Character Thread

load previous
Apr 27, 2021 2:07 am
So you are all present and have been from the beginning. Where to next?
Apr 27, 2021 4:46 pm
Ordinary. Anne's life had been so damn ordinary. A scullery maid/cook at the White Stag tavern. Her hands always red and cracked from the lye soap used to scrub the evidence away of other people's indulgences. Knife skills learned by the bushels of potatoes and carrots peeled and chopped. Relegated to all those chores behind the scenes, invisible as long as the bar was tidy with dinner served.

Heather tipped the scales in the other direction with her catching many of a man's eye while serving rounds of ale at the tavern. With a wink and a flirty smile, a playful slap would be delivered to hands that patted or pinched her full buxom curves. But in the end, it was Meg they came to hear every night. Her smokey voice crooning about a ranger that in each verse of the song defeated one more enemy more powerful than the last. Or as the hour grew later in the evening the adventures turned more personal with lovers sharing intimacies and then losing each other to fate. Anne would stand in the shadow of the bar after her shift to listen to the lives lived out in song that she desperately wanted. Her mousy appearance never garnered an invitation for a round or even any inappropriate offer. Unlike the other women, Anne was never noticed by those around her.

And so it was until Mr. Mestophellies called Anne from her sad corner one night. As dreams and envy swirled in her breast, a... man sporting a fine cloak with a gait that testified the smart looking walking stick with it's banded gold tip and molded head of a horned goat in his hand was more for show than necessity spoke her name. Anne. The dark everlasting gaze of the man pierced her leaving Anne feeling fully exposed as she felt truly seen for the first time. A life of notoriety, I offer you. Come. Don't dwadle. Dwadling, pleases me not. And with a double tap of his cane, he breezed toward the exit.
Who? What? Things like this did not happen to... don't dwadle. Anne put no more thought than that as she followed the possibility of a different life.

Now Rua twirled the small braid that accented her long firey locks. Head tilted emphasized an attractive jaw line as she tapped smooth ivory fingers against her ruby lips as the new warlock contemplated her arrival at the end of the world. Keeping her part of the bargain in civilization had proved more difficult than she had first imagined. Criminals that deserved death did exist but between guilds that seemed to protect the worst and the law that demanded procedures calling it justice, Rua had fallen behind on her quota. Thus, the transformation back to Anne began. Desperate, Rua had begged Mr. Mestophellies for a reprieve, A deal is a deal, my dear. But I am merciful. You are restored this one time. Now Rua approached the Keep, both striking in form and compelling in manner as she hunts for souls to keep her transformed. Only the guilty, Rua promised herself...only the guilty.
Last edited April 27, 2021 4:49 pm
Nov 5, 2021 1:22 am
Rolling for my 2nd level hp, and my trinket.

Edit: Noice!

And I got "A tiny, gnome-crafted, music box that play a song you dimly remember from your childhood." What a lovely gift for a bard! I think I'll play it on short rests as my "Song of Rest."
Last edited November 5, 2021 1:25 am

Rolls

HP at 2nd level - (1d8+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Trinket - (1d100)

(21) = 21

Nov 5, 2021 1:41 am
Entertainer background can get another trinket as a gift from an admirer. Let's see what it is!

Edit: "A tiny silver icon of a raven."
Last edited November 5, 2021 1:42 am

Rolls

Gift from admirer - (1d100)

(25) = 25

Nov 5, 2021 1:58 pm
Name: Ovesk
Race: Dragonborn (Brass)
Class: Paladin
Religion: The Old Faith

https://i.imgur.com/pKR3rZx.jpg

A jovial and light-hearted dragonborn wanderer, the past years have made Ovesk something of a mythical figure in some parts of the world. He seems to appear where and when he is needed to provide whatever meager help may be necessary at the time, whether that is grand defense of the innocent or simple helping with the harvest.

Ovesk appears tall, but thin for a dragonborn. He has dark brownish skin with bronze scales, and bright green eyes. His vestments are whatever he has collected over the years, and are mismatched, patched and mended, lending him the look of a beggar or a fool, depending on your point of view. His pack and bedroll are managed well, in contrast to his unkempt appearance, and he often has supplies for any who are needy. His back bristles with a bundle of javelins, used for hunting as well as more unsavory activities, as well as his trusty shield, scarred and worn, but holding steady.

Editing for roll results:

HP: Total HP 21 at level 2? Nice!
Trinket: A small packet filled with pink dust. Perhaps given to him by someone he's helped along the way? Ovesk is very sentimental, so that could make sense.
Last edited November 5, 2021 2:01 pm

Rolls

HP Level 2 - (1d10)

(9) = 9

Trinket - (1d100)

(70) = 70

Nov 6, 2021 10:07 am
@nuworld

How did you embed your image in the post above? I'm struggling. I looked at the guide for embedding images on the site. I've tried Google drive, imgur, copying links out of the browser, others... Can't get anything to work.

Edit: I see it's much easier to do it in a windows browser than the mobile version.

Here's Amon!

https://i.imgur.com/Si4qlhF.jpg
Last edited November 6, 2021 2:24 pm
Nov 6, 2021 9:06 pm
I use Imgur to upload images - it works for me
Nov 6, 2021 10:23 pm
dankel says:
I use Imgur to upload images - it works for me
Thanks! I couldn't get it to work on my phone, but I got on the laptop this afternoon and figured it out.
Nov 7, 2021 2:46 pm
Amon Deephollow is a halfling in middle age. He spent his years as a young man, performing in taverns in the city of Greyhawk, and became something of a minor celebrity there. But it wasn't until he witnessed the performance of Ha'alaema Morbalar, an ancient Elvish diva, in the grand concert hall in Greyhawk, that he realized that music could do so much more than simply to entertain.

He made it his life's work from that point forward, to study the arcane aspect of song, and to travel the world seeking stories of the most powerful and mystical bards.

Amon is a warm, kind, down-to-Oerth kind of guy. He values his friendships and will do whatever he can to support a group of adventurers, if they will have him, because he knows, whatever their quest, adventure is the surest route to learning more interesting stories, and gaining a greater mastery over his arcane powers.

Character Sheet

Len

Nov 7, 2021 5:21 pm
I bet Amon and Leothorn will get along famously. Here is my character's info:
Len says:
Okay I have submitted Leothorn Hollysharp, a forest gnome rogue. Still have to write up a backstory, but I plan for them to be a part of an organization called the Unbroken Spine, a loose collection of adventurers and sages who rescue lost knowledge from the dark places of the world. He was once a librarian who honed his Thieves' skills recovering overdue library books, and has read a great deal about the world (although he possesses little practical experience). I don't expect any of this to factor into the adventure other than this is his main motivation to come to the Keep on the Borderlands.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ce/b2/63/ceb2637761ddd58cb448c1da7e5ca2c8.jpg
Nov 7, 2021 5:24 pm
Len says:
He was once a librarian who honed his Thieves' skills recovering overdue library books...
This is amazing. I love it.
Nov 7, 2021 8:48 pm
Len says:
I bet Amon and Leothorn will get along famously. Here is my character's info:

I read through the character info (including yours) when I was thinking about what to build. I had the same thought! I even wondered if the unbroken spine might be recruiting... 😏

Len

Nov 10, 2021 8:33 pm
carkl3000 says:
I read through the character info (including yours) when I was thinking about what to build. I had the same thought! I even wondered if the unbroken spine might be recruiting... 😏
Undoubtedly! Leothorn doesn't know much about recruitment stuff, he's still very low-ranking, but he'd be happy to share his knowledge.
Last edited November 10, 2021 8:34 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.