Interest Check: Hiptos - Sands of Fate

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 2, 2019 2:17 am
If I am lucky enough to get chosen, neither of the characters I am interested in playing would work with a slaver.
I can see groups where it would work, but I would have to redo my character thoughts.
Oct 2, 2019 5:54 am
How about a jackal-headed barbarian?
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/aa0777bb-c473-424e-b193-2314ebe97c09/da3mnz9-96097118-0594-4d46-ac79-048216e9dbc6.jpg/v1/fill/w_1024,h_1118,q_75,strp/commission___jaeth_by_sktneh_da3mnz9-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTExOCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2FhMDc3N2JiLWM0NzMtNDI0ZS1iMTkzLTIzMTRlYmU5N2MwOVwvZGEzbW56OS05NjA5NzExOC0wNTk0LTRkNDYtYWM3OS0wNDgyMTZlOWRiYzYuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.vOybbSQFSvH_-DgR7if_eAfED4ApSwHxVYhSq8Jz6ns
Oct 2, 2019 6:13 am
Likewise, I would need a really good reason for having a slaver in the party.
Oct 2, 2019 6:15 am
Can characters be from the other lands? Qinglai or Aksum? There is the whip fighter I submitted to your Qinglai game, but did not make the cut.
campeador says:
I am also new to the ruleset but have an idea for a whip fighter. I recently joined my first Dungeon World game here but that game has been unbearably slow to update.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQoTIO3tr1jNBPnJkLgM1E_f__2rSpujdr8B3xKy2_i_LDjiJsl
Last edited October 2, 2019 12:02 pm
Oct 2, 2019 12:01 pm
Those look great, campeador!

Yes, characters can be from those regions. Think Ancient Chinese for a character from Qing'lai, and Ancient Nubian for a character from Aksum.
Oct 2, 2019 2:59 pm
I've been having a great time in Jabes' Qing'lai game, so while I'd love to jump in, I'd be remiss in not giving others a chance. :)
Oct 2, 2019 8:36 pm
Ok, what about a smuggler, transporting illicit substances across the wastes? Would any of your prudes have a problem with that? :)
Oct 2, 2019 8:45 pm
My wizard's old tome could have been obtainned through illicit means as far as I know... Maybe you're the one that gave it to him....
Oct 3, 2019 5:59 pm
How do you see the drug smuggler fitting in with a group? Why would he go into forgotten tombs? While lone-wolf characters seem cool on paper, when the rubber hits the road in the game, they are more often than not a constant irritant to the party dynamic that inherently requires cooperation and mutual aid.
Oct 3, 2019 6:23 pm
Heh! You could all be smugglers if you wanted. The wizard could have found ancient references to a store of powerful drugs used by the god-pharoahs either for their own pleasure, or to subjugate the masses, or to enhance the physical prowess of their armies or gladiators. A rival drug ring could be despoiling the wilderness, prompting the ranger &/or druid to reluctantly ally themselves with the enemy of their enemy. The possibilities are endless.

But I absolutely see your point. I would like to have the four PCs have a common goal, though that goal need not be "good" nor "heroic."
Oct 3, 2019 7:11 pm
I'll let this thing simmer one more day, then I'll make my player selection. In all honesty, I like all the ideas so far and would really like to accept all seven of you who have posted here! Unfortunately, given the rest of my game involvement, I can really only handle four at this point.
Oct 3, 2019 8:01 pm
The most important criterion for me, really, is reliability. Nothing ruins a game as much as absenteeism. I repeat, I am looking for players who can post at least once every other day
Oct 3, 2019 8:35 pm
Well, I'm ready anytime you want !
Oct 4, 2019 4:53 am
I have no problem with that speed
Oct 4, 2019 6:19 am
Not that it matters, but I want you to know that if I weren't in the process of launching a game right now myself, I would totally be proposing a character for this.
Oct 4, 2019 2:02 pm
Alright, I have decided to go with the following:

• SJoyner72: The Fighter, "a man with no name," has a past that he's running towards (or away from).
• Machiabelly: The dwarven Cleric in service to the God of the Shifting Sands, OR the halfling Druid of the desert.
• deadpool_qc: The Wizard, a linguist specialized in dead languages that found an old tome that belonged to an old god-pharaoh.
• JoHoover: The elf Ranger from a waterseeker clan. Their mantra is water is life and any that endanger or desecrate water are beyond evil.

I have sent the four of you invitations to join the game.

Thanks to somebox, campeador, and awsmack for sharing your ideas! If this story ever needs additional characters for whatever reason, you will be the first to know. Oh, and if you'd like to read along, let me know.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.