At the Keep

load previous
Jan 13, 2020 12:38 pm
Brother Gregor bows slightly in deference to the elder priest. "I am Brother Gregor, how may I be of service for your flock here at the Keep? "
Jan 13, 2020 1:27 pm
Xan watched Stefan and Oooohed and Ahhhed just as much as any of the children.
She clapped and used her own Druid Craft to help Steffan out with the minor tricks.

Xan looked happy just to see the children happy.
Jan 14, 2020 1:06 am
Peachyco says:

Stopping by the message board, the tall half-elf stands alongside Loanus to see what information he might glean from the notes and posters that are nailed to that board. "See anything interesting, Loanus?"
"Hmm... Not sure, really just looking for any other clues to the Baliff's request." the young man says his eyes never leaving the board of papers.
Jan 14, 2020 2:20 am
Uldrik followed the group to the tavern, he wasn't about to say no to a hot meal and a good drink. As he walked along with the group he took in the many strange sights, the keep was certainly a more lively place than his village. He listened to the group discuss their plans, not having much to add to the conversation he kept mostly quiet adding in the occasional grunt of agreement.
Jan 14, 2020 5:29 pm
@Party: The message board contains several notes. Most are of a personal nature: "Brez, you owe me 30 silvers," "Kylen, meet at midnight near the fountain," etc. There appear to be no clues regarding the thefts, but one notice does catch your eye. It is written by a young hand, as evidenced by the fact that the Rs are backward. "Lost cat! Reward! Grey tabby, answers to Flynn. if found, please return to Anya at the tavern."

@Brother Gregor: "Blessings of Pelor be upon you, my brother. You are welcome to join us for daily services and on Godsday, but I have no specific needs at this time. Do you have lodging? We maintain a small room here for visiting priests. It's rather spartan, but you are welcome to use it."
Jan 14, 2020 6:05 pm
Brother Gregor pats his modest gold pouch and says with a smile, "I still have a few sovereigns in my pouch, but I'll be happy to take you up on that offer if it gets too empty!"

Brother Gregor shares what little news he has of the church of Pelor goings on from the settled lands and makes other pleasant small talk with the older priest before noting the usual time for services at the chapel and promising to be there.

"You can find me either at the tavern or the inn, I've met some fellow travelers and I'll be with them for the time being. See you at service Brother Stellan. "

With a bow, the young priest makes for the tavern to have a warm cooked meal and cold cider.
Jan 14, 2020 6:24 pm
https://i.imgur.com/vBJWnG1.png
[ +- ] Stefan the Hexblade

"Hmm, I guess people here aren't too finicky 'bout privacy and all that. Overdue loans, midnight rendezvous - they just post everything, huh."

That said, the note about the missing tabby cat does catch the young half-elf's attention. Over the course of living in the woods, he's had several animal friends, and he can relate to the situation.

"Well, that's that, I guess. Ain't much we can use from this board. We might keep an eye out for this Flynn the Cat along our way, though. Shouldn't be much of a bother anyway."

And that is exactly what Stefan does as they proceed to the tavern. Every few steps, he'd casually call out the name 'Flynn' and then conjure forth a quick puff of the scent of catnip through his simple spell of prestidigitation. Hopefully, the cat would be drawn by the scent and then respond to its name.
Jan 14, 2020 6:53 pm
"I'm sure if'n it was somethin' as simple as puttin' out a bowl of food, they'd have done found the cat by now." After a moment of silence, the young man flips his hair over his shoulders and shrugs, "I don' trust the Baliff as far as Xan can throw'im." They approach the inn he gives a small smirk, "I ain' sayin' it's a poorly designed ruse ta bring in gullible marks wherein several randos attempt ta investigate "missin' random supplies" before bein' disappeared durin' the job by'the local law, their money an equipment bein' later sold fer'the Baliff's personal profit in'a town that has probably had more'n its fair share'a dead mercenaries who no one would notice is goin' missin' or care . . ." He gives a darkly amused grin at the others, "I'm just sayin' it took me five minutes ta come up with'the idea an y'should -never- trust anyone in'the service'a nobles."
Last edited January 14, 2020 6:53 pm
Jan 14, 2020 7:35 pm
Xan smiles, "Let's look for that cat !" Xan decides to check with Anya but aids Stefan.

