II - Iris Station

load previous
Jun 17, 2020 12:21 pm
ANDREW looks at Carlos with a raised eyebrow, an operator's instinct at play is always informative. He thinks to himself, integrating what he can from Carlos's mannerisms for future access. "I wonder how difficult it would be to gain the guise of employment, Carlos." He asks. "It would certainly be time consuming, but likely worth the access that such an invitation would offer. Purchasing a shuttle craft here is an additional tool regardless, a free tool should we keep it in good repair."
Jun 17, 2020 9:13 pm
Carlos thinks it over.

Maybe splitting our efforts. Maybe someone could do something with computers to try and fake some kind if job credentials. I could look into buying a shuttle.
Jun 18, 2020 8:57 am
Lain wipes the blood of her face and smiles back at Pitr. She just stands there, looking at the man, making sure the lesson sinks in deeply. And recording it all for Lesedi to savour. "Yeah. You do that and be a good boy." She leaves hi without another word and goes back to check on the other's progress. On the wait, she opens the sound channel with Lesedi "That good enough for you? Who's this Imi, he was talking about?"
Jun 18, 2020 9:51 am
"To get fake job credentials into their systems, you would need to be on location, either at Siren headquarters or your target planet," the voice on the comm explains. "Preferably inside their buildings but you might be able to do it from orbit. If that's the way you want to do this, we can provide you with a program for these purposes. It should make that job easier for you."
As Lain is walking back to where she left the others, she connects on a call with Lesedi.
"That was brilliant," the security guard comments. "How's the nose, teddy-girl?" In response to Lain's question, Lesedi says: "My little sister. Good girl with a terrible taste in men. I'm just trying to keep her safe."
Jun 18, 2020 11:08 am
OOC:
I hoped this was a random act of pure evil bullying ... and then its to safe a little girl :(
"Well, if you need me to teach Imi a better lesson, you know where my ship is" Lain says half jokingly as she walks back. Seeing Carlos Focuses on the call, she waves to get ANDREW's attention
Last edited June 18, 2020 12:29 pm
Jun 18, 2020 12:25 pm
ANDREW catches Lain's look and raises a hand to wave, "We should obtain this program, Carlos, even if we do not end up using it. Please excuse me for a moment." He approaches Lain, "How did your solo mission go? Success is your most frequent outcome, I predict this is the case once again?"
Jun 19, 2020 12:42 am
Yes, send us the program and we will look into getting a shuttle as well. If we have any further information.
Jun 19, 2020 6:44 am
"If you have any further information, act on it," the voice replies. "There is not much help we can give you from here. You are mostly on your own."
Unless Carlos has something else he wants to discuss, the connection is closed from the other side. It will take some time to get the program ready and send it to him so he doesn't expect it to arrive within the next one or two hours at least.
Jun 19, 2020 11:50 am
"It's not a prediction if you already know it" Lain jokingly explains to ANDREW, who seems to struggle a bit with the non-logic time sequence implied. "Was that the boss? I hope he is happy" she asks as soon as Carlos drops the call.
Jun 19, 2020 3:22 pm
They weren't unhappy. Hard to say more than that.
Jun 22, 2020 8:42 am
"Right... These big shots talk more with money than with words..." Lain says slightly disappointed at what looked like little development. "So, are we in a hurry then? Should we start filling the dock forms?"
Jun 23, 2020 1:53 am
Yeah we don't want the trail to go cold.
Jun 23, 2020 12:57 pm
"All work no fun" Lain pointlessly complains as she turns to Andrew "Did you save the data from the previous forms?"
Jun 23, 2020 1:09 pm
OOC:
If you want to leave the station, that won't be a problem. All your paperwork is in order so we can skip over that. If there's something else you want to do on Iris Station, just let me know and we'll take care of it.

Otehrwise, once everyone has told me they're ready to depart, I'll move you ahead.
Jun 23, 2020 1:22 pm
OOC:
There were some loose ends we didn't check that I noticed when re-reading... though I didn't get the time to do much more of that... Most of these are pointless and redundant except maybe tracking down that mercenary that met with the boy. She could know more or be involved on it (maybe even being a key to get inside the next place?)
Last edited June 23, 2020 1:22 pm
Jun 24, 2020 5:25 am
OOC:
In the interest of time, I'll just tell you that the mercenary couldn't tell you anything you haven't already figured out.

If you want to try and recruit her for the planet part of the mission, you can still try that but youd have to pay her out of pocket
Jun 24, 2020 7:40 am
OOC:
sounds about right :D
Jun 25, 2020 4:57 pm
"Yes, the forms have already been completed." text scrolls across his eyes to display his handiwork. "I am prepared to leave when you are."
Jun 26, 2020 5:46 am
Satisfied that they found all the information that is to be found on Iris Station, the mercenaries inform the bodyguards of what they found and where they are headed and then take off.
There is no problem with their departure and an hour after they informed the port of their intent to leave, the ship has been undocked from the station and is already speeding towards their next destination - the small, inhospitable mining planet that they suspect Szymon von Eltik has been taken to.
OOC:
Continued here

Thread locked