Help/An Apology?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 23, 2020 6:17 pm
Hello, I used to be more active on here a couple months ago, but with moving, and my own mental health I went MIA for a while, I apologize for this, and would like to become active again, but feel pretty badly about disappearing. How should I go about that, and also if you were in a game by me I apologize for my disappearance.
Feb 23, 2020 6:46 pm
I know how you feel.
The same thing happened to me (twice), and I was always welcomed back into the community.
If any of the games you were in maybe still run, you could return to them, if the players/GM are fine with that. Otherwise, there are always new games popping up left and right :D

It's good that you are back, and hopefully I'll see you in a game in the future :D
Feb 23, 2020 6:46 pm
I don't believe we've ever played together, but having gone through several depressions myself and being diagnosed with a mild form of schizophrenia, I understand that when your mental health takes a turn for the worse, you're not exactly in a state to give a heads up to other people... I think people here on GP will be understanding.
Feb 23, 2020 6:55 pm
I am glad that you are back! I'm positive no one will begrudge your disappearance, given the reasons. And yeah, many community members, including myself, also struggle with depression, so if you ever need someone to talk to, we're here for you!
Feb 23, 2020 6:56 pm
Welcome back. The same has happened to me. Life happens.
Feb 23, 2020 7:03 pm
I am glad you are back, and I am glad that you acknowledged that it was not the best way to leave a game.
No hard fealings :)
Feb 23, 2020 7:22 pm
Glad to hear you're alright and back, JackJack! Let me know if you want to continue in Chicago by Night.

Edit: I checked and I never kicked you, so you can jump in. We can do a side-thing of what you were up to in the night or two Aiden missed.
Last edited February 23, 2020 7:44 pm
Feb 23, 2020 7:27 pm
JackJack says:
Hello, I used to be more active on here a couple months ago, but with moving, and my own mental health I went MIA for a while, I apologize for this, and would like to become active again, but feel pretty badly about disappearing. How should I go about that, and also if you were in a game by me I apologize for my disappearance.
Dude, who am I to judge? I'm nobody.
Would I dare try to take vengeance? no, I don't have that right.
I have been in your shoes, and all I can say is "keep taking your meds, and pray for wisdom before you post."
Those who do have the right to be angry with you; have every right to express that. We have to take our hard knocks, and learn from them.
We must remind ourselves of our faults, and constantly work at bettering ourselves for the here and now.

but who am I to talk? As I said, I have been in your shoes, and might one day wear them again.
Feb 23, 2020 7:58 pm
Welcome back, JackJack! Glad to hear things are going well enough that you can play here again.
Feb 23, 2020 9:48 pm
I've played under you, and had you as a player, JackJack. I'd do either again.
Feb 23, 2020 10:24 pm
Welcome back JackJack,

I must say that the strength you have show to post here what you have is nothing short of amazing, and so is the response from the group. Makes me a proud member of this community.
Last edited February 23, 2020 10:24 pm
Feb 24, 2020 2:19 am
Thank you everyone for your kind words I will be trying to get back into exactly what being back looks like, as a player and GM.

Len

Feb 24, 2020 3:46 am
Welcome back JackJack!
Feb 24, 2020 3:47 am
Welcome back! Glad to hear that things have improved for you :)
Feb 24, 2020 5:11 pm
Welcome back my dude!
Perhaps take things a bit slower to get back into the swing of things until!!!

Also welcome back !
and again!
Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm
Welcome back, JackJack. We've never had the pleasure of being GM-player or player-player, but I understand all too well the MH side of things (I have chronic depression).
Feb 24, 2020 8:56 pm
Welcome back. Glad you are alright. I think most of us have been in your shoes at one point. We'll al be happy to game with you again!
Feb 25, 2020 4:09 am
this is truly a kind community and I was very nervous about coming back thank you everyone.
Feb 26, 2020 4:44 pm
RL comes first, always. And mental health is ALWAYS a priority, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, look at me, not like I've done much for the site in a while either. I hope things are looking at least a bit better, and welcome back!
Feb 26, 2020 5:18 pm
Welcome back!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.