Episode 1: A New Home

Jan 15, 2016 6:37 pm
As a quick reminder. green chat is for OOC
Ill use blue if I have to roll for anything out of the ordinary. Such as the duty roll Im about to roll
Red will be for important stat changes
Jan 15, 2016 7:12 pm
"Approaching planet Uuopa Captain"

The star ship lieutenant pilot begins pressing a series of codes into a nearby console while flicking some switches and preparing the ship to enter the atmosphere of Uuopa. The group looks weary from the tumultuous flight theyve been on. Just a couple of days ago you were all at home on Avendor IX, which seemed at the time like a safe haven should the Empire fail to notice them. One thing has led to another and now you see yourself shuttled off to this odd planet. A sergeant major by the name of Jack Brown has taken some serious wounds that while have been treated to the best of the ships capabilities, requires better medical equipment. He is stable but is very limited in his capabilities.

The Lamda begins to enter the planet and right away you see lushious forests that densely pack the planet. The lakes are plentiful as well as there seems to be an appropriate balance for life to sustain on the planet. You notice the various grey areas where buildings peak up. They almost look like a blur from the speed you're entering the planet but you know from this that there is a fair population of people on this planet.

"Find a clearing to land Lieutenant. We dont know how much longer this ship has before it goes down" ordered the Captain. From your time on the base you know he is Captain Amalla Kadoon. The bothan's posture remains fairly confident the entire time and rarely wavers, even during the Empire's invasion of the Avendor IX base.

The Lieutenant, a tiny statured duros known as Lieutenant Salquon Nuvey begins descending the transport ship into a clearing. It doesnt take long before the damaged ship has landed. The landing is bumpy but its the best that could be done given the shape of the ship.

"Lieutenant run diagnostics. Since we are in a relatively safe area we might be able to fix the ship up so we can get to the base in one piece"

"Yes sir" replies the duros as he begins running a sequence of tests. The captain stands up to the group.

"I know this has been a traumatic sequence of events the past days but we are nearly there. If we can get this ship running safely we will be able to make it in no time. We're running low on medical supplies and Sergeant Major Brown is going to need them in order to keep him stable."

The captain projects a map for the group to see that shows their current location as well as a city a little bit to the left of the groups placement.

"The maps suggest there is a city a couple miles west of here. Try and see if you can acquire medical supplies for us so we can keep Sergeant Brown stable. Along the way to the north there is an old listening post the rebels on this planet used for awhile. I'm not sure of the fate of the place as Rebels communications on this planet arent well maintained. While its not necessary you may be able to check it out and see if there is anything of use us"

The captain begins to turn back to the lieutenant as he dismisses the group.

Rolls

Duty Roll - (1d100)

Jan 15, 2016 7:41 pm
Jarek snaps a quick salute before turning and leaving with the rest of his team. He tries not to think of the carnage he witnessed on Avendor IX. He checks himself over to ensure that he has all that he needs. Blaster, check. Datapad, check. Stimpack, check. All looks good, he thinks to himself.

"Let's hurry up, Sergeant Brown doesn't seem like he's doing well at all," he says to the team.
Jan 15, 2016 7:55 pm
Beren will salute the captain as well and head back towards the exit to the shuttle, gathering his equipment as he does so. "I don't suppose they crammed a speeder onto this thing before we took off?" Beren wonders aloud. "I gotta say walking doesn't sound like a lot of fun through this forest."
Jan 15, 2016 8:17 pm
I imagine that my medpac is insufficient to try and heal up Brown? Do I need to make any sort of roll to determine exactly what supplies we need?

Morjak smooths out his coat, looking somewhat dejected an muttering to himself. "Genius only takes a man so far with shoddy equipment.." He raises his voice to a normal speaking volume, and looks over at the others. "Perhaps we should spend less time talking and more time moving?"
Last edited January 15, 2016 8:17 pm
Jan 15, 2016 8:29 pm
You could possibly make a medicine roll to see what kind you need that would better help him. Hes dealing with a lot of deep burns and having taken a blaster wound to the thigh and chest both of which has resulted in a good amount of blood loss.

The lieutenant begins to address the Captain.

"It looks like our cooling systems have been heavily damaged during our escape. Its a miracle we even made it to hyperspace in the shape they are in. Ill start working on repairing the damage to it that I can. Its going to take me a a couple of hours to get her running again Captain"

"Great, in the meantime Ill keep lookout and see if we can get a hold of rebellion forces here"
mentions the captain. You can see a dressing over his shoulder where he was hit with a blaster shot. He seems to be perfectly fine though as though he wasnt even shot in the first place
Jan 15, 2016 9:17 pm
I'm assuming average difficulty?

Rolls

Determining supplies

4 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Threat

Jan 15, 2016 10:07 pm
"Sir, before the attack, I had been ordered to the supply depot to do some heavy lifting. In the confusion my weapon was misplaced. Is there a spare blaster aboard this ship I could requisition for this operation? Perhaps the Sergeant Major could spare his weapon for the time being, given his condition?"

M4-T3 stands at attention waiting for the Captain's response.
Jan 15, 2016 11:12 pm
Upon examining the sergeant you really begin to grasp just how much he is going to need to make it. The burns are going to need a couple days worth of dressings. Bandages would be advantagous to help stop blood loss plus perhaps something to give him blood since he has lost a lot to begin with. Pain medication, while not necessary, might be a good idea because the stuff you have on board is running low and lacks any decent amount of strength.

The gruesome status of the man disturbs you slightly as you take one strain from studying the vicious injuries to the sergeant

The captain hears the droid before going over and assessing sergeant Browns gear.

"Hm, it seems as though his blaster pistol has made it but it's in bad shape. It's the only weapon we have to spare right now. You might be able to make use of it"

He then goes back to the comms console where he tries to get in contact with the rebellion forces on the planet

m4-te receives a light blaster pistol that is heavily damaged. Using it will add 2 blacks and a purple to any roll firing this weapon
Jan 16, 2016 4:18 am
"Thank you sir. I will make it work."
Jan 16, 2016 2:44 pm
His tongue flicked forth as he listened to the briefing and objectives his tongue flickering more rapidly in response to an officer attempting to fix the craft.

Oh NO! No! NO!

With the brief over he blinks his frills flexing slightly, "Sssir," he began, "Ssso medical sssupplie to ssstablize the Sssergeant Major. Along the way down yonder check out the commsss array and sssee what we can ssste- repurpose for the ssship or ssstock equipment sssince we have none. I'll be on the look at for tools also, if you go over more than diagnostics without the proper tools... with all due ressspectt... we'll have more to deal with than a damaged ship and heavily injured sssenior NCO if the cooling system damage sstarts a chain reaction." Bas relays his arms mimicking the possible explosion... it would probably look pretty cool but not the desired result.

With a quick salute Bas is off to join the rest but stops when he see M4-T3 weapon... He slowly looks up to the droid's face and done to his weapon and back up again. Putting a hand on the droid's shoulder he sighs, "I feel yur pain..." he comments and slithers forth to get a bearing on the group formation and call signs since he'll probably be scouting ahead.

OoC: Going to make a Mechanics roll real quick hopefully it'll give me an idea of what tools and supplies we'd really need to be on the look out to fix the ship.

