Chat Room OOC

Jan 1, 2020 7:57 pm

Chat Room

This is the thread for all sorts of out-of-character (OOC) chatter.
Jan 1, 2020 9:02 pm
Hiya everybody! (Hi Ravenlock, this is brighteyes). I'm split between the ace and the adept. If you think we will be spending a decent amt of time in vehicles I'll roll ace but I'll choose adept if thats not the case. Let me know.
Last edited January 1, 2020 9:02 pm
Jan 1, 2020 9:43 pm
The first adventure is pretty short - maybe just a couple of hours' gaming on tabletop - and it does have some flying in it. And since the story has the potential to lead the characters to the Resistance, I expect it'd involve flying later on as well.

But I'd say go with the character that really interests you. I can always add a pilot hireling/NPC if there's no character covering that role, much like Joker to Commander Shepard. ^_^
Jan 1, 2020 9:44 pm
Hey people~
Eskaton says:
Hiya everybody! (Hi Ravenlock, this is brighteyes). I'm split between the ace and the adept. If you think we will be spending a decent amt of time in vehicles I'll roll ace but I'll choose adept if thats not the case. Let me know.
I already chose the Bounty Hunter, which means I do have a shuttle for transport, if you don't go for the Ace. That said you could of course still chose the Ace if you want to, the Bounty Hunter is not really defined by his ship after all.
Jan 1, 2020 11:50 pm
Hey there, I'm going with the medic. I've uploaded a WIP character sheet that I'll try to finish up tomorrow.
Dumb question, but for the stats, what does Deep mean? The others are pretty self explanatory for me but I'm not sure about that one.
And where do I find the Special Playbook Move? I don't see it anywhere.
Jan 2, 2020 12:25 am
Deep would be used for trusting in your feelings, for drawing on your training, force users use it to use the force, and stuff like that.
It seems to be mainly tied to the force. Also the Bounty Hunter can use their Guild's data bank through their deep skill.

If I ilunderstood correctly the special playbook move would be something like the Force for Adepts, or an officer's ship and crew.
I'd put the medic's med-kit in the same category.
Jan 2, 2020 12:43 am
Hm, the Scoundrel had a space transport on its gear list too. Depending on how we meet/have met is there any chance we can coordinate on ships? IE: We could have a Cowboy Bebop situation and we have one main ship that's like a pocket carrier.
Last edited January 2, 2020 12:44 am
Jan 2, 2020 3:22 am
Hey, can you unlock the character creation thread so I can quote the template you want to use?
Jan 2, 2020 4:14 am
Cep100 says:
Hey, can you unlock the character creation thread so I can quote the template you want to use?
In the spoiler at the bottom of the template is the code for that same template. Just change the curly brackets { } into square brackets [ ].
Jan 2, 2020 4:24 am
bowlofspinach says:
Dumb question, but for the stats, what does Deep mean? The others are pretty self explanatory for me but I'm not sure about that one.
And where do I find the Special Playbook Move? I don't see it anywhere.
Canny is about cunning and smarts.
Cool is about doing something cool and keeping your cool.
Deep is about being deep and drawing from wisdom and experience.
Rugged is about being aggressive and tough.
Suave is about being smooth and charming.

The special playbook moves sit under the portrait image of the playbook. For example, Med-Kit is the Medic's special move.
Jan 2, 2020 4:30 am
Cep100 says:
Hm, the Scoundrel had a space transport on its gear list too. Depending on how we meet/have met is there any chance we can coordinate on ships? IE: We could have a Cowboy Bebop situation and we have one main ship that's like a pocket carrier.
I won't dictate what the party should do, but yes, this is an option I'll allow should you all agree to it. Some other ideas I can think of:

● A smaller ship inside a bigger ship. Maybe you have a speeder bike inside the shuttle.
● A backup ship. Maybe you use one PC's ship at a time. In case it gets blown up, you have another one back home.
● You go in teams. You take out your own ships on missions, and can perform aerial maneuvers together.
Jan 2, 2020 4:40 am
Hey, guys! I'm thinking of playing the Gearhead and stowing my Workspace in the party's main ship, if that's okay. I'm hoping s/he can later be a Jedi (Sentinel), much like Rey. ;)

If anybody's playing the Scoundrel, the party might then be a team and have Hunting Bounties as a Gig. :D
Jan 2, 2020 11:57 am
Looks like we've got one ship, and that's mine.
The playbook gives me a shuttle, so I looked them up and chose a modified Lambda T-4a, since those would be fairly easy to come by after the fall of the empire and still have a Hyper Drive and weapons.
It could probably fit a Workspace, too, so I think it's a solid choice. I'm still open to opinions/better ideas though.

