Chapter 1, Day 4: Return to Drellin's Ferry

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 11, 2016 4:59 pm
You wake in the morning, rested and refreshed. Your next significant task is to transport the substantial stash of gold and dragon hide to Drellin's Ferry... As you debate how to proceed Jorr reminds you of an unfortunate fact, "While the bridge at the gorge is destroyed, that will only delay the advance of this hoard. They can still use the Old Forest road to cross into the woods, and their path will almost certainly bring them through Drellin's Ferry."
Feb 11, 2016 5:06 pm
Pawetha thinks back to the layout of the town and its militia. "Can Drellin's Ferry fend off such an army's advance?" she asks aloud. "No walls... only a river between hordes of hobgoblins supported by dragons and who knows what else?"
Feb 11, 2016 5:07 pm
"Shouldn't we warn people? Unless we want to take them all on ourselves..."
Feb 12, 2016 12:00 am
After remaining in quiet contemplation over the implicatins of dragons mixing with lesser races for some fiendish scheme for quite some time, I speak with only a simple statement supportive of my comrade's thoughts. "Yes, we should at the very least warn those in the most immediately danger. But what next? We have delayed their forces. How to eliminate this threat? That is our next course."
Feb 12, 2016 12:29 am
"It won't be by ourselves, that's for certain," says Pawetha. "We'd need an army of our own."

The ranger recalls the map. "There was an order to the Red Hand's march. The last location to attack was Brindol, which has walls. Presumably this is the seat of power in the region? We can warn everyone along the way, evacuate to Brindol or at least get word to whomever's in charge, and maybe they have, or can muster, an army."
Feb 16, 2016 7:47 pm
"Yeah, right, so we tell a bunch of people and warn them and then we go after the army?" I'm somewhat following her train of thought, but mostly I'm thinking about what part of the dragon to use as my trophy. What would look most impressive around my neck? Hmmmm.
Feb 17, 2016 3:52 am
"If Brindol has the best defenses, then we must look to move as many people there as quickly as possible," Zaris says, walking up to Paws. "What about Nimon Gap?" the wizard asks. "The map notations seem to indicate that they have no interest in that area. Perhaps we could shelter people there and hide them?" Zaris lets the question hang in the air. He turns back towards the remains of the dragon laying on the ground.
Feb 17, 2016 7:32 am
"The Red Hand has no interest in burning it to the ground, but that doesn't mean they won't pass through," says Pawetha. "The march is clearly marked along the Dawn Way, and I fear anyone caught in their path will meet a terrible end.

"Let's not forget that other settlements are noted. Their map would indicate that they're probably planning to attack Brindol from multiple sides. I'd guess they'd also come from the north along the Rhest Trail and take Witchcross, Red Rock, and Elsircross. Another force would hit from the south by first taking Dauth and Prosser. I think we'll need to warn Drellin's Ferry and see if they can't send any messengers to these far places, while we help evacuate the citizens.

"As for ourselves, maybe once we get things moving, we can act as skirmishers and scouts. Get some definite numbers and the composition of their army, and perhaps delay their advance by eliminating their officers, cutting their supply lines, or otherwise redirecting their approach similar to how we took down that bridge?"

Pawetha sighs and shakes her head, somewhat at a loss as she brainstorms ideas. She turns to Jorr. "Which way does the river run past Brindol and Drellin's Ferry? Could they expect the Red Hand to advance from the water?"
Feb 17, 2016 3:07 pm
Jorr shrugs, "The river cuts to the North of Brindol, passing north of Talir and directly through Elsircross. If they attack from Elsircross as you predict, they will likely reach it by water. We should continue this conversation as we return to Drellen's Ferry. This threat is such that any time spent idle means more lives lost."