Rolls

Duty Roll - (1d100)

(29) = 29

That thar'za space shuttle yall (Average Mechanics check?)

3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Advantage

Jan 16, 2016 6:18 pm
You begin to inspect the ship to see if in your experience you can find something that requires tools you don't have. Keeping an eye out on the ship while you begin to get the groups bearings and formation you dont seem to notice anything that needs any special attention. However your watchful eye while forming together the group keeps your mind on edge, making it as sharp as a knife.

Bas receives a blue die on their next skill check to compensate the heightened awareness

As some of you begin to file out and figure out call signs you begin to realize the layout of the land. The clearing is made of a hard brown soil with patches of grass that vary in a light green to an almost dark teal color. The forests shine from the light in an almost dream like stance. You would figure its probably around mid day or getting to it by the way the sun shines off the trees. The trees themselves tower over the clearing to get a peak at the tree-barren strip of land. The sounds are relatively quiet with a little bit of the wild life contributing to some noise but youre a fair distance away from town to not be able to hear the commotion of it
Jan 16, 2016 7:00 pm
Bas volunteers to scout ahead since he feels he's got the best chance of attempting being quiet. with a staggered line formation in the forest it would be easy for now to find cover. If he needed people to stop he'd click over comms once, two clicks rapidly meant to hide, rapid clicks over that if he was out of sight meant something bad happened and he was slithering around to not die.
Jan 16, 2016 10:12 pm
Beren readies his blaster pistol, wishing he had a heavier weapon for skulking around in the forest like this and proceeds to follow Bas into the forest, trying to pay attention to anything and everything going on around him.
Jan 16, 2016 11:45 pm
Morjack seems disgusted as he walks through the forest, trying to keep his clothing clean. "All this damnable nature. I was under the impression that I was to be a researcher, not some kind of..backwater explorer." His Imperial accent gets thicker almost by the word, reminding his fellows of his somewhat questionable origins.

"So? What's our plan when we arrive at what passes for civilization on this--" he is interrupted by shaking his foot free of a root. "--Backwater rock?"
Last edited January 16, 2016 11:45 pm
Jan 17, 2016 1:05 am
Jarek is very quiet, still uncomfortable being "in the field". "I suppose we seek help and supplies from the locals, right? That's what the captain said."
Jan 17, 2016 3:25 am
"Nature has plenty to resssearch Doctor... even on backwater rocks for medical purpose what's available when we're down to the bone on medical sssuplies ssshouldn' be over looked." Bas replied over comms as he moved ahead of the others, "I figure our plan should be to recoupe medical ssssupplies and equipment needed if we can. The locals may want to sell us out just as well as help us depending on what's in their best interest. Until we know the sssituation we probably ssshould get ourselves too out int he open. That could lead back to not just us but the ssshuttle and ssssergeant as well...." he added.

Granted this was also a opportunity to see if there were any enemy forces in the area, imperial or otherwise...

(OoC: Let me know when you'd like a stealth check if needed.)
Jan 17, 2016 9:04 am
After a while you guys begin to reach a much smaller clearing than where your ship had landed. The grass here is a bit more full than the patchy multi-colored patterns of the former as well. The sun now looks overhead the forest, but with periods of darkness as some dark storm clouds begin to accompany the area and the temperature is up to a warm, if not uncomfortable amount.

You realize from the map that was shown to you earlier that this is close to a halfway point between you the town and the listening post. You begin to hear the light rustle of a busy town on the planet. However the foliage that leads in the direction of the listening post is almost welcoming in its sight of beaten down grass and branches. This pathway must have been used frequently to cause such a sight. For good reason, there doesnt seem to be any noise coming in the direction of the listening post.
Jan 17, 2016 4:08 pm
Scouting in the front few would notice his tail flicking slightly due to the warm weather, a smirk spread over his lips until he stopped and waited for the rest. "Town's that way yonder, possst down that way... ain't no sssounds really from that way though. That could be good or bad though... I figure check out the posst first. Lesss people around more likely..." Bas stated his eyes darting around looking for signs of how recently someone might have been through the area.

(OoC: Could we do a perception check? Or would it fall under survival to attempt to look at 'tracks'?)
Jan 17, 2016 4:42 pm
Perception if you want to check for something being there with you currently, survival if you want to check if someone has been here recently
Jan 17, 2016 5:35 pm
Bas lowers himself drawing his pistol and checks the ground that has been disturbed.

Rolls

Sniffing the ground and tasting the air... Average check? Cun 3

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Adding Blue Dice from earlier that you were rewarded

Jan 17, 2016 6:43 pm
As you lower yourself to the muddy grassy ground in the clearing you notice that these tracks seem to be washed away slightly. You touch the ground and feel the somewhat muddy substance give way. Whatever tracks there could have been have been washed away by the rainfall here. You cant tell if anyone has recently been here or if they were, the amount of people that came through.

Still your careful nature begins to rub off on the others. With five sets of eyes peeled you're sure to be ready at a moments notice for any situation.

The next skill check receives an extra blue dice from heightened awareness/inspired by Bas's thoroughness to check for tracks
Jan 17, 2016 7:30 pm
Would Knowledge about this planet be Outer Rim or Core?
Jan 17, 2016 7:45 pm
My apologies for not noting that earlier. It's an outer rim planet
Jan 17, 2016 8:01 pm
Jarek tries to remember anything he might know about this planet that they are on that could be helpful in their mission.

Following the lead and putting it at an Average task. Please correct me if it should be done another way.
Last edited January 17, 2016 8:03 pm

Rolls

Knowledge (Outer Rim)

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Jan 17, 2016 8:39 pm
You begin to recall some information about Uuopa. From your experience you remember that whilst being an outer rim planet that it has a fairly decent population and economic stature but that cities on the planet tend to be more densely packed and spaced out between the forests. So while the availability of goods has a good outlook on Uuopa, stock of items fluxes between settlements due to the difficulty of navigating through the forests, especially with imperial presence.

The culture is a melting pot from what you remember but some cities on the planet have a heavy human disposition due to the Imperial presence on the planet.

The calming affect from trying to remember one thing after another about Uuopa eases your mind from the horific sight of Sergeant Browns injuries you witnessed earlier. You recover one strain and your knowledge of the planet gives the next skill check made by any player a blue die.
Jan 17, 2016 10:52 pm
"Perhaps we would be best suited if we split our forces? Getting supplies from a city is trivial. The listening post may require a little more..Brute force. Mr. Albrek and I will be more than capable of finding everything we would need while the rest of you scavenge."
Jan 18, 2016 2:37 am
Beren shrugs, "That sounds okay by me -- but what if the city has a bunch of sympathizers for the Imperials. You'll need to keep a low profile..." He looks over at M4 and Bas. "What do you two think? I guess a group of five newcomers into a village isn't exactly low profile either..." He smacks his neck, imagining a bug alighting..
Jan 18, 2016 4:22 pm
"Splitting the team countermands several standard protocols. We can obfuscate our duties in town by staggering our arrivals and dividing our time within. Perhaps we should stick together and investigate the listening post, then split up to go to the town."
Last edited January 18, 2016 9:58 pm
Jan 18, 2016 4:24 pm
"I'm also not excited about splitting up, I think M4 has a good plan. Simply staggering our arrival should deflect notice."
Jan 18, 2016 4:49 pm
"Works for me." He points down the path, "Listening post, then? Maybe they'll have a speeder."
Jan 20, 2016 12:30 am
A small gust begins to pick up. You look up into the sky and see that dark clouds are beginning to accumulate a bit more densely in the horizon. A sticky feeling begins to reside on you from the humidity that results in a slight uncomfortable feeling that is shared among the group.
Jan 20, 2016 12:12 pm
"Maybe ssso maybe no on a ssspeeder if it works even... didn't think we'd need rain cloaks maybe up at the post they got sssome yall reckon?" Bas looks around working his jaw, an insect leg jutting out like a toothpick. He didn't expect an insect to pop out of the muddy grasp and sting him while he checked the tracks but it probably didn't expect to be eaten in retaliation. Bas slithered down the side of the pathway moving forward... he didn't see what was so bad about the hot muggy weather the others seemed to be annoyed by, it was what made the grass grow, "Yall think thisss kinda weatherz normal round these parts?"

