Spacepunk OOC

load previous
Oct 25, 2021 1:06 pm
A bonus cash well gotten

https://c.tenor.com/6Hixx4SFAeQAAAAM/backing-you-get-yours.gif
Nov 17, 2021 8:04 am
Hey guys! I'll be away until the second week of December (probably busy after that). I'll try to keep posting, but Lain is going to die soon anyway 🤣
Nov 17, 2021 8:13 am
Lain? More like Slain
Nov 17, 2021 9:19 am
https://media4.giphy.com/media/1cv7Gwf0Utdeg/giphy.gif
Nov 23, 2021 12:30 pm
bowlofspinach sent a note to bowlofspinach,CESN,FlyingSucculent,Machiabelly
Nov 23, 2021 4:48 pm
FlyingSucculent sent a note to bowlofspinach,CESN,FlyingSucculent,Machiabelly
Last edited November 23, 2021 4:49 pm
Nov 25, 2021 1:12 am
CESN sent a note to bowlofspinach,FlyingSucculent
Last edited November 25, 2021 1:14 am
Jan 12, 2022 3:47 pm
Read this first
[ +- ]
Jan 13, 2022 10:46 am
Yes it's a shame Machiabelly couldn't make it to the end as he was a key player with some great input. Unfortunate that he had to leave like he did...

I agree, that was a great save by Flying as well! I think most players ended up dropping GP based on their zzz's so this could have died if not for Flying to help pushing it forward :D

It was cool to actually play the system and the story was nicely written :D I'm still not too sure how the weapons/armour work, but that's mostly because it took so long I have forgotten most rules. Everything went was so well I feel like we should have another go at this setting/system at some point :D There was just that one (common) issue with the probabilities being really low that most times we just get in trouble. Though frustrating when you really want to get something done, it added a lot of excitment to the game at times
Jan 13, 2022 11:34 am
I also ended up not enforcing the armor stuff too much because I got lazy. I still think the proper interactions between armor and weapons are interesting and could make for some cool moments, but I ended up ignoring them mostly. Might make sense to simplify it like I ended up doing in the fantasy game. Or to actually enforce them next time and see how it goes
Jan 14, 2022 7:09 pm
Hey, a finished game! That's actually a new experience. :D
And thank you for the kind words. I'm more accustomed to being the one who lags behind rather than the one to push anything forward, so that's an interesting change of pace. XD

This was fun, and I'm glad that I joined this game despite being initially worried about my lack of cyberpunk knowledge. Playing Roger was a blast - and not just because of his explosive weapons, - and I'm thankful for the chance to do it, as well as having such a great team for him to play off of.
And of course, you two are impeccable players! As was Machiabelly, who, I like to think, is with us in spirit in this conclusion. It saddens me greatly that he is no longer with us, but I hope he would've appreciated our victory against the Siren.

As for your question, I liked the system! Simple, effective, not too crunchy. You already know thar my biggest gripe with it is experience distribution (I don't think I'm ever growing fond of random chance level ups), but otherwise I think it works well. And for probabilities being low, I think it encourages creative use of abilities if anything.
A bit of a smaller nitpick, but Combat Leadership never seemed like it was worth it. By the time anyone was wounded enough to be in danger, so was Roger, and the total gain of this ability is just negative: you move damage around and inflict an extra point upon yourself instead of actually healing anything, despite it using Medicine as a skill.

I kinda wish I got a chance to test Roger's chair mechanic, but at the same time I'm glad he survived. XD

And finally, I loved the story. You know your writing's great, Bowl, right? It was a very fascinating journey, and appropriately action-filled. Also I'm going to headcanon that Roger later finds Madekh and kidnaps him to be his new mercenary buddy.
Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm
Thanks for the nice words and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I think we have similar gripes with the system, but just do what I do: Thank me for the good parts and blame CESN for the bad parts 😉

Good point about the Combat Leadership. It's true that that never really seemed to be very useful. In a second draft, that should be made more beneficial!

Thanks for the compliments on the writing. I do feel like I've phoned in a couple of posts here and there towards the end when it was dragging a bit but I tried to keep the quality up mostly.

I can totally see that Roger/Madekh thing happening. Total bromance

You do not have permission to post in this thread.