Episode 1: A New Home

load previous
Jan 21, 2016 2:55 pm
i didn't forget the triumph so don't worry it's
Coming
Jan 21, 2016 5:29 pm
Beren really wants to, you know, casually bend over and pick up his blaster, but so far is showing great restraint. To keep his mind off of the gun on the ground, he folds his arms in front of him and tries to keep pretty still. At the first sign of trouble, he's dropping prone, picking up his gun and drilling the boss with his blaster.

Meanwhile he supports Bas, "Yah. What was that you were saying about trying to get the Captain? Seems like letting us go is one thing -- but if you have people to call off, perhaps you should do that?"
Jan 21, 2016 5:40 pm
"I really don't want to see anything bad happen to anyone here, or any of your friends. I would call them off before they get into trouble. The captain is very well protected and the only thing that's gonna happen if your friends try to grab him is they're going to get themselves killed," Jarek says, trying to avoid as much bloodshed as possible.

Rolls

Negotiation again?

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 21, 2016 5:46 pm
Beren says quietly to Jarek, "Ask 'em why they like the Empire so much while you're at it. I can't imagine anyone out here is a fan of those moof milkers."
Jan 21, 2016 6:22 pm
Rolling Cool Again. For Social Checks you dont have to roll purple dice

Rolls

Cool (Multiple Allies +1 Black, Coercion Success -1 Black)

Jan 21, 2016 6:32 pm
The man begins to remain stalwart about calling off any attempt. His impatience and anger at the situation starts to rise and he begins to grab at his blaster pistol when before anyone can react a shot from a blaster pistol hits his thigh near the holster of his pistol. He falls to the ground yelling in pain and looking to the right you see one of his henchman with the blaster pistol aimed towards the man.

"I told you to let them go. The credits arent worth us losing our heads for." says the henchman on the right. He moves forward and kicks the blaster pistol away from the man before he could get any ideas. The henchman on the left at first hesitated but now also sided with the other one.

"The only one that should be losing their head is you two. Youre both a pair of stinkin traitors" shouts the man in agony.

"Come on, lets go" says one of the henchman who proceeds to motion towards the man. One of the henchman takes a pair of mag cuffs and puts them on their former leader before beginning to pick him up and haul him away, much to the mans discontent.

The other henchman sticks by for a second before acknowledging the group

"The post is yours. There's not much in there but some of the systems are still online like the comms and the tracking which is why we were able to notice you coming" He then turns around and begins to head back with the other henchman before walking in the direction opposite where you came from, where a forest lies ahead.

Used Triumph to have his partners turn on the leader
Jarek's tactful negotiation skills has inspired the group, granting the next skill check made by someone to be given an extra blue die.

Fighting a battle with words, rather than guns is always a struggle but mastery of it shows true fighting prowess. Each player receives 5 XP for this encounter
Jan 21, 2016 6:45 pm
"Bye, thanks for not ssshooting at us yall! Get out the rain ssoon though... Yall don't wanna catch a cold." Bas blurts out waving at they go. Bas looks at the rest, "Yall think they got one of them there cages set up just inside the door to fall on us? You know these city sssleakers sometimes get mighty tricky. Just cus Imma good ol' boy don't means I'm gulliable..." Bass asks the rest of the group. If the pair left the leader's pistol Bas will point it out plus Beren probably wanting to pick his up as well before it gets the inner coil soaked.

"Oh man they still got boys going to see the Captain! Come on Doc!" Bas belts out and dashes inside to see if he can pick up other people in the area on the comms array's tracking moving the opposite direction they had just come.
Jan 21, 2016 6:53 pm
Beren looks at Jarek, clearly impressed. "That took some doing there. Nice work!" He's also quick to pick up his blaster and brush off the dirt. "We should get in touch with the Captain and make sure he's alright."

Beren will also pick up the leaders weapon and hand it to MATE. "Here, Mate, this might be better than the clunker the Cap'n gave you."
Last edited January 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Jarek smiles at Beren's compliment, "I'm just glad it didn't come down to blasters. Truth is that I'm not a great shot," then he will follow Bas inside.
Jan 21, 2016 10:51 pm
Do the people with the ship not have comlinks? We can just call and have them keep an eye out.

"Clearly the rebels on this planet have been compromised. We will be best served by keeping our heads down and our cards to our chests." Morjak states, heading inside the Post and taking a careful look around for any useful supplies.
Jan 22, 2016 5:21 am
Ship people do have com links
M4-TE Receives a Blaster Pistol

As you guys reach inside you begin to notice the various systems that are being ran inside the cabin. Rain drips off your wet bodies and onto the wood beneath you. The humidity is just as bad in the cabin however which gives the air a humid woodlike taste to it.

You notice what appaears to be a comms station followed by what appears to be some sort of tracking software, plus a few other systems. A couple machines seem to have various parts taken from them. Whether or not they were stolen isunknown to you. There is a set of stairs that leads upstairs and a few rooms down on the ground floor for sleeping and dining.