Cus I could get use to this... probably have to work inside if it rained a lot though he thought to himself.
Last edited January 20, 2016 12:12 pm
Jan 20, 2016 1:25 pm
Bas if you could give me a difficulty three perception check as you slither down the path. The result of the roll will be in effect until you've reached the listening post
Jan 20, 2016 1:57 pm
Bas tries to slither his way to possible juicy free mechanical freebies.

Edit: D=
Last edited January 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Rolls

Perception Hard Check (Cun 3 Rank 0)

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure

Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm
"I certainly hope this weather isn't normal around here," Jarek says as he wipes some sweat off of his forehead, then can be heard muttering to himself, "Ugh, I don't think this is what mom and dad wanted for me when they paid for all those fancy tutors..."
Jan 20, 2016 4:37 pm
Bas can receive skilled assistance from someone with a rank in Perception(there's 3 of you who do). To do so please state which die of his you'll be replacing and roll a yellow die (1 yellow die per perception rank)
Jan 20, 2016 4:55 pm
Beren keeps his head on a swivel, looking to help out Bas with keeping an eye out for creatures and imps and stuff.

Rolls

Replacing second Green (1 adv) roll from Bas.

1 Success

Total: 1 Success

Jan 20, 2016 7:12 pm
Bas slithers along the side of the path, looking for mechanical trinkets but is only met with dense green forest and the soft mud based ground. The group following along behind him also keep an eye out for anything in particular but nothing seems to really jump out at them as good.

The forest eventually opens up a little bit and you are met by a wooden, almost cabin like building within the muggy forest. It just out decently high up for a cabin and there is a smaller little shack that probably holds the electrical systems for the cabin from the humming sound that eminates from it. The whole cabin itself however is still far under the tree line, with the leaves of the tree providing as some makeshift cover for the building. A couple of satellite dishes are placed strategically on the cabin but none are extremely big.

The Windows have light coming out from inside the building which suggests someone is or has been inside of the building, but at this time you do not notice anyone.

As you listen you can hear rain beginning to hit the leaves of the trees above you before falling to the ground a little bit later. While not a downpour exactly the rain consists of heavy droplets that periodically begin to hit you.
Jan 20, 2016 7:20 pm
Jarek sighs in relief, "Finally! Looks like it might still be in use too," then he thinks for a moment before turning a bit pale and continuing, "I really hope it's in use by our people or this could get very bad..."
Last edited January 20, 2016 7:21 pm
Jan 20, 2016 7:24 pm
Bas looks at the rest of the group and points at his eyes with two fingers on his free hand crouching balls it into a fist and flicks two fingers at the building, "Yall want me to ssscout and check it out by the window?" he states his tail flicking back and forth a bit. Once he got the go ahead people were ready he'd scurry over as quietly as possible. The sudden start of drizzle would help and hurt probably but at least it was nice out.

(OoC: Let me know if you want a Stealth Check)
Last edited January 20, 2016 7:26 pm
Jan 20, 2016 7:26 pm
The droid activates the thermal imaging upgrades in his optics and observes the cabin, looking for anyone inside. "Just a moment Bas. I may be able to provide the desired intel.
Last edited January 20, 2016 7:27 pm
Jan 20, 2016 7:28 pm
Beren crouches down and draws his pistol, making sure it's at the ready. "I have a bad feeling about this."
Last edited January 20, 2016 7:29 pm
Jan 20, 2016 7:30 pm
Seeing Beren draw his weapon Jarek does the same and crouches down.
Jan 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Just as you begin to turn on your thermal imaging the door of the cabin opens up and a man comes out. He dons a blue shirt and a black vest both of which look a little bit messy and unkept. He approaches you with a smile emanating from his gray bearded face.

"Why hello comrades! Ah I do say your arrival is a bit sudden and unexpected, we were picking up radio signals from you only awhile back" he chuckles as he walks forward to the group to shake their hands.

"Say, which one of you is Captain Kadoon?" he asks as he looks at you guys
Jan 20, 2016 11:23 pm
Jarek shakes the man's hand, "Captain Kadoon is still on the Lamda, overseeing operations there. I'm Jarek, and you are?" He will wait for a response before continuing, "The Captain said we may be able to find something of use here."
Last edited January 20, 2016 11:23 pm
Jan 21, 2016 12:21 am
Upon hearing that the Captain was not with you the man looks a little disappointed.

"So if the Captain isn't here who are you guys? I havent seen your faces before. How am I to know you're not a lowly outer rim thug trying to steal?" he says as he takes a cautious step back and places his hand towards his side.
Jan 21, 2016 12:35 am
Beren carefully lays down his blaster onto the ground and stands up with his hands out. "The captain was wounded and isn't in any shape to run around looking for listening posts that look like they were built by gundarks." He shrugs, "Which is why we have that job."
Jan 21, 2016 1:51 am
"Meh, Grunts" grunts the husky man. He takes a moment to wipe the sweat from his forehead before resting it to his side again.

"So is the Captain just by himself?" asks the man.

"If you need to check stuff out you guys can follow me inside. The comms have been acting up a bit but we were hearing Captain Kadoon's calls. You should be careful. You never know whose listening in around here"
Jan 21, 2016 1:59 am
"We could assk the same of you... How do you know our Captain by name? One does not state one's sself over relay by name but call ssign? Are you and old associate or comrade? Or are you a would be scavenger?". Bas countered, "I can understand being careful, but I also understand being Cunnin'. Ssso no offense but stop moving bout or your gonna make me and this blaster right nervous... Sssir." Bas would state... He needed time to figure out how this guy knew they were there and if that was dangerous. If he was wrong he'd apologise.
Jan 21, 2016 2:05 am
Jarek tightens his grip on his blaster as Bas confronts the man. It seems odd that the man is trying to confirm that the captain is alone.
Jan 21, 2016 2:45 am
"I reckon that's none of your business Snakeboy" pestered the man.

"Lets just say he's well known by a couple associates of mine. Associates that pay well for people like him. Now you would be wise to be like pretty boy over there and put your blaster on the ground" says the man who points to Beren. As he says this two men, one on each side of the group appear with blaster pistols drawn.

