Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (Mini Setting)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 3, 2020 10:17 pm
Hello everyone,
I've mentioned this on the Discord group, but I'm considering running a Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) game here. I have two goals:
1. To break the ice with this community and learn the PbP system of this site.
2. To mutually play through a lightly customized adventure from Pinnacle to explore and learn the SWADE system.

The mini-setting I'm considering is entitled "Tesla Rangers." Think late 1800s and Cowboys and Robots. :)

If you have a copy of SWADE or an older edition of Savage Worlds then this could work.

Let me know if you're interested!
Jan 3, 2020 10:18 pm
Like I mentioned on the Discord, I'm interested :)
Jan 4, 2020 4:33 pm
Interested too. Learning SW in another campaign at the moment, liking the system for action adventure style games.
Jan 4, 2020 5:30 pm
Yes. It's great. I'm currently attempting to give D&D 5e a go and it's a lot coming back from SW (...and GURPS) to the 5e realm! But, I will see what I can put together. PbP is a new avenue for me.
Jan 4, 2020 5:45 pm
I've been lurking in this thread. I'm in a bazillion games and while I post regularly, I don't like to take spots from people in less games. That being said, if you need another player, I love SWADE.
Jan 4, 2020 6:28 pm
Awesome. I'm going to try and put something together and get one going. It's going to be a learning experience for me, but could lead to some fun times.
Jan 4, 2020 6:28 pm
also - I've got tons of SW materials.
Jan 4, 2020 6:36 pm
I have gotten Savage Worlds and rather like it too.
In Qralloq's Savage Rifts game.
Jan 4, 2020 8:26 pm
I run a game a SWADE irl, and really enjoy the system. I wouldn't mind being a player for once, if you have room for another...
Jan 5, 2020 1:37 am
Cosmic_Cube says:
I have gotten Savage Worlds and rather like it too.
In Qralloq's Savage Rifts game.
Is he running the Deluxe version? I saw they updated it to SWADE just recently. What a great setting. Never played in it. Would love to.
Jan 5, 2020 1:38 am
funfungiguy says:
I run a game a SWADE irl, and really enjoy the system. I wouldn't mind being a player for once if you have room for another...
Hi. Totally! I would love to have a handful of us. Again, I'm thinking of doing a "one-shot" mini-setting just to feel things out. I'm most concerned with formatting in-play and the like so that it all makes sense. I'm new to PbP.
Jan 5, 2020 1:41 am
Oh were going with SWADE since they updated things.
It's pretty fun just started our characters are on our first mission
Jan 5, 2020 2:04 am
Amazing. Enjoy! I'd love to play in the future with you all if you have an opening.
Jan 5, 2020 2:10 am
Well our GM bopped on these posts, so I am sure he will see that.
I was surprised we got so many people to play. I had been looking to play Savage Rifts for a while now.
Savage Worlds has a lot of Fans and Rifts has fans but hard to find people who want to run/play Savage Rifts
Jan 5, 2020 2:24 am
I was late to reading rifts... Just recently actually. An epic setting certainly that could go on for ages. I've heard that folks prefer to SW version.
Jan 5, 2020 2:32 am
Well Palladiums version is flawed and riddled with a mess of unedited copy n paste work. Sometimes its so bad somethings change within the same sentence, let alone the same paragraph. When you grow up learning the Palladium system with all it's flaws and dealing with them. You learn to embrace that ugly mess.

Though I like the Savage Worlds version too, it's different but it is still pretty damn good the setting is presented well.
Jan 5, 2020 2:42 am
We're just entering the first combat, where the rubber hits the road. The setting is so gonzo and outrageous that it's hard to foresee how it will unravel. Six great players make it a GMs dream game so far.
Jan 5, 2020 2:58 am
Awesome! :) Right. Great, patient players are the best... especially those that forgive a rusty player and GM like me!
Jan 5, 2020 3:31 am
Got room for one more? I'm an old hand with SW, and I do have SWADE (bought into the Kickstarter).
Jan 5, 2020 5:05 am
If you mean in my game? Sure! Let me know if you can't find it or whatnot. I'm still "Green" to BP and this whole platform.
Last edited January 5, 2020 5:05 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.