Solving the Mystery

load previous
Nov 12, 2019 4:59 pm
OOC:
Oh mom. Such a pushover. :D
Nov 12, 2019 5:01 pm
OOC:
I get the sense that she dotes on Julie, and maybe not so much on Janet - the blue hair and electric guitar and devil-may-care attitude probably don't win her extra parent points.
Nov 12, 2019 5:16 pm
Burt acknowledges the toy his mom sets down next to his massive stack of pancakes, "Oh, that...Jules won some contest and she got some free stuff. It's pretty cool looking, I guess."

The jock continues to wolf down his breakfast as if he'll never eat again.
Nov 12, 2019 8:51 pm
Janet shrugs and unplug her amp.
Nov 12, 2019 9:27 pm
Julie sits up from her bed, looking at her mom with unshed tears in her eyes. Impulsively, she reaches out to hug her mom, and winks at Janet with a self-satisfied smirk.

"Thank you, mom. I'm sorry I yelled at you," she says, burying her face in her mom's shoulder.
Nov 14, 2019 8:11 pm
[ +- ] Burt
[ +- ] Julie and Janet
Nov 14, 2019 8:43 pm
When mom leaves the room, Julie gives Janet an innocent sort of look, though the way her lips twitch, it certainly seems like she'd much rather be smirking. "Yeah. Have a civil attitude, Jan, okay?" she says.
Nov 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Quote:
OOC:
Almost done with ordinary life scenes here. After we wrap these up, I'd like to jump to the Kids meeting back up with a mystery-focused scene. Those of you who aren't involved with these ordinary life scenes can help brainstorm when/where/what that regrouping will be.
OOC:
Assuming Ambrose's blurb above didn't warrant any response? :)
Last edited November 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Nov 14, 2019 9:36 pm
OOC:
Not so much that it didn't warrant one as much as I was just focusing these everyday life scenes on Burt and Julie. Ambrose, Mike, and Janet will get chances next time around. Here's what I'll say though:
[ +- ] Ambrose
Nov 18, 2019 5:26 pm
OOC:
So, what's the plan for the kids to meet back up?
Nov 18, 2019 6:43 pm
OOC:
Well, I would think the kids would need a purpose to meet back up. There's a bit of mystery about Burt's toy, but he's assuming the cat moved it. However, if other kids noticed strange behavior with their toys, that could create a reason to get together to discuss things.

The kids are friends, but they also have friends outside of this specific group; what galvinizes them is their history together (excluding Mike).
Nov 18, 2019 6:56 pm
OOC:
There seemed to be an IC general consensus to "see you tomorrow" although that was somewhat in error, as I think we OOC forgot the following day would be Good Friday.

As a nominal Catholic, Mike would be indisposed all weekend. Though he would not be opposed to sneaking out if someone started tossing pebbles at his window or something.
Nov 19, 2019 5:46 am
OOC:
I like the imagery of someone tossing pebbles at Mike's window. I mean, if I were the new kid in town, and some kids that seemed to share some of my interests started tossing pebbles at my window to get me to sneak out? I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven.
Nov 19, 2019 12:41 pm
that does sound brilliant and totally 80s media tastic
Nov 22, 2019 3:00 pm
OOC:
Love that idea. Maybe Ambrose is the key here? If he wants to find out more about the toys, he could round up the older kids to help and then they could all go jailbreak Mike.
Nov 22, 2019 3:03 pm
OOC:
I love it!
Nov 26, 2019 2:32 am
OOC:
love it too. I'll RP it in the morning
Nov 27, 2019 4:25 pm
OOC:
Just bumping. Type it up when you get a chance, Awsmack - I know it's holidays, and I don't see myself seriously updating over the next few days. If you can get it up before tomorrow, that's great, if not I'll check back in once the week is over.
Dec 2, 2019 3:06 am
Little's eyes continue to dart between the toy and the glow of Ultima on his Commodore 64 screen. He finishes the last bite of his Honey Nut Cheerios, drinks the now sweetened-milk that remains in the bowl, and glances down at his Casio calculator watch. Damn, only 9:00. His mind begins arguing with itself, and once the victor is establish, he calls out, "Mom, I'm going out. Be back before dinner!" He stuffs his Ice Chaser in his backpack and runs out the door.

20 minutes later, Ambrose extends the kickstand from his Huffy and sets it upright in the sidewalk. He glances at his watch again. Ugh, only 9:30? He snoops around the side of Mike's house, peeking innocently through the windows for signs of life, and finally picks up a few pebbles from the yard and pelts his new friend's bedroom window.
Dec 2, 2019 3:11 pm
Mike looks up from his dog-eared copy of "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court." He pushes his glasses up on his nose. He thinks he heard something, but no, there's only the sound of Aunt Liwanag and her friends from church droning through the rosary in the living room. Uncle Claro wisely made himself scarce. Mike had only gotten permission to shut himself in his room by saying he had a ton of homework to do.

There it is again. A tap at his window. Mike creeps over to the window and peers through the blinds. And spots Ambrose. Mike opens the window and sticks his head out. "Hey, man," he whispers nervously, "what are you doing here?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.