"Empire pays well when we haul in Rebels such as yourselves. Heck, we bring that captain of yours in and I might even be able to retire" says the man as he smiles. "Now go on, drop them so nobody dies on a crappy rainy day like this"

You may try to negotiate/talk it out or you may roll Cool to initiate battle. Whichever is done first will decide what the group does.
Jan 21, 2016 3:32 am
Oh boy, time to try Coercion!

Morjak regards the men before him with a steely gaze perfected by many nearly identical encounters as this, and barks in a commanding voice, "I suggest you rethink your position for a moment. The average human reaction speed is approximately one quarter of a second. The average total target acquisition and execution time for an IG-series assassin droid is .05 seconds faster than that. A trained soldier, approximately .03 seconds faster. As I've been speaking, my companions have had ample time to prepare. You died the second you decided not to simply open fire on us. Now, as you said--drop your weapons so nobody dies on a day like this.

Rolls

Coercion (oh boy here we go)

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure

Total: 2 Failure, 2 Advantage

Jan 21, 2016 4:08 am
Coercion is a competitive check most of the times, mostly against the enemies discipline so luckily those purple dice wont count

Rolling Discipline for the Man:

1 Threat Total

Rolls

Man Discipline, Multiple Allies

Jan 21, 2016 4:17 am
The man nervously looks at Morjak a little, his confidence clearly shaken, before regaining a little bit of his lost composure by the threat.

"Just who do you think you are trying to threaten me? Even if you do manage to kill me my boys will bring back the Captain and if they see me dead they gonna do the same to him as you did me."

He begins to pace a little through the tense moment. Every footstep seeming like an eternity.
Jan 21, 2016 6:03 am
Jarek looks around, fearing the worst is about to happen, "Hey, hey now. No need to get twitchy here.why don't we all just calm down and talk about this? No one needs to get hurt here today."
Last edited January 21, 2016 6:04 am

Rolls

Negotiation

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Triumph

Received a blue for the coercion roll advantage

Jan 21, 2016 11:05 am
rolling the mans cool

Rolls

Cool (cool rank 1, multiple allies, taken off guard by coercion)

Jan 21, 2016 12:56 pm
Well I think it's a nice rainy day... it feels good. Bas thought as he scowled at being called a boy the tip of his tail flickering.

He swayed slightly at the talk of specs on M4-T3 as they were stated and wiped his mouth. The conversation after that was hard to focus on and he felt vastly out of place now since he didn't know what was going on.

Blinking several times with his free hand he counts out something but he whispers to the rest, unfortunately since everyone was somewhat not right next to each other he felt slightly embarrassed by the time he was done, "Hey don't we have more guns pointed at them? Even with us putting one down we still got more guns on them? That's good right?"

I know he said it's none of our business but I think it kind of is isn't it? Was that a trick? And as long as we don't kill him maybe we can trade him in the unlikely event his guys actually figure out where the Captain is... Man... we should have brought a field manual... I have no idea how to do an interrogation.... Bas thought to himself as the slightly warm muggy weather and rain pelted him... He didn't understand why humans didn't like this kind of weather but for now he kept his blaster pointed at the people with guns out.
Jan 21, 2016 1:19 pm
"Boss maybe we should just let them go" proclaimed the henchman on the left.

With rain hitting the man hard he begins to soften his tone.

"you know before you rebels began showing up on this planet it was a nice place. said the man with great intent. He listens to what Bas has to say before quickly retorting.

"what makes you so sure of that? You've been showing up on our sensors for awhile. Surely you wouldn't think I'd walk out here confronting the five of you with only two of my own guys if I didn't have more of them waiting.

He then looks at Jared

"You're right though nobody should have to die today. I'll let you turn around and leave without harm. There's nothing here for you now. My boys have had this post since the rebels abandoned it awhile back"
Jan 21, 2016 1:42 pm
"Yeah thiss place is nice... I like the weather. But we ain't hear to hurt the people and the planet yall we're here to help." Bas admitted before getting a little defensive. He scratched the side of his face confused.

-_-

"But you ssaid they wasss out yonder gettin our Captain..." Bas began getting more confused on if there were guys on him or out getting his Captain.

"And if it'ss a rebel post don't dat mean yall iss tresspasssin'? Yall ain't ssitting round a busssted listenin' post sssquatin are ya? Ya did say it wasn't acting right... Yall at least know why they abandoned it? If it's toxic or irradiated we really don't want to go in there... yall shouldn't either if it ain't ssafe though... " Bas countered his head rigs drooping slightly wondering if the man was trying to purposely confuse Bas...

Looking at the others he shrugged not knowing what they should do.
Jan 21, 2016 2:55 pm
i didn't forget the triumph so don't worry it's
Coming
Jan 21, 2016 5:29 pm
Beren really wants to, you know, casually bend over and pick up his blaster, but so far is showing great restraint. To keep his mind off of the gun on the ground, he folds his arms in front of him and tries to keep pretty still. At the first sign of trouble, he's dropping prone, picking up his gun and drilling the boss with his blaster.

Meanwhile he supports Bas, "Yah. What was that you were saying about trying to get the Captain? Seems like letting us go is one thing -- but if you have people to call off, perhaps you should do that?"
Jan 21, 2016 5:40 pm
"I really don't want to see anything bad happen to anyone here, or any of your friends. I would call them off before they get into trouble. The captain is very well protected and the only thing that's gonna happen if your friends try to grab him is they're going to get themselves killed," Jarek says, trying to avoid as much bloodshed as possible.

Rolls

Negotiation again?

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 21, 2016 5:46 pm
Beren says quietly to Jarek, "Ask 'em why they like the Empire so much while you're at it. I can't imagine anyone out here is a fan of those moof milkers."
Jan 21, 2016 6:22 pm
Rolling Cool Again. For Social Checks you dont have to roll purple dice

Rolls

Cool (Multiple Allies +1 Black, Coercion Success -1 Black)

Jan 21, 2016 6:32 pm
The man begins to remain stalwart about calling off any attempt. His impatience and anger at the situation starts to rise and he begins to grab at his blaster pistol when before anyone can react a shot from a blaster pistol hits his thigh near the holster of his pistol. He falls to the ground yelling in pain and looking to the right you see one of his henchman with the blaster pistol aimed towards the man.

"I told you to let them go. The credits arent worth us losing our heads for." says the henchman on the right. He moves forward and kicks the blaster pistol away from the man before he could get any ideas. The henchman on the left at first hesitated but now also sided with the other one.

"The only one that should be losing their head is you two. Youre both a pair of stinkin traitors" shouts the man in agony.

"Come on, lets go" says one of the henchman who proceeds to motion towards the man. One of the henchman takes a pair of mag cuffs and puts them on their former leader before beginning to pick him up and haul him away, much to the mans discontent.

The other henchman sticks by for a second before acknowledging the group

"The post is yours. There's not much in there but some of the systems are still online like the comms and the tracking which is why we were able to notice you coming" He then turns around and begins to head back with the other henchman before walking in the direction opposite where you came from, where a forest lies ahead.

Used Triumph to have his partners turn on the leader
Jarek's tactful negotiation skills has inspired the group, granting the next skill check made by someone to be given an extra blue die.

