OOC Chat Thread

load previous
Mar 1, 2020 6:31 pm
Heads up, I don't know what time I'll have for this over the next week. Don't wait for me 🙂
Mar 1, 2020 6:32 pm
Appreciate the heads up, TNed!
Mar 2, 2020 6:48 pm
Does anyone wanna give me a quick TLDR:?
I see your at the beginnings of some festival and a pony is going nuts?
Mar 2, 2020 6:58 pm
We're likely very near the end of the encounter, otherwise I'd bring you in, but basically this is all just a "meet-cute". So don't be too worried about understanding....

But, yea, everyone is/has been at a Festival thrown by King Bard to celebrate the 5th Anniversary of the Battle of the 5 Armies and death of Smaug.

The big event capping off the end of this day was a parade, featuring an oliphaunt.

Everyone was at the parade, certain people started noticing certain things going wrong.

Now they're trying to prevent a tragedy from happening.

That's it.
Mar 4, 2020 4:42 pm
Hey gang, how's it goin'?

I know it's early in the game and ppl may not have a feel for everything/anything yet. But I just want to reinforce how I'm really yearning for collaborative storytellers here. Please help me bring the world of Tolkien and our particular story to life by posting beyond when it's time to roll the dice.

What does your PC think of the times, and/or the situation they've just been through? Where's your PC staying in Laketown (you won't be expected to pay for it, yet)? Doesn't have to be long, just something to help paint the ongoing picture.

I'm gonna keep things moving in the story thread, but please continue to interact with the gameworld and with each other.

Thanks!
Mar 4, 2020 10:23 pm
Kinudig says:
He wasn't sure how the little lad found him to deliver the message, but he did all the same.
OOC:
https://media.tenor.com/images/1fb93e098589d31f5023b7d32418f013/tenor.gif
Mar 4, 2020 10:28 pm
bhwhahahaa
Mar 6, 2020 10:58 am
Could we write/copy descriptive stuff in another thread? It'd be easier to find it then if I want to check what others are saying about their chars & backstory so I can build on it.
Mar 6, 2020 1:31 pm
Sounds like a good idea, yeah. I was going to put a brief bio and physical description on my character sheet but still not sure how to make it open for everyone to see.
Mar 6, 2020 5:07 pm
I like it! I will open up the IC Resource thread for posting. I believe that would be the most appropriate place for it?
Mar 28, 2020 9:47 pm
So have I had the worst rolls yet or what?
Apr 4, 2020 8:32 am
Ok Em, help me out here. We need to purchase a Pony. I don't know what the bigger wrench in my plans was, this COVID-19 or the friggin' pony, but I have 3 Silver in contributions from other player characters (Thank you to the ladies and gents among you) and I can "pony" up the other 5 silver to buy a Pony. Will you do me a huge favor and write into the narrative what I might need to do to acquire the pony to pull the cart? Maybe set up a quick 1 on 1 to try and haggle the price. My time is so limited - I'm spinning plates on my forehead.
Seems to me that pony is more important than a crowbar and shovel. (Which I thought would be super helpful on this venture, but who knows?) Help a bro out.
Apr 4, 2020 1:05 pm
Don't worry about it. Retcon: You guys have a mule, or draft horse. Leiknir gave you one with the cart.

I didn't anticipate buying things to benefit the group being the road block that it turned into. So we're forgetting about it. I have a feeling this game is dead/dying anyway.
Apr 4, 2020 6:41 pm
Hope not. Just grab some more willing folk, maybe.
Apr 4, 2020 8:07 pm
Sorry, I'm having some issues. I'll be back soon.
Apr 5, 2020 1:56 pm
Khulod, don't worry about it. We're all going through stuff right now, and it just is what it is.
Apr 5, 2020 2:05 pm
I'd like to confirm I'm having fun doing this, thanks all.
Apr 6, 2020 4:09 pm
Bad day here.

Can't get my work VPN to function.

Kids were supposed to start online classes today, and that's not working well...

AFK BRB
Apr 9, 2020 1:04 am
A pheasant hunt! Bring back good memories. When I was 9 my dad took me on his pheasant hunt in Nebraska. I was the bird dog. I walked the thick brush and draws, chased up the birds for the guys. Had the time of my life.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.