Interest Check: Exalted 3E Lunar Hexcrawl

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 1, 2019 1:54 pm
Qralloq, Malkavian616 and runekyndig have been approved. Still room for more players!
Oct 5, 2019 1:55 pm
I'm all caught up with 3e! Still got room? I'd love to get in on this! :)
Oct 7, 2019 11:08 pm
Still room folks. Very willing to teach the game as we go. All I ask is for active players
Oct 7, 2019 11:10 pm
Hmmm. I just don't know. Wasn't a fan of Exalted. I have played it a time or three. Smiles. I'm rather active.
Oct 7, 2019 11:31 pm
Is your experience with previous editions or 3e?
Oct 7, 2019 11:39 pm
It was a long time ago. I would say previous editions. I believe that I was playing it before 3e existed.
Oct 7, 2019 11:45 pm
The previous editions had some major mechanical issues but I've always loved the setting. I think they've done a lot of right things this go around. It's not perfect but I think it's a solid system now.
Oct 7, 2019 11:48 pm
How much different are the newer versions? The older version I played has a lot of tracking amounts of dice left for this or that. Track your attack and defense dice supplies always. A lot of thinking ahead and judging. Never played enough to advance or anything so I have no concept about that.
Last edited October 7, 2019 11:48 pm
Oct 8, 2019 12:08 am
They kept the same d10 dice mechanic that all the Storyteller system games use and most of the setting (there's a few differences but not much), but they've revamped basically all the rest of it.

Combat is designed to better emulate the back and forth battles seen in anime and wuxia films where you try to gain the upper hand before delivering a decisive attack that actually damages your opponent.

Social influence has been more directly tied to the motivations of your character and do a really good job of supporting narrative.

Other systems like crafting and sorcery have improved as well, but those are a bit more niche.

I won't go so far as to say the system is simple. It's still a little complicated especially when you first start, but once you have a good feel for your regularly used combat dice pools, things move a lot more smoothly IMHO. There's still an insane number of Charms and depending on your build it could be pretty crunchy, but a little forethought and organization goes a long way to smoothing over things.
Oct 8, 2019 12:18 am
I don't currently have any books on Exalted. This is 3e version of it. I can see if I can get a copy.

I can get version 1st and 2cn.. but not the 3rd edition. Is it similar to 2cn?
Last edited October 8, 2019 12:29 am
Oct 8, 2019 12:43 am
It's pretty different. I would only use those for setting information.

here's pretty much the gold standard explanation of 3e combat: Exalted Combat 301
Oct 8, 2019 12:56 am
I have a 3rd edition character sheet now. So that is a help toward making a character. Is there a lot of difference between 2cn and 3rd as reference to producing characters?
Oct 8, 2019 1:01 am
character creation is very similar but the Charms are all different. This game uses the Lunars manuscript, so you'll use that for character creation.
Oct 8, 2019 1:04 am
ARCHERY___________
ATHLETICS__________
AWARENESS____________
BRAWL____________
BUREAUCRACY__________
CRAFT_____________
DODGE_____________
INTEGRITY__________
INVESTIGATION________
LARCENY___________
LINGUISTICS__________
LORE______________
MARTIAL ARTS___________
MEDICINE____________
MELEE_____________
OCCULT____________
PERFORMANCE__________
PRESENCE____________
RESISTANCE___________
RIDE______________
SAIL_______________
SOCIALIZE___________
STEALTH___________
SURVIVAL____________
THROWN___________
WAR______________

Is what I see for skills area 3rd. I have no idea on the charms and such. Too bad the site doesn't support a Exalted 3rd edition character format.
Last edited October 8, 2019 1:05 am
Oct 8, 2019 1:07 am
yeah. I went ahead and sent you an invite... you know, in case you want to play ;)
Oct 8, 2019 1:08 am
Lunar charms are all in the manuscript. The core book would help, but I don't think is absolutely necessary for you.
Oct 8, 2019 1:29 am
Feel free to ask questions here or on discord.
Oct 23, 2019 12:48 pm
Hey, I'm new here and interested in your Exalted game. I haven't played Exalted since 1e. If you have room I'd like to join.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.