Fighting a battle with words, rather than guns is always a struggle but mastery of it shows true fighting prowess. Each player receives 5 XP for this encounter
Jan 21, 2016 6:45 pm
"Bye, thanks for not ssshooting at us yall! Get out the rain ssoon though... Yall don't wanna catch a cold." Bas blurts out waving at they go. Bas looks at the rest, "Yall think they got one of them there cages set up just inside the door to fall on us? You know these city sssleakers sometimes get mighty tricky. Just cus Imma good ol' boy don't means I'm gulliable..." Bass asks the rest of the group. If the pair left the leader's pistol Bas will point it out plus Beren probably wanting to pick his up as well before it gets the inner coil soaked.

"Oh man they still got boys going to see the Captain! Come on Doc!" Bas belts out and dashes inside to see if he can pick up other people in the area on the comms array's tracking moving the opposite direction they had just come.
Jan 21, 2016 6:53 pm
Beren looks at Jarek, clearly impressed. "That took some doing there. Nice work!" He's also quick to pick up his blaster and brush off the dirt. "We should get in touch with the Captain and make sure he's alright."

Beren will also pick up the leaders weapon and hand it to MATE. "Here, Mate, this might be better than the clunker the Cap'n gave you."
Last edited January 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Jarek smiles at Beren's compliment, "I'm just glad it didn't come down to blasters. Truth is that I'm not a great shot," then he will follow Bas inside.
Jan 21, 2016 10:51 pm
Do the people with the ship not have comlinks? We can just call and have them keep an eye out.

"Clearly the rebels on this planet have been compromised. We will be best served by keeping our heads down and our cards to our chests." Morjak states, heading inside the Post and taking a careful look around for any useful supplies.
Jan 22, 2016 5:21 am
Ship people do have com links
M4-TE Receives a Blaster Pistol

As you guys reach inside you begin to notice the various systems that are being ran inside the cabin. Rain drips off your wet bodies and onto the wood beneath you. The humidity is just as bad in the cabin however which gives the air a humid woodlike taste to it.

You notice what appaears to be a comms station followed by what appears to be some sort of tracking software, plus a few other systems. A couple machines seem to have various parts taken from them. Whether or not they were stolen isunknown to you. There is a set of stairs that leads upstairs and a few rooms down on the ground floor for sleeping and dining.

You begin to notice the sounds on the comms console is Captain Kadoon trying to call for any Rebel forces in the area.
Jan 22, 2016 6:08 am
Beren is a capable hand with computers, and begins to perform some inspection of what's remaining -- curious if the men who have vacated have left behind any surprises for the return of the rightful owners. He leans over the consoles and fiddles to see what he can find.

"Hey Jarek or Doc -- do you want to check in with the Captain and make sure he knows what's up? I especially like that bit about laying way more low than we seem to be laying given what just happened."

Rolls

Computers check, if required (boost from inspiration)

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Mechanics dificulty 1

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Jan 22, 2016 2:35 pm
"If yall get a hold of him tell him about dem boysss comin down from the hollow. Also might want to change cyptollogy if anyone can hear him ain't gonna get any easier for usss. See what else is available and let me know if yall find a secret compartment or something locked out." Bad pipes up as he looks around the new environment of electronics to see what isn't working anymore and what it has possible parts to cannibalize and repurpose.

(OoC: Let me know if you want a perception or a mechanics roll to see what equipment is offline/can be shut down and stripped for parts before loaded into the backpack of donations.)
Last edited January 22, 2016 2:36 pm
Jan 22, 2016 4:06 pm
Jarek will approach the comms station, "Captain, can you hear me? This is Face Man. We're at the comm station, which was in control of an unsavory group. We managed to get them out of here without a fight, but they've already sent some people to take you as a bounty so keep your eyes open. Might want to consider a new secure channel for comms since they were listening in on our landing."
Last edited January 22, 2016 6:59 pm
Jan 22, 2016 6:58 pm
M4-T3 takes the blaster and inspects it. Finding it to be in much better condition he holsters the damages device and carries the better pistol. "I will patrol the perimeter and watch for anyone approaching, just in case there are stragglers."
Jan 23, 2016 6:38 pm
Bas give me an average mechanics check to scrounge through deactivated systems for parts

Beren begins taking a look at the system mainframe and diagnostic tools to see whats still online.

-------------SYSTEM MAINFRAME-------------
-------------COMMUNICATIONS: ONLINE----------
-------------SONAR DETECT: ONLINE--------------
-------------POWER CORES: DAMAGED, GENERATOR ON---------
-------------LOGS: CORRUPTED---------------
-------------TURRET: OFFLINE-----------------
-------------COMMUNICATIONS JAMMER: OFFLINE-------------

You do manage to run a recovery sequence and manage to recover a log. The date shows two months ago and appears to be about the situation of the listening post(2adv)

You begin reading it:

Things have been getting quiet around here, almost a little too quiet. These storms have definitely made our jobs harder the past few weeks but thats Uuopa for you. Xa'Ghul is trying to get our speeders up again. They took a few hits on our last scouting operation but I think we managed to elude them without leading them back here. Sonars not catching much either. Bravo base should be recalling us soon but we havent heard from them in a week too. Could we be getting our comms jammed? I'll probably take a look for a device like it soon once these storms let up. Until then its just a waiting game.

----------------

The captain takes a few seconds before replying on the communications device

"Alright thanks for letting me know. Did you guys find anything there at the post? Not being in rebel control is a very concerning thing. Ill keep an eye out for anyone but its been all clear over here besides this rain. Dont forget the medical supplies. Ive about used all I have left to keep him afloat. He wont make it to the base if we don't get anything for him"

As M4-T3 keeps an eye outside you dont notice much at the moment besides the rain coming down. Even with Thermal imaging it appears that nobody is really coming this way anytime soon.
Jan 23, 2016 6:52 pm
Bas's tongue clicks and he browses flea market picker style. Once done he comes back to see what's going on with the terminal,
"What y'all find out?" he asked genuinely curious, "Cap ok?"

Rolls

Mechanics Scrunge

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 23, 2016 6:57 pm
Jarek turns to Bas, "Yeah, captain is ok, they haven't seen any danger yet but they'll keep their eyes open," then turns back to the comms system, "We're still digging through everything here, then we'll be quick to get the med supplies. Don't worry, we'll get them in time."
Jan 23, 2016 7:09 pm
You begin taking what you can from the downed systems. You manage to get one unit of electrical components wire steel

You find a broken radio transmitter from the comms jammer, possibly a repair on it down the line will allow you to use it for some other purpose.

Bas receives one unit of Electrical Components, Steel and Wire as well as a Broken transmitter. No encumbrance
Jan 23, 2016 7:24 pm
"Pff."

Beren taps at the keyboard some more. "It looks like the logs are corrupted. I've managed to get a snippet from about 2 months ago. The soldiers here were concerned they were being jammed -- and hadn't heard from Bravo base in a week. I'm not sure it's safe to assume the base is still up and running. We may have bigger problems for the sergeant than short term medical supplies."

He taps some more, "That said, they do talk about having speeders -- so might be worth a look see to see if they are still around. The system reports the turret is offline and the communications jammer -- which I think is what you've just found all busted up there, Bas, is also offline."

