Episode 1: A New Home

load previous
Jan 17, 2016 5:35 pm
Bas lowers himself drawing his pistol and checks the ground that has been disturbed.

Rolls

Sniffing the ground and tasting the air... Average check? Cun 3

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Adding Blue Dice from earlier that you were rewarded

Jan 17, 2016 6:43 pm
As you lower yourself to the muddy grassy ground in the clearing you notice that these tracks seem to be washed away slightly. You touch the ground and feel the somewhat muddy substance give way. Whatever tracks there could have been have been washed away by the rainfall here. You cant tell if anyone has recently been here or if they were, the amount of people that came through.

Still your careful nature begins to rub off on the others. With five sets of eyes peeled you're sure to be ready at a moments notice for any situation.

The next skill check receives an extra blue dice from heightened awareness/inspired by Bas's thoroughness to check for tracks
Jan 17, 2016 7:30 pm
Would Knowledge about this planet be Outer Rim or Core?
Jan 17, 2016 7:45 pm
My apologies for not noting that earlier. It's an outer rim planet
Jan 17, 2016 8:01 pm
Jarek tries to remember anything he might know about this planet that they are on that could be helpful in their mission.

Following the lead and putting it at an Average task. Please correct me if it should be done another way.
Last edited January 17, 2016 8:03 pm

Rolls

Knowledge (Outer Rim)

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Jan 17, 2016 8:39 pm
You begin to recall some information about Uuopa. From your experience you remember that whilst being an outer rim planet that it has a fairly decent population and economic stature but that cities on the planet tend to be more densely packed and spaced out between the forests. So while the availability of goods has a good outlook on Uuopa, stock of items fluxes between settlements due to the difficulty of navigating through the forests, especially with imperial presence.

The culture is a melting pot from what you remember but some cities on the planet have a heavy human disposition due to the Imperial presence on the planet.

The calming affect from trying to remember one thing after another about Uuopa eases your mind from the horific sight of Sergeant Browns injuries you witnessed earlier. You recover one strain and your knowledge of the planet gives the next skill check made by any player a blue die.
Jan 17, 2016 10:52 pm
"Perhaps we would be best suited if we split our forces? Getting supplies from a city is trivial. The listening post may require a little more..Brute force. Mr. Albrek and I will be more than capable of finding everything we would need while the rest of you scavenge."
Jan 18, 2016 2:37 am
Beren shrugs, "That sounds okay by me -- but what if the city has a bunch of sympathizers for the Imperials. You'll need to keep a low profile..." He looks over at M4 and Bas. "What do you two think? I guess a group of five newcomers into a village isn't exactly low profile either..." He smacks his neck, imagining a bug alighting..
Jan 18, 2016 4:22 pm
"Splitting the team countermands several standard protocols. We can obfuscate our duties in town by staggering our arrivals and dividing our time within. Perhaps we should stick together and investigate the listening post, then split up to go to the town."
Last edited January 18, 2016 9:58 pm
Jan 18, 2016 4:24 pm
"I'm also not excited about splitting up, I think M4 has a good plan. Simply staggering our arrival should deflect notice."
Jan 18, 2016 4:49 pm
"Works for me." He points down the path, "Listening post, then? Maybe they'll have a speeder."
Jan 20, 2016 12:30 am
A small gust begins to pick up. You look up into the sky and see that dark clouds are beginning to accumulate a bit more densely in the horizon. A sticky feeling begins to reside on you from the humidity that results in a slight uncomfortable feeling that is shared among the group.
Jan 20, 2016 12:12 pm
"Maybe ssso maybe no on a ssspeeder if it works even... didn't think we'd need rain cloaks maybe up at the post they got sssome yall reckon?" Bas looks around working his jaw, an insect leg jutting out like a toothpick. He didn't expect an insect to pop out of the muddy grasp and sting him while he checked the tracks but it probably didn't expect to be eaten in retaliation. Bas slithered down the side of the pathway moving forward... he didn't see what was so bad about the hot muggy weather the others seemed to be annoyed by, it was what made the grass grow, "Yall think thisss kinda weatherz normal round these parts?"

Cus I could get use to this... probably have to work inside if it rained a lot though he thought to himself.
Last edited January 20, 2016 12:12 pm
Jan 20, 2016 1:25 pm
Bas if you could give me a difficulty three perception check as you slither down the path. The result of the roll will be in effect until you've reached the listening post
Jan 20, 2016 1:57 pm
Bas tries to slither his way to possible juicy free mechanical freebies.

Edit: D=
Last edited January 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Rolls

Perception Hard Check (Cun 3 Rank 0)

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure

Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm
"I certainly hope this weather isn't normal around here," Jarek says as he wipes some sweat off of his forehead, then can be heard muttering to himself, "Ugh, I don't think this is what mom and dad wanted for me when they paid for all those fancy tutors..."
Jan 20, 2016 4:37 pm
Bas can receive skilled assistance from someone with a rank in Perception(there's 3 of you who do). To do so please state which die of his you'll be replacing and roll a yellow die (1 yellow die per perception rank)
Jan 20, 2016 4:55 pm
Beren keeps his head on a swivel, looking to help out Bas with keeping an eye out for creatures and imps and stuff.

Rolls

Replacing second Green (1 adv) roll from Bas.

1 Success

Total: 1 Success

Jan 20, 2016 7:12 pm
Bas slithers along the side of the path, looking for mechanical trinkets but is only met with dense green forest and the soft mud based ground. The group following along behind him also keep an eye out for anything in particular but nothing seems to really jump out at them as good.

The forest eventually opens up a little bit and you are met by a wooden, almost cabin like building within the muggy forest. It just out decently high up for a cabin and there is a smaller little shack that probably holds the electrical systems for the cabin from the humming sound that eminates from it. The whole cabin itself however is still far under the tree line, with the leaves of the tree providing as some makeshift cover for the building. A couple of satellite dishes are placed strategically on the cabin but none are extremely big.

The Windows have light coming out from inside the building which suggests someone is or has been inside of the building, but at this time you do not notice anyone.

As you listen you can hear rain beginning to hit the leaves of the trees above you before falling to the ground a little bit later. While not a downpour exactly the rain consists of heavy droplets that periodically begin to hit you.
Jan 20, 2016 7:20 pm
Jarek sighs in relief, "Finally! Looks like it might still be in use too," then he thinks for a moment before turning a bit pale and continuing, "I really hope it's in use by our people or this could get very bad..."
Last edited January 20, 2016 7:21 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.