(also there are a lot of other ships I like that aren't shuttles, but I am bound to that class for now)
Last edited January 2, 2020 11:58 am
Jan 2, 2020 12:09 pm
Don't sweat it too much. With the Gearhead on board, the Promise will soon have a Starkiller Cannon on its underbelly. :D
Jan 2, 2020 12:36 pm
Well, looks like the party's complete now. I think we have two ships, and my Kara's part of Ian's crew. But then again, we all might be a single crew. ;)

Maybe we can share bonds now and build our joined stories together. These are my ideas for Kara the Gearhead's bonds. Let me know if you think they wouldn't fit. :)

● I’m working on an important piece of tech for Dri'Kent.
Ian Maxwell seems to understand me where few others do.
● When I’m in trouble, I usually turn to Ian Maxwell for help.
● I may have a small crush on Isaac Galohen.
Isaac Galohen doesn’t know a hydro-spanner from a helicoil.
● I’ve sliced the personal files of Arani Mesoth and found something dangerous there.
Jan 2, 2020 1:25 pm
Well, I kind of just picked the ones I liked for everyone. If anyone wants a different one, let me know. Also I took a Muurian transport for my Scoundrel's ship. I've always liked them ever since playing Tie Fighter so I figured I'd pick one up now.
Last edited January 2, 2020 1:28 pm
Jan 2, 2020 1:49 pm
The_Grey_Wulf says:
Well, looks like the party's complete now. I think we have two ships, and my Kara's part of Ian's crew. But then again, we all might be a single crew. ;)
I think being a single crew crewing two ships would be best for maneuvers and things like that. Plus it gives the characters more space for private stuff.
The_Grey_Wulf says:
Maybe we can share bonds now and build our joined stories together. These are my ideas for Kara the Gearhead's bonds. Let me know if you think they wouldn't fit. :)

● I’m working on an important piece of tech for Dri'Kent.
Ian Maxwell seems to understand me where few others do.
● When I’m in trouble, I usually turn to Ian Maxwell for help.
● I may have a small crush on Isaac Galohen.
Isaac Galohen doesn’t know a hydro-spanner from a helicoil.
● I’ve sliced the personal files of Arani Mesoth and found something dangerous there.
I always love new tech for my arsenal. Can I commission?
Cep100 says:
Well, I kind of just picked the ones I liked for everyone. If anyone wants a different one, let me know. Also I took a Muurian transport for my Scoundrel's ship. I've always liked them ever since playing Tie Fighter so I figured I'd pick one up now.
If you rely on me for steady income, which I like, I'd suggest picking Hunting Bounty as a gig.
Also the Muurian transport is a beauty~

My possible Bonds are the following:
● I’ve hunted _______________ in the past but they slipped through my fingers. (Ian Maxwell?)
● _______________ is well regarded by the Guild. (Kara Syldoren/Arani Mesoth?)
● I want to get to know _______________ better but I am always nervous around them. (Kara Syldoren/Arani Mesoth?)
● I don’t like _______________ one bit; they just get on my nerves. (Ian Maxwell?)
● _______________ scares me. Few others do. (Isaac/Zisl Galohen?)
● _______________ knows their way around a firefight and I feel I can depend on them when things get dangerous. (Arani Mesoth/Ian Maxwell?)

I've put the people I think fit the bonds most in brackets behind them. Any wishes?
Last edited January 2, 2020 1:50 pm
Jan 2, 2020 2:20 pm
Caesar says:

● _______________ is well regarded by the Guild. (Kara Syldoren/Arani Mesoth?)
● I want to get to know _______________ better but I am always nervous around them. (Kara Syldoren/Arani Mesoth?)
I'm okay with Kara on both. Maybe she's been approached by the guild on several occasions for repairs and whatnot, maybe that's how Drikent heard of her in the first place. ;)

And you can decide what device Drikent is commissioning Kara to make.
Jan 2, 2020 5:44 pm
I thought of Ian taking bounty hunting and it's something he might do occasionally, but he's more of a "principled thief". A professional criminal. Like a violent Robin Hood.

As to the "two ships one crew" thing I did have an idea. In the X-wing series of games (and the x-wing novels later based on them) it was accepted cannon that if two ships were docked with each other and one entered hyperspace the other would be pulled in without straining the hull (it was how disabled ships would be captured/rescued). We could slap the two ships together for hyperspace jumps and then separate them when they hit real-space if they needed to make planetfall.
Jan 2, 2020 6:32 pm
● I sometimes get the feeling (Ian Maxwell) doesn’t take me seriously.
● I just can’t help it, (Galohen) is usually the butt of my jokes.
(Kara Syldoren) has a rare disease or condition that only I know about.
● I’m in love with (Dri'Kent) but don’t know what to do about it.

For my bond suggestions, this is what I thought of. Let me know what you think about these.
I like this combined ship idea. It's pretty cool.

Caesar, what do you think about us having arrived on Jakku together? We could have been working the bounty together and if we all already know each other, it would make sense for at least some of us to be here for a shared reason.
load next

Thread locked