Interest Check: Star Wars 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 12, 2019 4:04 pm
Hey everyone, I recently discovered a ruleset for running Star Wars in D&D 5e!
https://sw5e.com/

I'm considering running a one-shot and seeing how it goes. If it goes well I might expand it into a running campaign.

I'm open to suggestions for story concepts and time period.
Sep 12, 2019 4:11 pm
Interested, but happy to take a back seat. :-)
Sep 12, 2019 4:15 pm
Argh. I keep telling myself to resist more games, but this is awfully hard to pass up. I'd love to see how it works, and I've wanted to get in a Star Wars game of some sort for a while.

I'll put my hat in the ring, but you should bump me off the end of the list if a lot of people sign on.
Sep 12, 2019 4:17 pm
Very interested!
Sep 12, 2019 5:04 pm
Interested! I'm good for any timeline although I find being in the Imperial/Rebel era has lots of limitations on force-use. I'm curious about playing in the proper Expanded universe, post Empire, in the book continuity. Jaina/Jacen Solo, new Jedi academi, new republic etc. Thinking maybe as a Rodian operative.

Very curious to see what they've done with vehicle/starship operation and tech crafting.
Last edited September 12, 2019 5:04 pm
Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm
I'm definitely interested!!
Sep 12, 2019 5:10 pm
I...might be interested. I'm a bigger fan of the Clone-War era, and have come to terms with the fact I don't actually care about most of the Star wars lore, so if I did so it would likely be as someone without a grasp on Jedi philosophy. Still, could be fun.
Sep 12, 2019 5:20 pm
Valkeelis says:
Interested! I'm good for any timeline although I find being in the Imperial/Rebel era has lots of limitations on force-use. I'm curious about playing in the proper Expanded universe, post Empire, in the book continuity. Jaina/Jacen Solo, new Jedi academi, new republic etc. Thinking maybe as a Rodian operative.
I was thinking that if we go post Return of the Jedi, I would definitely run with the EU "Legends" timeline rather than the new movies. Much more interesting stories in my opinion.
Last edited September 12, 2019 5:38 pm
Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm
Rodian scout it is. More details to come!
Sep 12, 2019 5:43 pm
I'd like in! And I'm totally down with Legends. Or KOTOR. Both highly under-represented.
Sep 12, 2019 5:46 pm
Valkeelis says:
Very curious to see what they've done with vehicle/starship operation and tech crafting.
Here is all the info regarding Starships: https://sw5e.com/rules/starships

Here are some prebuilt ones: SW5e Ship Stat Blocks

As for as tech crating, there are two types of "casters" in this game "forcecasters" who use the force and 'techcasters" that use technology to preform attacks and other effects. Both force powers and tech powers work like spells in D&D.
Last edited September 12, 2019 5:47 pm
Sep 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Okay, so we definitely have interest! I will set up a new game later today and will send everyone in this thread invites. Stay tuned for more details.
Last edited September 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Sep 12, 2019 6:27 pm
If you still have room. I would love to give this a go.
Sep 12, 2019 6:42 pm
Rabitrick says:
Sure, but I think I'll have to cap it after you. I'll post in here if new slots open up.
Sep 12, 2019 6:46 pm
Put me on the waiting list please.
Sep 12, 2019 6:49 pm
Machiabelly says:
Put me on the waiting list please.
Will do.
Sep 12, 2019 6:58 pm
How were you thinking of handling force sensitives?
Sep 12, 2019 7:02 pm
Squadfather44 says:
How were you thinking of handling force sensitives?
That will depend heavily on which time period we decide to run with. I'm personally leaning towards a time period in which Jedi are common. That would include: KOTOR, Clone Wars, or Expanded Universe (post Return of the Jedi)
Last edited September 12, 2019 7:04 pm
Sep 12, 2019 7:49 pm
jedimstr99 says:
Rabitrick says:
Sure, but I think I'll have to cap it after you. I'll post in here if new slots open up.
Awesome. I have already constructed a character. (A Trandoshan Bounty Hunter (Fighter)) Let me know if you want players to build a detailed background since this is only a one shot for now.
Sep 12, 2019 7:54 pm
Taking a peak at the classes a jawa engineer looks pretty nifty.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.