OOC Thread

load previous
Jan 8, 2020 11:15 pm
Cosmic_Cube says:
Gnome Druid and more a dexterous close in fighter then spell attacks.
So flameblade and shield? Or two weapon fighting?? some type of punching daggers/claws weapons
Jan 8, 2020 11:17 pm
Scimitar and shield or Shilleleigh and shield for now
Cep100 says:
I was going to go Gloomstalker, actually. I plan to make more of a bruiser thief than a woodsman
Nice so another to join the front lines with all the clerics watching their backs.
Later things might change
Jan 8, 2020 11:35 pm
Are using starting equipment or rolling for $?

My preference would be to just use starting EQ.

Brother Gregor will be a Human Variant (warcaster) priest of Pelor.
Jan 8, 2020 11:37 pm
I assumed that most people used starting equipment, but if you want to roll, feel free to do so on the character thread.
Jan 9, 2020 3:32 am
I had an old book with a cool keep area map. Can't find it though to scan in, will try and google it.
Jan 9, 2020 9:04 am
CrossFire01 says:
Group so far:
Elf Fighter/Wizard Bladesinger? - front line or bowman??
He'll be dex focused, and will start off as an archer, rather than a front-liner. Definitely not a spokesperson for the party. At level 2, he'll take a level of fighter, which may allow him to wear some more armor and perhaps take a finesse melee weapon;, which would allow him to wade into melee. Not that he'd volunteer! :-P

I thought bladesingers were a FR/Volo's guide/SwordCoast thing so I presumed they'd not be available in the campaign. If I'm mistaken, that might be an interesting option. Otherwise he'll be a 'standard' wizard/fighter
Jan 9, 2020 9:08 am
matmaisan says:
I thought bladesingers were a FR/Volo's guide/SwordCoast thing
Yep. It's in SCAG. ^_^
Jan 9, 2020 9:50 am
yep it is SCAG and a neat option if you go fIghter(arcane archer)/wizard(blade singer) as some seriously crazy options
Jan 9, 2020 9:53 am
@WhtKnt: A couple of story-related questions...

● How are the PCs related at the start of the game? Do we know each other? Or are we all strangers to each other who just happened to arrive at the same time?

● Why are we going to this Keep? Is there an in-game hook pulling us there (e.g. a job posting, a call for help, rumors of something), or should we develop our own reasons for being there?
Jan 9, 2020 9:56 am
I think a band of odd mercenaries may make for an easy start. We can form ourselves into a true Company after a few adventures together.
Jan 9, 2020 12:36 pm
Peachyco says:
@WhtKnt: A couple of story-related questions...

● How are the PCs related at the start of the game? Do we know each other? Or are we all strangers to each other who just happened to arrive at the same time?

● Why are we going to this Keep? Is there an in-game hook pulling us there (e.g. a job posting, a call for help, rumors of something), or should we develop our own reasons for being there?
As far as Caelymbor the elven wizard/warrior is concerned, I have background reasons for having him reach the KotB on his own or, in any case, not as a member of a pre-established travelling group/company. He was a part of a larger band that was tragically scattered. He could have joined other travelers a day or so from the Keep, but that would be a mere coincidence.

As to his motives to go to the Keep and to seek adventure in the borderlands, its partly a question of chance (the keep was the closest establishment when tragedy struck his original group) and partly a desire to find something to do (he no longer has another mission/job).

Of course this all depends on whether the DM accepts Caelymbor's background and initial circumstances.
Last edited January 9, 2020 12:37 pm
Jan 9, 2020 1:14 pm
I’m fine with Brother Gregor traveling with others in the party. Since the Keep is on the Borderlands , Gregor has been called there to "bring the light of civilization to the darkness of the wilderness."

Priests of Pelor often spend their youth on ministry spreading the good word of Pelor. If he fell in with a group of adventurers for mutual protection on his way to the Borderlands, that makes sense to me!
Jan 9, 2020 1:16 pm
It's a nice place to build a druid circle being at civilizations edge.
Jan 9, 2020 1:33 pm
I specifically built in a backstory reason for my character to be traveling so realistically He could have either come there alone or met the group along the way or whatever you guys prefer.
Jan 9, 2020 1:52 pm
Here's a summary of my Hexblade. ^_^

https://i.imgur.com/vBJWnG1.png
Stefan Lorenz, Half-Elf Hexblade
[ +- ] Quick Sheet
[ +- ] Appearance
[ +- ] Backstory
Jan 9, 2020 5:21 pm
I'm fine if the PCs want to be an established company or if they are each there for their own reasons. As to why you might have come; the area is a wilderness and untamed, which offers opportunity for adventure. It is also possible that you are merely traveling through and the Keep is but a civilized stopover. You may have come with a caravan, or you might have simply banded together for mutual protection on the road. Ultimately, the reasoning is up to you.
Jan 9, 2020 5:24 pm
I would like my character to be there for his own reasons. Laying low after a stint of highway robbery.
Jan 9, 2020 6:51 pm
I kept Brother Gregor as a Cleric of Pelor but switched to Life Domain.

I’m fine with him starting with anyone who wants to have been journeying with him.

Wouldn’t it be a lot easier start for everyone to have been in same caravan or something? I don’t want to have to spend 3 weeks IRL going around and gathering all the edgelord loner types. I mean either you’re in or not! Can I get an amen?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.