OOC Thread

load previous
Mar 11, 2020 2:04 am
Dankel, it's your choice, but take one or the other, not both. Also, you are being introduced in-game.
Mar 11, 2020 6:35 am
I will stick with this one
Apr 5, 2020 12:20 pm
FYI guys, I made Brother Gregor a public character so the party can see what he has. I understand not everyone likes to do this but I my opinion, it helps when the whole party knows what each character is capable of, especially in a PBP format.
Apr 18, 2020 4:12 am
Greetings yall. Ill be jumping in at some point. Wanted to introduce myself. Real name is Garett. I am a former US Army Iraq and Kosovo veteran. I live in Colorado and have a wife and 5yo son. I work as the Director of Veterans For Peace. If you want to laugh at bad jokes follow me on twitter @Paladin_dad Excited to play some games through this 'physical distancing'. Hope you all are safe and loved ones are well. See you in the dungeon.
Apr 18, 2020 6:26 am
Hi everyone! I'm also going to be jumping in to the adventure. My wife & I are originally east coasters who now call Washington state home. I grew up playing AD&D but hadn't played for years until 5e. With all our lives being turned upside down, it seemed like a good time to give PbP a try.

So party-wise, we have a gnome druid, high elf wizard, human cleric, and human (martial type), is that correct? Thinking we need something ranger-y or roguish. I'm open to different character builds; whatever rounds out the party best. Thoughts?
Apr 18, 2020 8:21 am
Welcome to the new players! Cormac is a barbarian - I have made his character sheet public - I think, let me know if it is not accessible.
Apr 18, 2020 1:04 pm
Welcome to the two of you. Caelymbor is a D&D elf, meaning I’m going to multi class him to fighter as soon as possible...

As to me, I’m a Brazilian-Belgian lawyer living in Brussels with wife and young daughter. Haven’t played IRL for a long while, though I began back in 1982 with an expedition to this very same keep...
Apr 19, 2020 1:31 am
I might do a remake on my character. I made a highelf fighter planning to go wizard multi and eldritch knight. I think yall have that covered. Seems like basically Matmaison's character and I want to let that be.
Apr 19, 2020 2:22 am
Welcome!
Apr 20, 2020 2:26 pm
Hey DM, any chance of a map or rough drawing of the layout so far?
Apr 20, 2020 6:34 pm
Yes, give me a little bit and I'll put something up.
Apr 21, 2020 11:34 pm
The map can be found here. The red pluses indicate where the corridor continues but was outside your range of vision.
Apr 24, 2020 8:38 pm
I hope I haven't killed the game with Caelymbor's threats...
Apr 24, 2020 9:06 pm
I am sure you have not - just waiting to see what the Dwarf and the Drow have to say!
Apr 25, 2020 1:54 am
not at all! i'm waiting to give metagate a chance to post. didn't wanna hog the intro spotlight!

tybalt sent a note to WhtKnt
Last edited April 25, 2020 2:16 am
May 3, 2020 3:34 pm
I haven't been turned off at all. I think it is interesting. I would like to see how these relationships develop while still progressing the plot of the game and advancing through the adventure.

Hari is a revolutionary and activist in underdark. He feel into a group organizing male drow equality and freedom for slaves in the drow city. He was chased out and lived a life of a hermit until awakening to the idea to come to the surface world and seek power and allies to help him.

Hari hates Loth and drow society. He actually thinks Caelymbor is very wise, Hari certainly would not have trusted his own kind so quickly and thinks it is sensible to be cautious and suspecting. But, the kindess of the group is touching to him and he will forgive foolishness if it is replaced by good will.

Hari is not the type to assume trust and will not press Caelymbor to try to gain his favor. Only actions and time can build trust. He also is knowledgeable about religions and arcana. He knows elvish history and it is hard to change how we were culturally brought up. He also can assume Caelymbor and his loved ones might have been harmed by Drow. That is trauma that will not be repaired by a first impressions.

So Hari will follow the groups lead and try to be helpful
May 4, 2020 3:34 pm
Interesting character concept, MetaGamegate. And welcome!

Could you describe your character IC when you next post? Caelymbor would be measuring up your character, to try to assess what it is he does/is good at. Your friend is a dwarf with an oversized bow, his speciality kind of self-evident. But what of your drow?
May 5, 2020 4:27 pm
Will do
May 15, 2020 4:08 pm
Sorry guys,

This campaign is moving a little too slow for me. I'll be leaving the campaign.

Have fun!
May 15, 2020 7:29 pm
Sorry to see you go, but I understand. Enjoy!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.