Beren looks up, "Oh, and the power systems are offline -- we're on generator right now. Bas, think we can get that power system working? And maybe the defense turret? I'd feel safer if there were some automated defenses working before we left. That or I think we gotta shut this thing down hard so it can't be used against us."
Last edited January 23, 2016 7:26 pm
Jan 23, 2016 7:47 pm
"Well thatss good Doc." Bas expresses taking a last look at some parts before shoving them into his bag.

"I guess I can take a look at them there logss when you're done maybe we'll find out why they up and left like they did. We'll have to look round a bit more to find the ssspeeders or they done up and drove off on 'em. Jammer's down on account of that there radio transmitter been fried like an egg in a thunderclap, turrets probably powered down to conserve power. If we can find some replacement parts might be worth trying to repair. We can look into the generators but I'd prefer to assess the whole place before I sstart working on ssomething, ssshame to have to up and run out while working on something part way... terrible like something awful in meh boness man. Lets check the rest out and if we can find some other things round this place. M4-T3 hasn't hollered from the porch so I think we're good for a ssspell." Bas explains wiping his forehead.

He'll try and see what he can do for the computer logs real quick before they search the rest of the place.
OOC:
Feel free to add a die if you think it's be hard to get some data off the corrupted logs.

Rolls

Computer Check

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Jan 23, 2016 7:52 pm
Beren will leave the computers to Bas and head out to look for a sign of the speeders -- a cursory search looking for something pretty Rebellion-standard or somewhat obvious rather than anything too meticulous and time consuming. If he doesn't find anything after about 5-10 minutes he'll give it up. On his way by Mate, he'll add "I'm going to see if there's any sign of the base's speeders or former occupants nearby. Picking up anything unusual?"
Jan 24, 2016 1:52 am
"Negative, sir. No contact with any outside entities. Sitrep normal. I shall join you in the search for the vehicles."
Jan 24, 2016 3:27 am
Morjak combs the area in search of any emergency medical supplies--surely there's a stimpak or at least some alcohol lying around somewhere.
Jan 24, 2016 4:03 pm
OOC:
Morjak Please give a Dificulty 2 Perception Check
Beren & M4-TE

The storm outside seems to be getting heavier by the moment. Coupled with the hgh temperatures a boggy effect begins to permeate onto the forest. A light misty fog is evident as a result. You can still see through the fog but it does affect how far you're able to see. The rain drops are big meaty drop that carry a lot of water with them. In the distance you hear the rumbling of thunder. It looks like youre in a pretty heavy storm.

Outside the Cabin you two begin to search for any Speeders or any clues of them. Unfortunately it seems as though any speeders that were mentioned in the log are long gone. There doesnt even appear to be any evidence of scrap from them.

--------------------
Bas

You begin to work hard at trying to recover the logs on this terminal. You type in a series of sequences but the best you get are a random jarble of words that end up going away as fast they came. It seems as though whatever happened to these logs has permanently destroyed them forever.

Take one strain as the jarble of words confuses you as well as your frustration with not being able to get the logs recovered
Jan 24, 2016 4:32 pm
Beren returns to the listening post and wanders inside, dripping. "Ugh. That's some nasty weather. We should probably think about getting ourselves dug in defensively and wait for this thing to blow over." He wanders back to a computer terminal near Bas, "I wonder if I can get a weather report out of the local network or one of these machines... If this storm will last for days no sense in staying put."
Jan 24, 2016 5:09 pm
"Agreed. Returning to cover seems the best course of action at this time, and far more desirable than being out in the weather. If we have not found them yet, there seems a high probability that the vehicles were taken from here, either by the fleeing rebels or those that drove them off." M4 follows back, still keeping an eye out for trouble.
Jan 24, 2016 6:53 pm
"Can we wait any time at all for the medical supplies? The way the captain spoke sounds like we don't have any time at all or we risk losing the sergeant"
Jan 25, 2016 2:10 am
Geez, finally have time to make a post today.

Rolls

Finding supplies

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Jan 25, 2016 2:01 pm
Bas scavenges around with the Doctor to see what's useable. He also is on the lookout for anything locked that hasn't been pried open.

Rolls

Bas does a lookie loo Perception Average Check (Cun 3 Rank 0)

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Failure

Total: 1 Advantage

Jan 25, 2016 5:18 pm
OOC:
In the future searching for things,computer checks etc are going to get one check. ie two cant go searcching for the same exact stuff in same place
Bas and Morjak begin to scatter through the remaining supplies at the cabin. You manage to come across two stimpacks from the medical supplies case in the upstairs area. While searching for medical supplies a loud rumble of thunder spooks and catches Morjak off guard, causing him to take 1 point in strain. Everything else though appears to be empty. The ration packs even look to have been eaten
Jan 25, 2016 9:09 pm
Checking the terminal you manage to figure out that the storm is going to be staying for atleast a couple of days, with the intensity of it dying off later that night. The temperatures seem to be staying the same though and the humidity also will remain unchanged. It seems as though boggy weather is seasonable this time of the year on uuopa.
OOC:
forgot to add this, sorry!
Jan 25, 2016 9:15 pm
With Bas doing no more really than watch Morjak really he stares at the human, "I guess we sshould ssee what the others are up to, the weather is going to be like this for a while longer here on this here planet, we can try and dissable the coms array sstation if we're not going to be coming back for a spell by removing vital componentss but I'd like the rest of the unit to weigh in and I did want to look into why the generators are offline before we leave... You think they found a speeder???" Bas finally pipped up not being of much use lately.
Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm
"The Sergeant Major can't wait even until tonight for those medical supplies. If it's just going to be rain, I say we continue on to the city for the supplies that we need," Jarek says, not wanting to let the Captain down.
Jan 26, 2016 4:36 pm
Would these stimpaks suffice for the Sergeant?

"I find it incredibly unlikely that more squatters are going to decide to take over this base. Disabling it will only serve to make our lives more difficult in the near future." Morjak states, pocketing the stimpaks. "Using this place as an operable base will serve a much better purpose."
Jan 26, 2016 4:59 pm
"We have not located any transportation. It seems logical that we should move on. If need be we can retake this facility later, that seems an unlikely scenario."
OOC:
Stim packs are meant as a temporary fix in the field. For narrative purposes we need more heavy duty stuff. A bacta tank would probably be ideal.
Jan 27, 2016 4:23 pm
As you look up you see the grey sky begin to turn an almost amber cloudy sky. It must be getting well past daytime at this point. There are spurts of heavy downpour but for the most part the rain begins to taper off a little. One benefit of the rain accompanying the humidity right now is the lack of bugs that like to fly out and be a pestilence. With the two stim packs in hand they know that the Sergeant wont make it with just those, they will need something to treat the burns. You guys can tell from the map that if you head West that youd be able to make it to town after a decent walk.
Jan 27, 2016 4:35 pm
"I guess we're heading out to town." Bas states with a shrug looking around. "Maybe it'll be easier to move about at thiss time of day y'all" he adds as he slithers along taking point again.
Jan 27, 2016 10:29 pm
Beren nods to the consensus, "Let's get going -- we need to get those supplies quickly if the Sarge is going to pull through. I guess we're getting wet."
Jan 28, 2016 2:50 am
Morjak follows the others silently.
Jan 28, 2016 4:58 am
After a fair distance of walking, and getting wet you begin to hear the sounds of a somewhat bustling city. Glimpses of buildings can be seen through the trees as you are walking. They look to be of a light green almost, olive color with various neon lighting poking out at you from where you're walking. Even then t looks to be a moderate distance away which tells you that the city is definitely not small by stature.

