OOC discusion thread

Nov 28, 2019 5:53 am
Hello guys.
Dec 2, 2019 7:06 pm
So which scope should we start with for Char Gen if we say were going to go rando...
Dec 4, 2019 5:30 am
The idea is that you guys will start out as "regular" folks without knowledge of Recursions or the Strange. And through a mission or two, you will gain knowledge and the ability to Translate into other Recursions.

Your background option can also make you aware that something Strange is going on(pun semi-intended) before the start of the adventure. Then your suspicions will be answered later on.

Your focus to choose from can be seen in the world info thread.

If this does not fully answer your question, do let me know.
Dec 4, 2019 11:06 am
Works for me, that's a lucky paradox that infiltrates
Last edited December 4, 2019 11:08 am

Rolls

Rand d - (1d13)

(7) = 7

Rand t - (1d3)

(2) = 2

Rand f - (1d14)

(6) = 6

Dec 4, 2019 5:39 pm
Submitted sounds we're starting off low tech so I'm playing a mage-thief I figure or a spy.
Dec 5, 2019 1:38 am
I'm thinking I'll discuss with you guys when there are more here, and ask about what you think is more better to start as.
1) A group of adventurers hired for mysterious research purposes by the Royal Researcher.
2) A group of Human rebels who are together in a strike team to tear down the Monster Empire.
3) Something different you also have in mind.

(For me, I'm now feeling interested in the second option.)
Dec 5, 2019 10:11 pm
#2 does sound pretty epic. I'll work out a character idea tonight with the Foci suggested in the other thread
Dec 6, 2019 1:50 am
Alright, I've decided I'll be making the plot around the 2nd option.

I'll post more info soon.
Dec 6, 2019 3:08 pm
I submitted a Sharp-Eyed Paradox who Looks for Trouble.
Dec 7, 2019 11:01 am
@Remnant, I shall say that Ash Lightbane is a very rare mage that has special innate magic to make infiltrating much easier. So that's why your skin can be like a chameleon.

@Qralloq, some of your equipment may also have to be "Translated" to suit the world. Such as the cell phone. I'm thinking to make it into a magical communicative device in the form of a blue coloured crystal pendant.

There would be other things that is not meshable with the setting, so you can ask me, or I let you know what to change when you want to use an ability or equipment.
Dec 7, 2019 2:33 pm
I missed that Remnant made a Paradox (Up in my head I thought he made a Jack). Mind if I switch to Jack? And I'll convert the equipment.
Dec 8, 2019 3:09 am
Sure, you can switch to Spinner, or Vector.(Which is the Jack version for The Strange) We are still in character creation.
Dec 8, 2019 3:37 am
Awesome. Updated to Spinner, and switched to Ardeyn style gear. Cellphone became a signal horn, heh.
Dec 8, 2019 3:51 pm
Hi, thanks for inviting me. I'm a total noob to the Strange but the theme is right up my alley. I'll try to crunch a character out quick. I'm not opposed to anyone creating a PC for me so I can learn to play first. I just find I learn games best by playing. Thanks everyone.

Update. I think I'm getting it. Not that hard. I think I'm going to end up with a "Lucky" "Spinner" who "Looks for Trouble".
Last edited December 8, 2019 10:19 pm
Dec 9, 2019 5:36 am
Thank you for joining afireinside5jc! But, um, your focus and descriptor is the same as 2 other players. The rules say that your focus must be unique, but did not mention if descriptor must be unique aswell. It would be better if there is a diversity for descriptors, but I can allow for the same.
Dec 9, 2019 10:46 am
Oh sorry. I will change it.
Dec 10, 2019 6:57 pm
I submitted Kelfeli Ayrlock a "Fast" "Vector" who "Wields Two Weapons at Once". I'm actually happier with this character. Who wants to be my Connection and when we fight back to back we both get +1 to speed defense tasks.
Dec 11, 2019 12:46 pm
I guess I'll wait for Q to throw up a connection. I need one of you two for the random connection I rolled, we're not siblings and look eerily similar although not related directly.

Also checking to see if I put an avi pick on character.
Last edited December 11, 2019 2:46 pm
Dec 11, 2019 1:22 pm
Here are the connections I rolled:

Connecting to adventure: When you were a teenager, one of your siblings went missing and is presumed dead. The shock rent your family, and it’s something you’ve never gotten over.

Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: You saw that the other PCs were up to something interesting and got involved.

Connection: Pick one other PC. If this character is within immediate range when you’re in a fight, sometimes she helps, and sometimes she accidentally hinders (50% chance either way, determined per fight). When this character helps, you gain a +1 bonus to all attack rolls. When she hinders, you suffer a –1 penalty to attack rolls.
Dec 11, 2019 2:19 pm
Alright, I'll set up the game thread first. I'll let you know how to do connections over there.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.