Reeve Aitken IC set up

load previous
Mar 6, 2020 7:05 am
You see that there are 2 people ahead. They do not see you yet. Their clothing and armour are Judishian styled.
"You should stop worrying about that. It is probably just the light playing tricks on your eyes." A woman wielding daggers says as she pushes a branch out of her way.
"But this place is full of monsters! How could you not believe what I saw?" says a man with an axe.
The woman replies, "Because even a monster can't possibly look like a metal wheel and fly faster than a bird!"
They continued on bickering as they travel off to your right.
Mar 6, 2020 7:28 am
"Hello there"Reeve calls out to the duo in a casual manner."I'm glad to see fellow Judish and indeed it was a flying metal disc that I also saw a moment ago"
Mar 7, 2020 2:52 pm
The two of them tensed up as you suddenly introduced yourself. But seeing as you are a Judish and friendly, they relax their guard.
"Glad to see another one of us out here." The woman sighs.
"I knew it! The monster I saw is real! We really shouldn't be out here, Kiria. That thing looks fast enough to decapitate a person!"
"Fine! We shall now return to camp. You there, you could join us. We were about to get to Leudon to trade for supplies. I am Kiria, and he is Batho. What's your name?"
Mar 8, 2020 2:50 am
Name's Reeve, I could do with a bit of company and maybe you could help me. I'm looking for a few men from the my desert camp who were traveling south with a cart and some crates. They are late in coming back, have you seen or heard anything about them?
Mar 9, 2020 6:43 am
The two of them looked at each other before Kiria answers. "That would be us. In a way, it's reassuring that our leaders back at Desert Camp are worried about us, but so far we are handling ourselves fine. You can say we got distracted along the way to our destination. We saw an abandoned town further down in the valley over to the south west. We thought we could grab supplies to trade, but we got chased by the monsters that infested the town. Atleast we got a few crates from that. Currently we are treking through this forest to find more treasures that may be left behind during the War of Ending so we can make our trip more worth it."
Mar 9, 2020 6:15 pm
OOC:
Are they fitting the description Reeve was given?
Well then, I hope you don't mind having an extra sword around, i'll be joining you until we are all back at the camp.
Mar 10, 2020 12:32 pm
OOC:
Not much details are given about the group of 4 that were sent south to trade. They were said to be fairly capable of handling themselves if they run into a monster.
You travelled with the two of them through the forest. After an hour of zig zagging and back tracking, the two of them finally admited that they forgot their camp that they set up.
Batho comments, "We shouldn't have tried to do exploring-"
"Oh shut it!" He was cut off by Kiria who grows more frustrated.
Mar 10, 2020 6:56 pm
Hahaha Reeve let out a good natured laugh. Wanna get back to where we met and track your step back from there?
Mar 11, 2020 2:02 am
Kiria looks like she wants to say something else, but she simply nods her head and continue to lead. It took half an hour to arrive at the approximate meeting location, and another 30 minutes to carefully track their way back.

"Hey, I recognise that tree I chopped down!" Batho points and as he exclaims.
Mar 11, 2020 4:10 pm
"Perfect. So where is the camp from here? Reeve looks in the direction Batho is pointing for signs of smoke, camp or people.
Mar 13, 2020 6:22 am
As Batho gets on top of the stump, he looks squints at the distance. "Our camp is right over there- Wait a moment, who are those guys?!"
Reeve don't see the smoke, but he sees the orange tents that are standing out in the forest that would be more suited for a desert environment. There looks to be 2 figures moving in at the camp, but it's hard to see them well. (unless you roll Intellect)
Mar 13, 2020 7:34 pm
OOC:
Rolling intellect

Rolls

Intellect - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Mar 15, 2020 2:06 am
It appears that, upon closer inspection, that the two people are the enemies of your old nation! You see that they are escaping by now, which likely means that they have trapped the camp, possibly by some foul magic. (If you wish to avoid the potential trap, roll speed.)
Mar 15, 2020 2:25 am
"Ah! Even with all the monster around, those ruffians still cause us trouble!"

Reeve start running after them, trying to cut through the forest to reach them instead of passing through the camp.
OOC:
Reeve will spend 1 speed with his 2 edge for one effort in running

Rolls

Speed avoid trapped camp - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Running with effort - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 18, 2020 8:15 am
You run after the ones escaping the camp. You run so fast, that the two people that were with you could not keep up, and soon disappear behind. You evaded the camp, which you believe have not triggered whatever sabotage that may be placed. You are slowly catching up to your targets. One of them is slower, as they are pushing a loaded wheelbarrow...
Mar 18, 2020 8:16 am
OOC:
Great! You now are close to the others, and so may post your action in the Mission 1 thread. Also, you recover your point of speed spent.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.