You begin to cross through more clearings and eventually reach the outer parts where some cabins are now within walking distance of where you guys are, and where the town is. The sky begins to really shine its amber hue through the clouds, despite all of the raining
Jan 28, 2016 12:52 pm
Nodding Bas looks around and thinks about the plan, moving in as individual and looks at the rest.

"Sso what chall using for your backsstory, people are gunna ask uss what we're doing 'round dess parts... we just some random drifterss? Should we get some different clothes yall think? Where do we meet up if we ssee a bunch of them there Imperial troopers in the town? And how long should we look around for ssupplies before we meet back up and leave? Maybe leave out of town another direction and come the long way back in case we're getting followed... if they don't think we're drifters that be a might big problem but if people do think we're drifters escpecially when we're singled out... we might get rushed and robbed... Plus we can't walk around town with our guns out unless we want to rob someone...yeah that's probably waaay out. Saarge would start ssspitting blood yelling at us..." Bas pipes up back into chatterbox mode. Falling silent he pulls a long blade of grass up and starts chewing on the base.
Jan 28, 2016 6:31 pm
"Be sure to remove rebel insignia. Holstered weapons should not draw to much attention during times of conflict such as these. I suggest two parties. We each belong to the crew of a cargo transport. We came down for repairs and refuel, but our approach was off and we had to land further away than we would have liked. It isn't exactly a lie."
Jan 28, 2016 9:14 pm
Beren holsters his pistol and double checks his insignia isn't on. "Sounds like a good plan, Mate. Do we have any job other than finding medical supplies? And what qualifies as medical supplies?"
Jan 28, 2016 9:34 pm
"Man M4-T3 that's good, 'mind me not to play cardss with you, you prolly got a mean poker face." Bas stats with a jerk of his neck.

"Well if I could find sssome parts for the ssstation that'd be nice and we could get it up and running right quick. Maybe ssome things to hide in the forest and ssomething to ssee heat or long distances with...Doc prolly knows what he needs to fix him up." Bas adds checking himself over and holstering his weapon.
Jan 28, 2016 9:36 pm
"Who's going to be in which group?"
Jan 28, 2016 10:30 pm
"I have compiled a list of everything we need to treat the Sergeant. Bandages, dressings, painkillers..Optimally, he needs a blood transfusion as well, however, finding the equipment and supplies for that would be difficult for obvious reasons. And of course, bacta is never remiss. Absolute best case scenario, he needs a proper medical suite." Morjak rattles off.
Last edited January 28, 2016 10:31 pm
Jan 29, 2016 12:37 am
Beren nods, mouthing the list to himself, "...and bacta." Looking then to Jarek, "Well, we could do the suits in one group... that would be you and the Doc. Or we can have someone join you guys. Or we can split the suits up between teams. Those seem like the three best choices."
Jan 29, 2016 1:10 am
"I would not advise challenging me to any game based solely on mathematical probability and the reading of subtle emotional responses. My lack of facial expression would prove...a hindrance." M4 replies to Bas.

"I volunteer to go look for medical supplies with the doctor. Looking for potentially expensive medical supplies will indicate a potential supply of credits. More likely to attract undesirable attention. The presence of a security droid may deter those looking to rob or swindle us."
Jan 29, 2016 1:14 am
"Well I guess I can go look for partss and maybe a beater sspeeder that is fixable on the cheap... One will at least get the Sarge what he needs asap if I can get it up and workin'." Bas offered up trying to think of the next step if they found what they needed.
Jan 29, 2016 4:27 am
"I guess that leaves me and Jarek to go find other medical supplies or things we might need?"
Jan 29, 2016 5:17 pm
"That sounds good to me," Jarek nods at Beren.
Jan 31, 2016 7:58 am
The two groups begin to split up and make their way into town in their respective pairings.

Jarek and Beren are the first to reach town. As they walk towards the town you see a mix of races tending to their various farmlands on the outside parts of the city. They appaear to be growing some tall green plant, and the way you look at it lets you know that they seem to be harvesting the plant for their leaves.

The tall buildings begin to appear taller as you approach closer. You make your way into the first entry part of the city and you can notice right away there is a taxi presence in this town. Freight also seems to be dealt with towards the edge of town. Large shipments of goods appear to be getting dropped off by transport ships which seem to be outfitted for life on Uuopa.

There seems to be an endless amount of possibilities as to where you could possibly go in search of medical supplies.

---------------

The group of Bas, M4-TE, And Morjak make their way into town slightly later than the previous group, having taken a slightly altered path to avoid any suspicion. As you pass the farms some of the workers look at the droid, almost as if they were prizing it for the parts they could possibly salvage from it. It only happens for a lingering second or two before the workers humbly continue onto their work. Perhaps the trouble isn't worth it to them and their small scale lives.

You approach into the city behind some caravan trading companies ahead of you that feed into the supply depot area of town where cargo is being dropped off once again, by transport ships. Everyone here appears to be busy quickly moving cargo, taking extra care of the things that should not be left out in the rain for too lnog
Jan 31, 2016 10:11 pm
"Jarek," Beren asks, "any idea what that plant is?" He gets a bit closer before he mutters, "I'd ask a local but don't want to look like some moof milker offworlder."
Feb 1, 2016 9:00 pm
Jarek looks at the plant and tries to remember anything that his tutors may have taught him about them.

Rolls

Education (Or one of my trained knowledge skills)?

1 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

Untrained knowledge?

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success

Feb 1, 2016 9:57 pm
Jarek receives 2 strain from trying to recall the information

You remember that it's a Borticulia. The plant itself is valued for its leaves, which can be ground into a paste as a cheap food that has many nutritional properties and a few medical ones, such as a minor numbing agent when combined with other materials.
Feb 1, 2016 10:01 pm
Jarek nods, "It's a borticulia," and then lists the effects that he knows it has, "It may be somewhat useful in at least making the sergeant more comfortable."
Feb 2, 2016 2:59 am
Morjak scans his eyes around the town, taking stock of the people. "Most of the supplies we need should be found in any general store. The only thing that requires specialization would be the transfusion, the bacta, and perhaps some stronger painkillers." he mentions to the others. "M4-T3, ensure that you set your blasters to stun, should these vultures get any bright ideas."
Feb 2, 2016 4:23 am
"I am prepared."
Feb 2, 2016 4:37 am
"Hrm. Ok." His eyes cast around, a little overwhelmed and lost for what to do. "Should we start poking around for some medical supplies? Or see if there's something else useful around? Bas is after a speeder -- perhaps we can try out some medical options in case the others whiff it."
Feb 2, 2016 1:50 pm
"Yeah, let's find the medical supplies first, then we can worry about anything else."
Feb 2, 2016 6:25 pm
Beren will then wander about with Jarek, window shopping and looking for some medical supplies. "I figure if we find something," he notes, "we can call the others and let them know."
Feb 2, 2016 7:49 pm
Beren and Jarek begin looking at the various buildings within the City. Sometimes it's a little hard to notice whats inside of the stoor due to the rain and the influx of people walking near you guys but for the most part you're at least fitting in. For how dark the skies are due to the storm and with the Sun recently setting the neon signs give the town a pretty look to it. Enough to be pleasant to the eye without going overboard. You keep an eye out trying to find a building that would house medical goods and services for sale.
OOC:
Would you guys please give me a perception check. Go for skilled assistance so that you may get the best possible roll. The difficulty will be 2 Purples and 2 Blacks
Bas, M4-TE, and Morjak begin to walk into their section of town and within a few minutes they approach what appears to be the central area of the town. There's not as many people out due to the weather but night life is still relatively flowing around town. You catch a glimpse of a general store but before you could enter it you realized that is has closed for the evening. A passing Twi'lek notes as she passes the three of you that if you need something from a general store that Higbee's Hole a bit more north of the town also sells a lot of the goods youd see in here, despite also being a Catina at night.
Feb 2, 2016 7:53 pm
OOC:
Jarek: I have Cunning 2, Perception 1 - so I'd be YG. Do you have a higher cunning or perception?
Feb 2, 2016 7:57 pm
Bas grins and smiles at the nice lady as her helpful advise might get them what they need waving as she leaves. Once she's gone and they start in the direction Bas speaks up, "Yall think thiss here iss one of them ambushes on the way?" he stated the grass stem twitched in his mouth. With a hand on his pistol hilt he slithers down the way to a possible Catina/General Store.
Feb 2, 2016 8:10 pm
OOC:
Unfortunately I only have 2 Cunning, we just get YG :(

