Delayed emails from GP?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 10, 2019 8:34 pm
Is anyone else receiving email notifications from Gamersplane subscriptions with a long delay? (1 day or so so, still monitoring) I am on a Gmail email address.
Thanks
Nov 10, 2019 8:53 pm
Oh yes - I am checking the forum regulally, as the email notification is just to slow
Nov 10, 2019 9:05 pm
This seems to happen periodically with Gmail accounts.
Nov 10, 2019 9:09 pm
On my German email address, I don't get any GP emails. It's not a big deal since I check GP more than my email anyway xD Just thought it'd be relevant in this thread
Nov 10, 2019 11:23 pm
Thanks folks. Am I right in thinking there isn't a notification alert /badge on the forum interface? (sorry, new here)
Nov 11, 2019 5:33 am
That's correct. There used to be, years ago, but that was removed due to bugs, I think.
Nov 11, 2019 11:38 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
That's correct. There used to be, years ago, but that was removed due to bugs, I think.
Ok thanks
Nov 12, 2019 3:54 pm
Not so much bugs but rather the site grew so quick, it overloaded the site. I'm open to discussing how we can implement it again, maybe with more control (or other ways to get notified). Also, yah, still no idea why Gmail occasionally delays emails (sometimes not delivering them at all). I'd love to find someone with more experience with email to help me get it sorted.
Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm
for the record, Gmail seems to have caught up now, I receive more regularly. Thanks, all.
Nov 12, 2019 5:04 pm
Kind of related to this topic: I can't seem to change my email address in my profile. When I try, it doesn't actually do anything

You do not have permission to post in this thread.