Episode 1: A New Home

load previous
Jan 20, 2016 7:24 pm
Bas looks at the rest of the group and points at his eyes with two fingers on his free hand crouching balls it into a fist and flicks two fingers at the building, "Yall want me to ssscout and check it out by the window?" he states his tail flicking back and forth a bit. Once he got the go ahead people were ready he'd scurry over as quietly as possible. The sudden start of drizzle would help and hurt probably but at least it was nice out.

(OoC: Let me know if you want a Stealth Check)
Last edited January 20, 2016 7:26 pm
Jan 20, 2016 7:26 pm
The droid activates the thermal imaging upgrades in his optics and observes the cabin, looking for anyone inside. "Just a moment Bas. I may be able to provide the desired intel.
Last edited January 20, 2016 7:27 pm
Jan 20, 2016 7:28 pm
Beren crouches down and draws his pistol, making sure it's at the ready. "I have a bad feeling about this."
Last edited January 20, 2016 7:29 pm
Jan 20, 2016 7:30 pm
Seeing Beren draw his weapon Jarek does the same and crouches down.
Jan 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Just as you begin to turn on your thermal imaging the door of the cabin opens up and a man comes out. He dons a blue shirt and a black vest both of which look a little bit messy and unkept. He approaches you with a smile emanating from his gray bearded face.

"Why hello comrades! Ah I do say your arrival is a bit sudden and unexpected, we were picking up radio signals from you only awhile back" he chuckles as he walks forward to the group to shake their hands.

"Say, which one of you is Captain Kadoon?" he asks as he looks at you guys
Jan 20, 2016 11:23 pm
Jarek shakes the man's hand, "Captain Kadoon is still on the Lamda, overseeing operations there. I'm Jarek, and you are?" He will wait for a response before continuing, "The Captain said we may be able to find something of use here."
Last edited January 20, 2016 11:23 pm
Jan 21, 2016 12:21 am
Upon hearing that the Captain was not with you the man looks a little disappointed.

"So if the Captain isn't here who are you guys? I havent seen your faces before. How am I to know you're not a lowly outer rim thug trying to steal?" he says as he takes a cautious step back and places his hand towards his side.
Jan 21, 2016 12:35 am
Beren carefully lays down his blaster onto the ground and stands up with his hands out. "The captain was wounded and isn't in any shape to run around looking for listening posts that look like they were built by gundarks." He shrugs, "Which is why we have that job."
Jan 21, 2016 1:51 am
"Meh, Grunts" grunts the husky man. He takes a moment to wipe the sweat from his forehead before resting it to his side again.

"So is the Captain just by himself?" asks the man.

"If you need to check stuff out you guys can follow me inside. The comms have been acting up a bit but we were hearing Captain Kadoon's calls. You should be careful. You never know whose listening in around here"
Jan 21, 2016 1:59 am
"We could assk the same of you... How do you know our Captain by name? One does not state one's sself over relay by name but call ssign? Are you and old associate or comrade? Or are you a would be scavenger?". Bas countered, "I can understand being careful, but I also understand being Cunnin'. Ssso no offense but stop moving bout or your gonna make me and this blaster right nervous... Sssir." Bas would state... He needed time to figure out how this guy knew they were there and if that was dangerous. If he was wrong he'd apologise.
Jan 21, 2016 2:05 am
Jarek tightens his grip on his blaster as Bas confronts the man. It seems odd that the man is trying to confirm that the captain is alone.
Jan 21, 2016 2:45 am
"I reckon that's none of your business Snakeboy" pestered the man.

"Lets just say he's well known by a couple associates of mine. Associates that pay well for people like him. Now you would be wise to be like pretty boy over there and put your blaster on the ground" says the man who points to Beren. As he says this two men, one on each side of the group appear with blaster pistols drawn.

"Empire pays well when we haul in Rebels such as yourselves. Heck, we bring that captain of yours in and I might even be able to retire" says the man as he smiles. "Now go on, drop them so nobody dies on a crappy rainy day like this"

You may try to negotiate/talk it out or you may roll Cool to initiate battle. Whichever is done first will decide what the group does.
Jan 21, 2016 3:32 am
Oh boy, time to try Coercion!