The ranger begins to pack up his few things and prepare for the journey back through the woods to the town. He offers to help carry any wealth and valuables that he can, insisting that leaving anything behind will only provide fuel for the hoard.
OOC:
This is another way of me saying, any loot or goods you stored in the vault, you can bring them along at least to Drellen's Ferry. There you may have to sell, trade or arrange a proper wagon and horse or two for carrying your growing hoard.
Feb 17, 2016 9:06 pm
The trek back through the woods is uneventful. You arrive back in Drellen's Ferry in the mid afternoon. You return by the main road, and find the village peacefully alive with its daily routines, the inhabitants blissfully unaware of the hoard bearing down upon them..

Drellen's Ferry
OOC:
You are at the "I" in the top left corner of the map.
Feb 17, 2016 9:27 pm
A calm falls over Zaris as he walks back into the sounds of civilization, as limited as it is in a place as small as Drellen's Ferry. "Jorr, do you know anyone in town that may be able to muster a militia of sorts?" Zaris frowns slightly as he asks his question, already sensing the answer to be no.
Feb 17, 2016 9:39 pm
The ranger shrugs, "Haven't been in Drellen's for a long time I'm afraid." As he says it Zaris remembers Sorana, captain of the guard, had met with them when Norro Wiston, town speaker, had recruited them to deal with the aggressive hogoblin tribe.. he also recalls the speaker had requested that they keep the dawn way open... Either way, Sorana, or perhaps Wiston, would be the people to talk to about mustering a militia.
Feb 17, 2016 9:46 pm
"Wait, Jorr! Quiet!" Zaris shouts, tossing his head back in remembrance. "Sorana may have the connections we need." Zaris turns towards his comrades. "Who's coming with me to talk to Sorana?
Feb 17, 2016 11:11 pm
"We all may need to go," says Pawetha, hefting her pack and securing the weight. The load is starting to grind on her shoulders and she would be glad to find a reputable smith in this place. "Jorr, you know this area well enough to lend your thoughts on where the Red Hand would advance. We've also got these documents indicating their organization and some... oof, evidence of draconic beasts in alliance."
Feb 18, 2016 2:11 am
"Very well then. Let's get there sooner rather than later," Zaris replies.
Last edited February 18, 2016 2:12 am
Feb 18, 2016 9:31 pm
It having been decided you press on pass the small farms, take the hand-pulled ferry across the river. As you only visited the tavern and inn before, you had to ask where to find Sorana or Norro Wiston. None of the townsfolk or guards are certain where Sorana is, as she frequently visits the guards around the town - she's a very active captain of the guard. However, Norro is often at his home and you are directed there (building "3") on the map. You find two guards posted outside, but when they see you one goes inside and Norro steps out to greet you. He sends the other guard to fetch Sorana, and invites you in.

The house is modest, but nice. It is clear Norro is one of the more important people in Drellen's Ferry. You are seated around a small table, and his wife serves you each a warm cup of tea before returning to tending his children. He sits across from you and folds his hands, "So, what news have you?"
Feb 18, 2016 9:51 pm
"The name's Xara. We've killed a dragon to protect you fine folk, but I'm afraid there's an army coming. You might want to tell others to get prepared. What sort of tea is this?" I take a sip. "That's not too bad."
Last edited February 18, 2016 9:51 pm
Feb 19, 2016 2:10 am
Norro's brow furrows, "A dragon? I'm glad you made it through. I was not aware there were any in either the woods or the Wyrmsmoke mountains. An army though? That seems exaggerated. Certainly you mean no more than a hundred or so hobgoblins. With Soranna, and the miltia, and of course your help. You bested a dragon after all! We can defend the village." As he says that Soranna enters the building, behind her another woman. The second woman is tall, broad-shouldered and wears her blonde-grey hair pulled back in a single braid.