She uses Druid craft to produce the scent of nice fresh fish. She is already low to the ground so she looks for signs of the cat as they walk.
Jan 14, 2020 9:28 pm
"Probably just chased a mouse, and got lost or trapped somewhere. Listen as well to see if you hear it mewling." Loanus says before turning his own ear to listen to Liam. Nodding sagely he answers, the handsome young man. "Looking into the politics of this place may take more time and effort than its worth.I like your thinking about not taking this at face value for now. Best we keep on our toes for monsters and mayhem when we head out in the morning."
Last edited January 15, 2020 1:37 am
Jan 14, 2020 10:33 pm
‘You have quite a colourful imagination for foul deeds, friend’ the aristocratically-garbed high elf responded to Liam, with a light chuckle to punctuate his remark. It was clear he found the idea of looking for a cat below his station in life, though he said nothing about it. ‘Some lordlings run rackets, certainly. But this baillif is just the Castellan’s servant. There is certainly more plunder to be had slaying raiders, or fleecing fat merchants, than plucking a few coins from the occasional passing sell-sword...’
Last edited January 14, 2020 10:34 pm
Jan 16, 2020 3:22 am
The cat, if nearby, chooses not to make itself known, and you arrive at the tavern without further adieu.
Jan 16, 2020 4:41 am
"Drinks first, then more searching?" The arcanist asks with a grin.
OOC:
Will follow anyone in. He will not go first, in any situation.
Jan 16, 2020 8:32 am
Seeing the Wildsedge Tavern, Caelymbor stepped immediately in, and scanned the space for a comfortable spot to sit in with his companions, preferably near a hearth. He sat down unceremoniously, his fatigue beginning to show.
OOC:
Throwing in a perception check just in case it would be necessary to spot any curious or interesting features/persons that are not immediately obvious to observers.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Jan 16, 2020 9:43 am

In entering the tavern, Stefan moves with the grace afforded by his elven blood, which can be surprising to some who might not expect so, given that he has a beard and his ears are covered by his hair. The half-elf glances to his companions, taking note of their seating arrangements, as he heads for the bar.

He calls the barkeeper's attention and orders a tankard of ale. As the barkeeper approaches, Stefan introduces himself, "Greetings! The name's Stefan. New to your keep. How fare things here, friend? Anywhere that some pairs of willing and capable hands might be of help?"
Jan 16, 2020 1:15 pm
Xan forgets for a moment about the taven and is busy looking for the missing cat. It is only when she looks around and notices no tall legs around her that she sees she is alone. "Where did everyone go ?"

She heads for the tavern her little legs carrying her there quickly.
Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm
"Greetings, Stefan. The name is Grance, and welcome to our humble home. You could be so kind as to keep an eye out for my daughter's cat. Flynn. It's a gray tabby. He is used to running about the Keep, but it's been five days and he never goes that long without returning home. Anya is very worried about him. She's even posted a reward, her entire savings! But besides the thankfulness of a child, I'd be very grateful as well." He leaves the topic hanging, as though hinting at something. "So what can I do for you gentlemen and lady today?"
Jan 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Nodding as if to take the hint, Stefan replies in as friendly a tone as he dares, "Of course, Grance, sir. In fact, I've been keeping an eye out for dear Flynn on the way here, after reading Little Anya's note on the message board. If you can tell us more about your tabby - maybe a favorite food, song, or toy, maybe a favorite place to lounge - that might help."

Pausing to take a sip from his tankard of ale, the half-elf continues, "You might help us some more, Grance sir, if you might share some of them juicy rumors 'round the keep. Heard there's been some thievery on the keep's shipments lately - perhaps we can start there?" He looks at the barkeeper, hope in his bright-gray eyes
Jan 16, 2020 6:41 pm
A moment before he is about to step in the door Loanus pulls up short as the quicker Xan moves through and ahead of him. Smiling as he enters the room he walks up and grabs a seat at the table Caelymbor found near the hearth. With an audible sigh he sits down and looks about for someone to order from.
Jan 16, 2020 6:58 pm
Brother Gregor takes his leave from the chapel and heads across the Outer Bailey to the tavern.

He ducks his head under the beam as he crosses the threshold. Seeing his traveling companions, the priest waves hello and sits at the table.

"Not much going on with Brother Stellan at the chapel. I could sure use a cold ale to wash away the road dust. "
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.