003 - Delve 1 - Beyond the Door

load previous
Sep 20, 2019 3:03 am
"W-what is that!?" Thoroughly spooked, Nym directs his dancing lights to congregate around the shadowy shape in the water.
Sep 20, 2019 4:34 am
"Nym what are you doing?!" Lieria is more then a little worried at the combination of his shouting and the creature she could already see without him alerting the creature further. The sight causes her to suppress a yelp of surprise, trying to remain calm. "We need to leave, right now."
Sep 20, 2019 1:05 pm
Quietly Calvas raises his wand swings it in the air and then points it at a point 30 feet to the south of the boat. Suddenly an illusory image of Nym appears in the water. It appears to be swimming towards the eastern exit of the cavern.
Calvas turns to Nym I hope you don't mind that I 'borrowed' your physical appearance but the spell is much easier if you have some kind of template to copy from. Maybe you could direct one of your lights towards you illusory twin? If there is some monster down there it would probably prefer someone who is swimming in the water
Sep 20, 2019 1:34 pm
"S-s-sorry!" squeaks Nym. The glowing orbs spiral around the thing in the water one last time to give everyone a good look at… whatever it is, and then dart off in pursuit of the other Nym like Calvas suggested.
Sep 20, 2019 1:35 pm
Seeing the image of Nym and hearing Calvas’ strategy Vinny nods his agreement and states so with an overdone pirate accent "Aye, sea monsters prefer thar grub in th' water wit' them"
Sep 20, 2019 3:18 pm
Alissia is terrified but trying to stay calm so she doesn't look like she's weak. She doesn't like not being able to see it but, if it gives them a better chance to not die, she'll take it.
Sep 20, 2019 10:26 pm
Ishmee leaned over the edge of the boat and stared down into the water.

"What is that? It's a body. I think it's a body. Some poor soul who died down here. Row over there. Well pull it up. See who it is."
Sep 20, 2019 10:56 pm
With Nym's light, the heroes were sure that it was a body on the bottom of the water, probably fifteen feet down. It was either standing or sitting (they couldn't quite tell), mostly bleached white bones in some sort of clothes. It was man-sized or dwarf, maybe.
Sep 21, 2019 12:38 am
"It's a body," Ishmee repeated now that she could see it a bit more clearly. "We're here to explore. So let's explore."

Ishmee put down her oar and began pulling her frock off over her head. She was wearing a layer of ancient (and not in a good way) chain mail beneath. "Who has a rope to help me pull it up?"
Sep 21, 2019 5:30 am
Lieria tilts her rather large hat downwards to cover her face, hiding her embarrassment from the overreaction. Not that a corpse was exactly pleasing, but a definite step up. "Here." She fishes out her rope, quickly handing it to Ishmee. "I... would still prefer if we leave this section soon."
Sep 21, 2019 6:33 am
Nym nods emphatically in agreement with Lieria as his lights return to illuminate the body for Ishmee.
Sep 21, 2019 11:32 am
"Not to be the wet blanket here. But how exactly are you doing to get the rope down there? I’ve had some bad ideas in my experience and I’m going to say that diving in something that has a dead body would rank up there. But..... maybe we could tie a lasso, and then we can guide the lasso down with my pole?" he asks, a bit confused on how the rope is going to make it down through the water. "Other plan is move on, quickly, as Lieria says."
Sep 21, 2019 1:19 pm
Ishmee did a doubletake at Vinny. "I'm going to swim. It's just water." She sniffed the air and then her hand which she stuck in the water. "It stinks, but it's just water. It was clear enough up-stream and it is flowing fast. I'm sure it's fine."

Ishmee took the rope and wrapped one end around her wrist and held the tip in her hand. She tossed the other end of the rope into the boat.

"I don't think making a lasso will help much. If it's a body, it will just fall apart. I'll get down there and take a look. Water looks pretty clear. If there's something to tie onto, I'll tie it, and y'all can help me haul it up." She turned and looked at the water and then back at her new friends. "It will be fun," she added as she pulled off her oversized boots.

The boat listed to one side as Ishmee sat on the taffrail and kicked her legs over the side into the water. She took a deep breath and then slid off the side into the water. The little boat rocked furiously back and forth as Ishmee disappeared in to the water.

Ishmee nearly lost all her breath as the water went over her face. It was shockingly cold. She opened her eyes, rolled over in the water, and began swimming down toward the body.
Sep 21, 2019 2:06 pm
Vinny starts looking around as Ishmee explains her plan. Then realizes that Ishmee is about to dive and he starts to say "Wait..." but she had already dove. He turns to the rest of the group. "so that’s what it feels like to be on the other side of that situation..... Huh."

He then climbs down into the boat and grabs hold of the rope, either to help pull the body or Ishmee out of the water.
Sep 21, 2019 2:25 pm
Calvas shifts his weight to the other side of the boat, so that Ishmee will not topple it over when she reembarks. He also grabs the rope in order to help Vinny.
I really don't know why she wants that dead body. If she is so fond of them we still have the dead frogman back where we started... he says while slowly shaking his head
Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm
"It’s alright Calvas, I won’t tell Ishmee you were worried about her, your secret is safe with me." Vinny whispers as Calvas airs his frustration with Ishmee’s rash decision. Vinny has learned that poking at people, whether about a possible intimate detail of their life or through an outrageous statement, people tended to reveal more in their reaction than they intend. This made small jokes like this it default reaction of his when he spoke with people, unintentionally always trying to learn something.
Last edited September 21, 2019 7:45 pm
Sep 21, 2019 8:01 pm
Alissia couldn't help but giggle at Vinny, holding onto Nym as if she might fall off of the boat at any moment. "U-Um...so...solid land might be good soon...Kinda never swam before..."
Sep 21, 2019 8:53 pm
"Calvas this is an entirely different circumstance. But it is a rather...rash choice." Lieria is learning just how eager Ishmee is to dive headfirst into the unknown. She elects not to help with the rope, knowing her feeble strength will do little to help.
Sep 21, 2019 11:54 pm
"You can't swim?" says Nym to Alissia, alarmed.
Sep 22, 2019 10:43 am
Alissia shook her head quickly "when would I have swum? Do people usually swim? How would I learn? I lived in a church in a landlocked kingdom...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.