Morjak regards the men before him with a steely gaze perfected by many nearly identical encounters as this, and barks in a commanding voice, "I suggest you rethink your position for a moment. The average human reaction speed is approximately one quarter of a second. The average total target acquisition and execution time for an IG-series assassin droid is .05 seconds faster than that. A trained soldier, approximately .03 seconds faster. As I've been speaking, my companions have had ample time to prepare. You died the second you decided not to simply open fire on us. Now, as you said--drop your weapons so nobody dies on a day like this.

Rolls

Coercion (oh boy here we go)

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure

Total: 2 Failure, 2 Advantage

Jan 21, 2016 4:08 am
Coercion is a competitive check most of the times, mostly against the enemies discipline so luckily those purple dice wont count

Rolling Discipline for the Man:

1 Threat Total

Rolls

Man Discipline, Multiple Allies

Jan 21, 2016 4:17 am
The man nervously looks at Morjak a little, his confidence clearly shaken, before regaining a little bit of his lost composure by the threat.

"Just who do you think you are trying to threaten me? Even if you do manage to kill me my boys will bring back the Captain and if they see me dead they gonna do the same to him as you did me."

He begins to pace a little through the tense moment. Every footstep seeming like an eternity.
Jan 21, 2016 6:03 am
Jarek looks around, fearing the worst is about to happen, "Hey, hey now. No need to get twitchy here.why don't we all just calm down and talk about this? No one needs to get hurt here today."
Last edited January 21, 2016 6:04 am

Rolls

Negotiation

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Triumph

Received a blue for the coercion roll advantage

Jan 21, 2016 11:05 am
rolling the mans cool

Rolls

Cool (cool rank 1, multiple allies, taken off guard by coercion)

Jan 21, 2016 12:56 pm
Well I think it's a nice rainy day... it feels good. Bas thought as he scowled at being called a boy the tip of his tail flickering.

He swayed slightly at the talk of specs on M4-T3 as they were stated and wiped his mouth. The conversation after that was hard to focus on and he felt vastly out of place now since he didn't know what was going on.

Blinking several times with his free hand he counts out something but he whispers to the rest, unfortunately since everyone was somewhat not right next to each other he felt slightly embarrassed by the time he was done, "Hey don't we have more guns pointed at them? Even with us putting one down we still got more guns on them? That's good right?"

I know he said it's none of our business but I think it kind of is isn't it? Was that a trick? And as long as we don't kill him maybe we can trade him in the unlikely event his guys actually figure out where the Captain is... Man... we should have brought a field manual... I have no idea how to do an interrogation.... Bas thought to himself as the slightly warm muggy weather and rain pelted him... He didn't understand why humans didn't like this kind of weather but for now he kept his blaster pointed at the people with guns out.
Jan 21, 2016 1:19 pm
"Boss maybe we should just let them go" proclaimed the henchman on the left.

With rain hitting the man hard he begins to soften his tone.

"you know before you rebels began showing up on this planet it was a nice place. said the man with great intent. He listens to what Bas has to say before quickly retorting.

"what makes you so sure of that? You've been showing up on our sensors for awhile. Surely you wouldn't think I'd walk out here confronting the five of you with only two of my own guys if I didn't have more of them waiting.

He then looks at Jared

"You're right though nobody should have to die today. I'll let you turn around and leave without harm. There's nothing here for you now. My boys have had this post since the rebels abandoned it awhile back"
Jan 21, 2016 1:42 pm
"Yeah thiss place is nice... I like the weather. But we ain't hear to hurt the people and the planet yall we're here to help." Bas admitted before getting a little defensive. He scratched the side of his face confused.

-_-

"But you ssaid they wasss out yonder gettin our Captain..." Bas began getting more confused on if there were guys on him or out getting his Captain.

"And if it'ss a rebel post don't dat mean yall iss tresspasssin'? Yall ain't ssitting round a busssted listenin' post sssquatin are ya? Ya did say it wasn't acting right... Yall at least know why they abandoned it? If it's toxic or irradiated we really don't want to go in there... yall shouldn't either if it ain't ssafe though... " Bas countered his head rigs drooping slightly wondering if the man was trying to purposely confuse Bas...

Looking at the others he shrugged not knowing what they should do.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.