You begin to notice the sounds on the comms console is Captain Kadoon trying to call for any Rebel forces in the area.
Jan 22, 2016 6:08 am
Beren is a capable hand with computers, and begins to perform some inspection of what's remaining -- curious if the men who have vacated have left behind any surprises for the return of the rightful owners. He leans over the consoles and fiddles to see what he can find.

"Hey Jarek or Doc -- do you want to check in with the Captain and make sure he knows what's up? I especially like that bit about laying way more low than we seem to be laying given what just happened."

Rolls

Computers check, if required (boost from inspiration)

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Mechanics dificulty 1

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Jan 22, 2016 2:35 pm
"If yall get a hold of him tell him about dem boysss comin down from the hollow. Also might want to change cyptollogy if anyone can hear him ain't gonna get any easier for usss. See what else is available and let me know if yall find a secret compartment or something locked out." Bad pipes up as he looks around the new environment of electronics to see what isn't working anymore and what it has possible parts to cannibalize and repurpose.

(OoC: Let me know if you want a perception or a mechanics roll to see what equipment is offline/can be shut down and stripped for parts before loaded into the backpack of donations.)
Last edited January 22, 2016 2:36 pm
Jan 22, 2016 4:06 pm
Jarek will approach the comms station, "Captain, can you hear me? This is Face Man. We're at the comm station, which was in control of an unsavory group. We managed to get them out of here without a fight, but they've already sent some people to take you as a bounty so keep your eyes open. Might want to consider a new secure channel for comms since they were listening in on our landing."
Last edited January 22, 2016 6:59 pm
Jan 22, 2016 6:58 pm
M4-T3 takes the blaster and inspects it. Finding it to be in much better condition he holsters the damages device and carries the better pistol. "I will patrol the perimeter and watch for anyone approaching, just in case there are stragglers."
Jan 23, 2016 6:38 pm
Bas give me an average mechanics check to scrounge through deactivated systems for parts

Beren begins taking a look at the system mainframe and diagnostic tools to see whats still online.

-------------SYSTEM MAINFRAME-------------
-------------COMMUNICATIONS: ONLINE----------
-------------SONAR DETECT: ONLINE--------------
-------------POWER CORES: DAMAGED, GENERATOR ON---------
-------------LOGS: CORRUPTED---------------
-------------TURRET: OFFLINE-----------------
-------------COMMUNICATIONS JAMMER: OFFLINE-------------

You do manage to run a recovery sequence and manage to recover a log. The date shows two months ago and appears to be about the situation of the listening post(2adv)

You begin reading it:

Things have been getting quiet around here, almost a little too quiet. These storms have definitely made our jobs harder the past few weeks but thats Uuopa for you. Xa'Ghul is trying to get our speeders up again. They took a few hits on our last scouting operation but I think we managed to elude them without leading them back here. Sonars not catching much either. Bravo base should be recalling us soon but we havent heard from them in a week too. Could we be getting our comms jammed? I'll probably take a look for a device like it soon once these storms let up. Until then its just a waiting game.

----------------

The captain takes a few seconds before replying on the communications device

"Alright thanks for letting me know. Did you guys find anything there at the post? Not being in rebel control is a very concerning thing. Ill keep an eye out for anyone but its been all clear over here besides this rain. Dont forget the medical supplies. Ive about used all I have left to keep him afloat. He wont make it to the base if we don't get anything for him"

As M4-T3 keeps an eye outside you dont notice much at the moment besides the rain coming down. Even with Thermal imaging it appears that nobody is really coming this way anytime soon.
Jan 23, 2016 6:52 pm
Bas's tongue clicks and he browses flea market picker style. Once done he comes back to see what's going on with the terminal,
"What y'all find out?" he asked genuinely curious, "Cap ok?"

Rolls

Mechanics Scrunge

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 23, 2016 6:57 pm
Jarek turns to Bas, "Yeah, captain is ok, they haven't seen any danger yet but they'll keep their eyes open," then turns back to the comms system, "We're still digging through everything here, then we'll be quick to get the med supplies. Don't worry, we'll get them in time."
Jan 23, 2016 7:09 pm
You begin taking what you can from the downed systems. You manage to get one unit of electrical components wire steel

You find a broken radio transmitter from the comms jammer, possibly a repair on it down the line will allow you to use it for some other purpose.

Bas receives one unit of Electrical Components, Steel and Wire as well as a Broken transmitter. No encumbrance
Jan 23, 2016 7:24 pm
"Pff."

Beren taps at the keyboard some more. "It looks like the logs are corrupted. I've managed to get a snippet from about 2 months ago. The soldiers here were concerned they were being jammed -- and hadn't heard from Bravo base in a week. I'm not sure it's safe to assume the base is still up and running. We may have bigger problems for the sergeant than short term medical supplies."

He taps some more, "That said, they do talk about having speeders -- so might be worth a look see to see if they are still around. The system reports the turret is offline and the communications jammer -- which I think is what you've just found all busted up there, Bas, is also offline."

Beren looks up, "Oh, and the power systems are offline -- we're on generator right now. Bas, think we can get that power system working? And maybe the defense turret? I'd feel safer if there were some automated defenses working before we left. That or I think we gotta shut this thing down hard so it can't be used against us."
Last edited January 23, 2016 7:26 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.