Chapter 7: Raiding the Ruins Thread

load previous
May 6, 2020 2:58 am
Ember stares at Pip and blinks a couple times.

Thanks.

She looks to the others to confirm they'll follow, then starts heading down the hall.

That bird thinks he knows everything.
Please leave me alone.
And let you miss something? Emby, I just want to help. You're still new at this.
Just.......
Behave yourself........okay?

As she walks, she scans the titles of the books for anything particularly useful, at least from what she can tell. But the closer she gets to where she thinks Pip went, she slows, stopping before the footprints disappear.

I don't want to step forward until I know it's safe, she explains, speaking to the others, but not taking her eyes off the scene in front of her. Pip flies. If there's something in the floor, we'd miss it.

Or they cast a teleport spell.

I mean, maybe, she muses out loud. But why chance it to start?

She pulls a marble out of her belt pouch and tosses it up in the air, clutching her hand shut quickly. But instead of catching the marble, it hovers in the air beside her as she breathes out slowly. She loosens her hand and directs the floating marble with her fingertips until it's right past the last set of footprints. She raises it, lowers it, moves it side to side looking for some anomaly. Finally, to test the floor, she throws it at the ground.
OOC:
Mage Haaaaaaaaaaaand

Rolls

Linguistics to get the "vibe" off titles that might not be in Common - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Arcana on whatever happens to the floating marble - any weird magic? - (1d20+6)

(17) + 6 = 23

Perception on whatever happens to the floor when the marble hits it - any traps? - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

You do not have permission to post in this thread.