
Dextolen says:
I think Grendel is coming back, which is awesome, but you have to admit I killed it with his scripted exit. :)
Yep, that one was pretty cool.
Mar 17, 2016 3:14 am
So do you want to head to the cantina to meet your contact?
Mar 17, 2016 8:38 am
OOC:
I think so but, are we done with the shopping guys?
Mar 17, 2016 2:57 pm
OOC:
I Don't know. Me and Jabes were interested in getting missiles for the Ronin, but nobody apart me mentioned how much they would spend to get some... Speaking of which, I think that instead of just buying a missile, I'll probably just provide the 300 credits needed to turn a missile into a proton torpedo instead.
Mar 17, 2016 3:14 pm
"All my money is available to buy anything for the ship. We could spend all that on misiles." says Saru while smiling maniatically...
OOC:
1200 creds makes for 2 missiles
Mar 17, 2016 4:31 pm
OOC:
Did Hotwire bought anything from Pav Bhaji's Junk You Need" so he could use his store credit?
Mar 22, 2016 12:18 pm
Purchases can be worked out in the chat thread.

After shopping at Rajma's the group makes its way to the cantina where their new employer told them to join him when they were ready to talk business.

THe cantina is bustling with all sorts of space travelers drinking exotic drinks and playing games of chance or huddling quietly over small tables in dark corners. The group soon spots the spacer in coveralls that had talked to them earlier. He is sitting at a large, circular booth with enough room for the group.
Mar 22, 2016 3:42 pm
"Alright, we are done with the shopping. So, what else can you tell us about the job?"
Mar 23, 2016 1:48 pm
The gruff miner takes a swig of his drink and wipes his mouth with his arm. "Out in Voidspace
OOC:
The 'fringe' / more lawless area of space
there is a planet named Tarnara. It's a dusty, wind blasted rock of a planet, with hardly any native life, outside of borer worms. But Tarnara is a jewel to some, because it is filled with Talium
OOC:
The raw material that goes into making space ship fuel and some explosives
. Back during the war, there was a mining complex owned by the Mazura Empire. During the cease-fire, the Empire was forced out of Voidspace.

The mines on Tarnara came under the control of the Genngrol Mining Company. Genngrol has been recruiting miners from all over Voidspace, promising good pay and benefits for hard work. The thing is, everyone who agrees and is taken to Tarnara disappears and is never heard from again.

Genngrol's mine security is extremely tight. Only ships allowed in or our are theirs. In a recent shipment of Talium, one barrel didn't hold the explosive liquid, it held a miner. He was dead, probably suffocated or starved, but you could tell he was weak and malnourished. He had whip marks on his back. They are treating them like slaves. I think Genngrol is a front for the Empire, who are breaking the cease-fire agreement indirectly by operating this mine in Voidspace.

I don't care about the politics, you can't expect the Empire to lay on its back for too long. What I do care about are the lives of those miners, 30 or so I'd say are there. I want someone to rescue them, and if the mining operation gets taken down, all the better.

Are you game?"
Mar 23, 2016 3:53 pm
"I am, this sounds pretty damn serious. I'm not too fond of slavery myself."
Mar 23, 2016 5:15 pm
"Count me in. Any chance to stick it to the Imperials."
Mar 23, 2016 5:57 pm
"I am happy to hear that" the man says. He then looks down in his drink "We don't have much to provide you in terms of payment. But you are welcome to what you salvage from Genngrol's base."
Mar 23, 2016 10:49 pm
"That is music to my ears. Anything else you can tell us about Genngrol Mining Company? I'm simply asking, in case anything might give me an idea on how to infiltrate the mining compound..."
load next

Thread locked