D&D5E UA: CreationBard, UnityCleric, ClockworkSorc

Feb 9, 2020 11:26 am
WotC released a new UA, which drew a lot of flak over a Cleric Love Domain. So they took it down and republished it with the Love Domain replaced by the Unity Domain. Have a look.

D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: Bardic College of Creation, Unity Divine Domain, Clockwork Soul Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2020 11:56 am
What's the problem with Love Domain?
Feb 9, 2020 12:14 pm
From Morrus' weekly RPG newsletter:
Quote:
The Love Domain in particular received immediate criticism on Twitter due to the content. Based loosely on the concept of the Confessor from the Wizard’s First Rule fantasy series by Terry Goodkind, the Love Domain powers included the ability to touch an enemy to get them to "adore" you against their will and begin to attack other enemies on your behalf (and if there are no enemies, they just stare at the cleric with adoration). The implications of this nonconsensual relationship had many major figures in the RPG community condemning the power.
Feb 9, 2020 12:22 pm
Ah, thanks. I thought it was just a name change
Feb 9, 2020 1:45 pm
Must suppress the strong urge to turn this thread into a scathing review of Wizard's First Rule. :p

Seriously, though, I think many DMs already struggle on how to properly incorporate romance and/or sexual attraction into their adventures. A cleric domain which plays off the same feelings just brings that kind of gameplay to the forefront. I've been in games, though, where a comeliness score was a part of the character sheet like any other ability score. When implemented properly, it adds a very rich element to all NPC interactions. A cleric domain that abuses that would fit right in.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.