We're looking around for med shop!

Shouldn't it read 1 success, 3 threat, 1 triumph since a triumph counts as success as well?
Last edited February 2, 2016 8:25 pm

Rolls

Looking for med shop

3 Success, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Threat, 1 Triumph

Feb 2, 2016 11:17 pm
"Unlikely. If this were an ambush, we would have been ambushed by now."
Feb 3, 2016 1:19 am
"Agreed. We probably look like the outsiders that we are, and she was nice enough to direct strangers where they might want to be. I think we should check it out. If you like I can communicate this change in direction to the others." The droid moves on toward the new destination.
Feb 3, 2016 5:07 pm
Through the heavy rain you notice two patrolling imperial soldiers near a building up ahead. They stand near it for a little while as you walk towards it. You two notice they're watching the people that walk in and out of the building. One watches while the other seems to be talking into a com device. After a little while they begin to resume their patrol down the street. You overhear one of the soldiers say "Run these descriptions and see if we get any matches" before rambling facial features and some names.

You look into the building and you notice what appears to be some sort of shop. A human fronts it behind the counter. You watch as he slips in the back for a second before retrieving what appears to be medical supplies for a potential customer.
OOC:
triumph does count as a pass
-----------

After a bit of looking you find Higbees sitting on the second floor of a tall building in a slightly rundown, but still charming part of town. There's a staircase that brings you to the entrance of the Catina. You open the door and you are met with a swath of patrons having a good time. There's a couple tables open towards the center of the Catina and you notice through the music and crowd the bar counter in the back. Oddly it seems to be run by a duros, but there is a good amount of diversity within the town so it's not too unsettling.
Feb 4, 2016 11:58 am
Looking around Bas points at the tables that are free and the bar. "Imma ssee about where they ssell sstuff yall." Bas explains over the din of the crowd and slithers in.
Feb 4, 2016 9:14 pm
"Let's get our supplies, while the gettin is good, Jarek." Beren nods towards the backs of the departing Imperials. He picks up his comlink and dials Bas. "Yo Bas, can you hear me?" Beren will follow Jarek into the store if he heads that way -- after a few seconds if Jarek seems disinclined to go in first, Beren will start heading that way as he attempts to raise the other party.
Feb 4, 2016 9:40 pm
Jarek will walk in and speak to the shopkeeper when he's done with the other customer, "Hi, I'm looking for some medical supplies, any way you could help me out?"
Feb 6, 2016 6:48 pm
The shopkeeper looks at you almost dumbfounded and insulted before replying back to you?

"only type of people that ask that sort of question around here are imperial spies and people not from around here. Come to think of it I haven't seen the both of you around here before so you better have a good reason as to why you're here with us being under surveillance. You saw the guards out there didn't you?

---------

After awhile of watching the crowd flow you notice most of the shopping and drinking is purchased from the duros in the back behind the counter. Berets transmission begins to come through on your com link and some people around you are a little unsettled by that
Feb 6, 2016 10:05 pm
Points at the counter and waves the other two his way. Hearing his commlink go off and startling a few customers hebswitch to a quieter version that was large group of strangers friendly. " Yeah man, whatsss up?"
Feb 8, 2016 3:24 am
Beren will find a part of the store where it's quiet and where he can quietly whisper into his commlink. "Wanted to give you a quick heads up, Bas -- there's Imperials takin' facial captures and looking for lowlifes. They seem to be watching building entrances."
Last edited February 8, 2016 3:25 am
Feb 8, 2016 1:30 pm
"Oh... Well Dang..." Bas stated upon hearing the news, "Roger that, Guess we out to look into disguises jusst incasse. Thankss." Bas states before going back to let the others know about the possible need for disguises or just not be seen. They'd need to talk to the bartender about supplies also.

I'm gonna need a pair of shades and a hat...
Feb 8, 2016 1:53 pm
Jarek looks around to make sure no one's listening in before leaning in to whisper to the shopkeeper, "You're right, I'm not from around here, but I'm not an imperial spy. I just have a sick friend who's not gonna make it if I can't get these supplies."

Rolls

Negotiation to try to convince him to sell to me

2 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat

Feb 9, 2016 2:13 pm
"Jarek or Beren. The next negotioation roll with this keep will require an extra black dice since he is unaware of your motivations completely at this moment (2 threat)
After looking at you for a long second he begins to soften his tone.

"Look youve got to be careful saying stuff like that around here. The empires been keeping tabs on this place for awhile. Ive got stuff, and its a lot cheaper than you're ever going to find on this planet. Ive got means and contacts who help get me these things so Im able to sell them off cheap to those who need them."

He gives a nod towards the man who he was helping earlier whose outside at the moment. You look behind him and you see him giving some sort of medicine to what appears to be his kid, who does not look well. Neither of them look very well off financially.

"So what kind of things are you looking for anyway?"
Feb 9, 2016 6:37 pm
"Bandages, burn ointment, and something to help replenish blood would be a start. Pain meds, while not necessary, would not be a bad idea. And some Bacta would be an amazing help as well, if you have any."

Rolls

Negotiation

4 Success, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 3 Threat

Feb 11, 2016 2:10 am
Morjak works to contain his disdain at the loud announcement that any one of them had reason to fear the Empire. Might as well have kept the rebel insignias on their clothes. He switches his comlink to a much lower volume.

Nonetheless, he keeps a straight face as he walks up to the duros barkeep. "Good day. I was told we could get supplies here--we need to restock our medbay and replace some broken equipment."
Feb 13, 2016 3:41 pm
Beren doesn't talk fancy, so he keeps his mouth shut. But he does like to pay attention, so he'll keep an eye out.
OOC:
Rolling average perception check in case it's helpful.
Last edited February 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Rolls

Perception check - average difficulty.

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure

You do not have permission to post in this thread.