SPACE GAME

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 1, 2019 5:24 pm
OOC:
Hands Tracyfreegirl an oar.
Gaming is good.
Sep 2, 2019 7:45 am
OK! 1 vote per player. Post in the name of your preferred sci-fi game!
Sep 2, 2019 7:54 am
I vote for Fate Core
Sep 2, 2019 8:50 am
I'm gonna abstain because I don't know much.
Sep 2, 2019 4:33 pm
Fate Accelerated!
Sep 2, 2019 9:23 pm
Starfinder
Sep 3, 2019 12:10 am
Fate Core gets my vote.
Sep 3, 2019 10:03 am
So far:

3 votes Fate
1 vote Starfinder
Sep 3, 2019 7:12 pm
I'd be interested in playing regardless of system but I'll throw my vote in for Starfinder.
Last edited September 3, 2019 7:13 pm
Sep 3, 2019 8:08 pm
I've been interested in playing Starfinder for a long time
Sep 4, 2019 12:39 am
GeneCortess says:
I believe so. I don't think Star Frontiers even exist really any more. I guess it might, but I haven't heard of anyone else that has played it.
I loved that game. It still exists just like AD&D does. At one point all the stuff was available for free but WOTC stopped it a few years ago. DWD games put out their own version of it called Frontierspace on drivethrurpg (Kind of like what Pathfinder did for D&D 3rd edition).
Sep 4, 2019 1:05 am
My first experience's with Starfinder haven't been great. I do remember Star Frontiers was good. I have never done fates.
Sep 4, 2019 7:21 am
Starfinder seems like a great groundwork for a setting, but I am curious how peoples' experiences with the system have gone...
Sep 4, 2019 11:24 am
Fate is a very open system. The only thing I don't like about it is the Fate Dice. I vastly prefer numerical dice instead of just the +/- of Fate. But I love the freedom of the system and the ease of running an improv game (most of mine are improv these days.)

I'm uninterested in Starfinder, mostly because I just don't have time to read a new rule set right now.
Sep 4, 2019 11:46 am
The Fate dice are just meant to bring stability as they always average out at +-0 to the stat. It's not my favorite but also not a bad system in my opinion. And I love that the character creation is so fast.

If the decision ends up being Starfinder, I think I'll drop out because I'm not really interested in joining another rules heavy game at this point, especially one I don't know well.
Sep 4, 2019 1:54 pm
Honestly, it looks like there is enough interest here for two games, one for Starfinder and one for Fate. We could bifurcate the group between the systems if anyone is willing to GM for the second group.

@Tani, do you have preference for which system you would want to run? It looks like you'd have plenty of interest either way.
Sep 4, 2019 2:34 pm
bowlofspinach says:
If the decision ends up being Starfinder, I think I'll drop out
Ditto, because I just joined a Starfinder campaign yesterday :)

But no worries... I'll find another space game if this one goes in a direction I don't care to follow.
Last edited September 4, 2019 2:34 pm
Sep 4, 2019 4:02 pm
JabBurrwalky says:
Honestly, it looks like there is enough interest here for two games, one for Starfinder and one for Fate. We could bifurcate the group between the systems if anyone is willing to GM for the second group.
Well that's an idea. I've never GM'd before but I'd like to give it a try. So if there'd be interest in two games I'd volunteer for the second
Sep 6, 2019 5:06 am
JabBurrwalky says:

@Tani, do you have a preference for which system you would want to run? It looks like you'd have plenty of interest either way.
Starfinder or Star Frontiers is what I would like to have a crack at! If you are keen just put in STARFINDER or STAR FRONTIERS as the post and I will set up the game and invite you in!
Last edited September 6, 2019 6:06 am
Sep 6, 2019 4:37 pm
Not my preference, but good gaming, Star Finding Frontierspeople...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.