2016 Con Schedule

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 7, 2016 1:54 pm
Keleth says:
Remnant says:
Hope you like crowds, GenCon is x5 the people at Origins. If this is your first GenCon I don't know what to tell you on what to expect I think it's great personally since there's so many other outlets to check out I'm not around that much. It's the only place I had a five minute conversation about the Green/White/Red ranger.
I'm sure it will be a blast, and it's affording me unique opportunities already. I just hope it lives up to how much I'll end up spending, heh. Right now, I can't even decide if I should buy the plane ticket now or wait a few days and see if the price improves.
Generally, the earlier you buy a plane ticket, the cheaper the price is. That's been my experience, at least.
Jun 7, 2016 1:56 pm
irvanovich says:
Keleth says:
Remnant says:
Hope you like crowds, GenCon is x5 the people at Origins. If this is your first GenCon I don't know what to tell you on what to expect I think it's great personally since there's so many other outlets to check out I'm not around that much. It's the only place I had a five minute conversation about the Green/White/Red ranger.
I'm sure it will be a blast, and it's affording me unique opportunities already. I just hope it lives up to how much I'll end up spending, heh. Right now, I can't even decide if I should buy the plane ticket now or wait a few days and see if the price improves.
Generally, the earlier you buy a plane ticket, the cheaper the price is. That's been my experience, at least.
That's what I always expected too, but a lot of Googling put 6-8 weeks at the sweet spot.
Jun 7, 2016 2:17 pm
Don't fly that much but is there a way to have a script run for a check in case it drops with a price you like or by a percentage. Like if it's under 300 notify me or if it drops 30%+? I've been driving in the last five times since it's under eight hours.
Jun 7, 2016 2:59 pm
Remnant says:
Don't fly that much but is there a way to have a script run for a check in case it drops with a price you like or by a percentage. Like if it's under 300 notify me or if it drops 30%+? I've been driving in the last five times since it's under eight hours.
I would drive but it's 11 hours for me :/ I can look into writing a script, but I guess for now, I'll ahve to bite the bullet and pay the cost.
Jun 7, 2016 3:08 pm
Keleth says:
Remnant says:
I would drive but it's 11 hours for me :/ I can look into writing a script, but I guess for now, I'll ahve to bite the bullet and pay the cost.
Pretty sure Kayak.com can do this for you - set it up to send you a notification if prices drop on a particular itinerary. It also estimates if the price is likely to drop (not sure on what basis)
Jun 7, 2016 3:12 pm
Candi says:
Keleth says:
Remnant says:
Pretty sure Kayak.com can do this for you - set it up to send you a notification if prices drop on a particular itinerary. It also estimates if the price is likely to drop (not sure on what basis)
Yah, i have a price alert set up with them. They're recommending buying now. I'm just saying I should have bought a month ago :/
Jun 22, 2016 6:00 pm
Looks like the plan is for me to head to GenCon to do demoing with the Fantasy Flight crew. I sounds like I may get to do run games of Star Wars. Hope to see you there, Keleth.

The nice thing about the demo team is free room and entry, the downside is the lack of voice I'll have after 4 days of shouting on a Con floor.
Jun 22, 2016 6:06 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Looks like the plan is for me to head to GenCon to do demoing with the Fantasy Flight crew. I sounds like I may get to do run games of Star Wars. Hope to see you there, Keleth.
Yes! I would love to see you there. And I'll have you demo something for me!

Closer to the Con, I'll confirm for a meet-and-greet Friday night, if nothing else, hanging out at a hotel bar or something, where people can come and meet up and learn that yes, we are not all robots responding to each other, hoping to fool the others that we're human. Or we'll learn that some of us are exactly that.
Jun 22, 2016 6:08 pm
I'll have to be there and make sure to fail all my CHA checks. My character was built to stealth in the background, not interact socially.
Jun 22, 2016 6:11 pm
PhantomNimbus says:

The nice thing about the demo team is free room and entry, the downside is the lack of voice I'll have after 4 days of shouting on a Con floor.
#809, #817, # 1105, or #1117
Jun 22, 2016 6:12 pm
No clue yet. The person I know sorting out who can do what just asked if I know much about it and would want to run it.
Jun 22, 2016 6:18 pm
I'll try and swing by during early access before the hordes descend upon you...
Jun 22, 2016 6:19 pm
Remnant says:
I'll try and swing by during early access before the hordes descend upon you...
I'll teach you all about it, and then you can correct me on everything I said wrong. :)
Jun 22, 2016 6:20 pm
Wait, what is early access? I have a media badge... will this give me early access?
Jun 22, 2016 6:21 pm
Wait...you are media?
Jun 22, 2016 6:22 pm
Nope. VIG.
Jun 22, 2016 6:25 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Wait...you are media?
Yes. I applied for a media badge and got it. No clue why they said yes. I guess I'll have to write stuff up on what I see/do now...
Remnant says:
Nope. VIG.
Ah, ok. I am a VFM (very fake media).
Jun 22, 2016 6:40 pm
@ Keleth technically didn't you just blog about 7th Sea in a way?
Jun 22, 2016 6:43 pm
Remnant says:
@ Keleth technically didn't you just blog about 7th Sea in a way?
I actually do want to get into the habit of writing about games I play at Cons, old or new. I did a TON of tweeting at Origins last year, helped promote a few new games, etc. I just don't want someone at GenCon to go "So, can I see your blog?" and I go "Hey, look over there! SMOKE BOMB!"
Jun 22, 2016 6:52 pm
Quote:
Well Gamer's Plane does have it's announcement section from you so it's not really a blog it's more free form writing and open to discussion and collaboration on the direction the idea is going in a collective social consciousness... Gamer's Plane is a digital environment to play and promote gaming and the industry.
You can always say something like that.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.