DnD 5e Game Looking for 1 more Active Player

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 2, 2020 6:20 pm
This game is currently made of of 3 active players that wanted to play together with a 4th active player added I am looking to add one one player to the mix to help round out the party. We are using PHB and SCAG and have the following class types, Paladin, Sorcerer(Dragonic), Druid, and Bladesinger when expressing your interest please let me know what class type you are considering playing so I can gauge whether it fits my criterion for rounding out the party within the current setting.

Also this campaign style game will be based in a version of the Forgotten Realms -- which is to say I use the Forgotten Realms as a remote back drop allowing players to reference things from within the Forgotten Realms shortly after the Time of Trouble but before all that other weird stuff that occurred occurs. However the game itself will not actually be within the Forgotten Realms as published.

Oh and also some House Rules are being used to make normal Survival within the wild to be an element of the game as well as a few other minor tweaks. But these will all be posted within a reference thread for easy perusal -- and the character will be starting at 5th level

Name of the Game : And So It Begins
Last edited January 3, 2020 5:04 pm
Jan 2, 2020 6:47 pm
What is the name of the game?
Jan 2, 2020 7:42 pm
I updated the name of the game although I do not think it is an open game (aka public game) then again maybe it is -- I am not sure how to set that setting or what I set it to when I created or both

Oh and btw hi Gene ;-)
Last edited January 2, 2020 9:12 pm
Jan 2, 2020 9:54 pm
DeJoker says:
I do not think it is an open game (aka public game) then again maybe it is -- I am not sure how to set that setting or what I set it to when I created or both
You can see it on the Game Details page (the one I linked above), under "Game Forums Are" - it's private right now. :D
If you want to change it, there's an Edit button next to the orange Game Details header, where you can edit the game settings. Or you can use a link directly next to "Private" setting on the Game Details page, "[Make game Public]".
Last edited January 2, 2020 9:54 pm
Jan 2, 2020 10:09 pm
Okay it has been made public
Jan 2, 2020 10:32 pm
If you want people to be able to see the game forums, you'll have to post a link to them here. Only actual players can see the link to the forums on the game's page.
Jan 3, 2020 12:43 am
FlyingSucculent has already posted a link but okay I posted a more direct one
Last edited January 3, 2020 12:45 am
Jan 3, 2020 12:47 am
Yes, but she linked to the Game Details page. What I meant was that only players of the game can follow the link from the Game Details to the forum. If you want non-players to be able to see the forums you have to post a link to them directly.
Jan 3, 2020 9:32 am
Its looks like a game for me. I have applied :)
Did a quick snoop-around on the forum
Jan 3, 2020 4:14 pm
@runekyndig please answer my question
MyFirstMessage says:
when expressing your interest please let me know what class type you are considering playing so I can gauge whether it fits my criterion for rounding out the party within the current setting
If you do not care what you play then I can give you a few options that I feel might be viable but considering the actual list for that is rather long I would rather get an idea of what would like to play based on the characters already outlined.
Last edited January 3, 2020 5:05 pm
Jan 3, 2020 4:19 pm
What is currently playing? or rather what would be needed? Races and genders? Looking to filling a bit.
Jan 3, 2020 5:05 pm
MyFirstMessage says:
I am looking to add one one player to the mix to help round out the party. We are using PHB and SCAG and have the following class types, Paladin, Sorcerer(Dragonic), Druid, and Bladesinger when expressing your interest please let me know what class type you are considering playing so I can gauge whether it fits my criterion for rounding out the party within the current setting.
Races are not that important to me but we have a Dwarf, 2 Human(Variants), and a Tiefling -- just be a Hero Type (LG, NG, CG, or LN) and anything else should be fine

Gender this is even less important play whatever gender you feel like
Last edited January 3, 2020 5:09 pm
Jan 3, 2020 5:09 pm
DeJoker says:
@runekyndig please answer my question
DeJoker says:
when expressing your interest please let me know what class type you are considering playing so I can gauge whether it fits my criterion for rounding out the party within the current setting
If you do not care what you play then I can give you a few options that I feel might be viable but considering the actual list for that is rather long I would rather get an idea of what would like to play based on the characters already outlined.
Artificer, gnome, if the class is allowed. A bard or a warlock would be my second choice. For those halfelf or plane human

Edit: always playing hero type :)
Last edited January 3, 2020 5:10 pm
Jan 3, 2020 5:24 pm
Go for it Runekyndig. Perhaps another time I will if the situation comes.
Jan 3, 2020 6:35 pm
@runekyndig while I really like the Gnome/Artificer concept because I can see it as a very interesting twist to the Rogue which the party does not have -- that class as it stands is (1) designed for Eberron not the Forgotten Realms (2) to me is (or at least should be) Arcane in nature but uses Healing spells which would break a paradigm in my game -- so while I would not say no to it I would have to investigate it more deeply and tweak it to make it fit (which I would be willing to do) -- but this would probably mean only the Alchemist path would be open to you. On the second choice side of things I could see a Bard as an addition but the Warlock is kind of already covered.

Well @GeneCortess depending on what you wanted to run I might make room for one more player assuming runkyndig slips in with something we are both comfortable with
Last edited January 3, 2020 6:53 pm
Jan 3, 2020 10:54 pm
I'll make a bard that can tickle a lock, be seen and unseen
Jan 4, 2020 12:15 am
Okay sounds like a plan

@GeneCortess did you get my PM ??
Jan 4, 2020 1:06 am
I would love to play a Barbarian or Fighter. :)
Jan 4, 2020 1:29 am
Alright I will give a whirl -- I hope you plan to stick around because I do
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.