Game etiquette

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 2, 2019 5:29 pm
I feel attacked rn, hehe
Oct 2, 2019 6:36 pm
Melanqolia says:
I feel attacked rn, hehe
It's all your fault! ;P
Oct 2, 2019 7:35 pm
Qralloq says:
Valkeelis says:
Thankfully for me, character creation is just as rewarding as the game itself so I'm never really that gutted when a game dies. The creative rush of putting a character together is such a good hit!
That's my line! "Character creation is the best part of role-playing."
So that's why people ghost. Ha! Seriously though, it is one of the best parts for me too, so it's really, really, hard not to keep joining new ones. And that may be one of the problems sometimes. People that can't say no, have too many games going, get overwhelmed, throw up their hands and ghost.
Oct 29, 2019 6:01 am
A strange thought may be to add something to account pages that make a notation when it has been silent for a week and a month.
Oct 29, 2019 6:11 am
There already is something like that. On user pages it shows the date of last activity if the user has been inactive in over (I think) two weeks. There's also a zzz that appears under someone's name in the forum after that time.
Example
Nov 23, 2019 1:31 pm
I really like the "Everyone is Equal" format of this site. Other PBP sites keep track of your posts and want you to have 1,000 posts or more to be considered for Admin roles and stuff. Not to mention making and recruiting games on those other sites is tougher than here. I enjoy being here without that kind of drama. If someone "ghosts", it sucks, but life moves on. There should be no rating system on here, the fairness and openness of this site is why I love it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.