The guard captain nods, and takes a seat. The other woman sits beside her, announcing herself as Delora Zann, owner of the livery stable. Those of you who are aware of renowned adventurers recognize Delora's name almost immediately as the same name as one member of the Golden Drake Company. A now disbanded, but rather famous, group of adventurer's whose exploits you may have grown up hearing about.
Feb 19, 2016 3:06 am
"All hobgoblin tribes have gathered under the mantle of the Red Hand," says Pawetha, unfurling the map. "The dragon was working for the horde, and guarding the Skull Gorge Bridge to expedite the army's march." She jabs a finger at Vraath Keep and adds, "They had advance scouts performing reconnaissance right at your doorstep, and there are bugbears, worgs, and manticores in their ranks."
Feb 19, 2016 4:58 am
"Oh and we destroyed the bridge leading to their camp, which should slow them down a bit." I point vaguely in the area of where the bridge was on the map. "Want to come scout them out? We could probably take out at least half of 'em before they're on the move. Could be fun!"
Feb 19, 2016 1:00 pm
Norro furrows his brow, "Did you have to destroy the bridge? When things get back to normal, we'll need that bridge. There'll be no trade along the Dawn Way until we build a new one... Anyway, if you think you can defeat half of them before they march, it hardly sounds like they're the threat you make them out to be..."

Soranna and Delora share a knowing glance when Pawetha explains the threat and shows the map. Delora leans over and looks at it more carefully. Her face whitens the more she takes it in, "Norro, the druid is right. This is a war plan. There's hundreds of tribes in the Wyrmsmokes that we know of, probably hundreds that we don't. They're a large enough force that they plan to march to Brindol and sack it."

Norro's brow furrows more deeply, "We can't fight an army like that... Pelor save us. What are we to do?!"
Feb 19, 2016 1:09 pm
"Norro, I am Zaris Dalpherkiir," the wizard states warmly after a sip of his tea. He recrosses his legs on the chair and pushes back his cloak with his free hand. "In my years of study I have found an unsettling correlation between these hordes working with dragons and that most despicable creature Tiamat." He uncrosses his legs and leans forward in the chair. "I do believe it would be foolish not to take this situation most seriously."
Feb 19, 2016 1:14 pm
"Yes, ok. Well, I think for now you should rest. I need to talk to the other town elders, and until then nothing more can be done. I'll ask you to come speak to us, probably later tonight or tomorrow evening." He smiles weakly, stands and bows slightly, "Thank you again for your assistance."
Feb 19, 2016 1:19 pm
"Thank you Master Norro." I wish we could have returned with better news." Zaris rises and gives a short, respectful bow to his hosts. He turns to his comrades, "I need something to eat and a place to rest. I'll be at the Inn if anyone needs me."
Feb 19, 2016 3:01 pm
Zaris returns to the inn you stayed at when you first arrived. The serving staff recognizes you immediately, and provides a complimentary pint and plate of meat, bread and cheese. Any others who accompany him are similarly treated with generosity.
OOC:
Zaris, Pawetha and Xara all gain 1 inspiration for role playing.

You've got at least a half day before the council meeting. Anything specific you need or want to do?
Feb 19, 2016 4:33 pm
"Not even a 'thanks for taking out that dragon, we're so grateful, here's a bag of gold for your troubles.' What's up with that? I need a drink. You guys got any plans?"
Feb 19, 2016 4:43 pm
Pawetha looks to see if a reputable smith can be found. At the very least, to know how long it would take to craft one suit of armor and two weapons out of the dragon.
Feb 19, 2016 5:05 pm
Pawetha finds herself standing outside Morlin's Smithy (building "5"). Inside she finds a dwarf working the forge. When she enters he looks up, smiles, sets down his hammer and approaches, "Morlin Coalhewer, at your service."
Feb 19, 2016 7:04 pm
"I thank you kindly," Zaris says taking the plate of food. He walks to a small table in front of the fire and sits down. Frowning at the wooden fork he picks it up and begins rubbing it between his thumbs. After a minute of this he lays it down on the table, sprinkles a few grains of salt upon it, and then covers it with a napkin. When he removes the napkin, the wooden has changed(albeit for only a short amount of time) into a fork of silver. Smiling, he picks it up and begins to eat away at the meat and cheese on his plate.
Feb 19, 2016 7:39 pm
I take the bulk of my gold and do a bit of shopping before I join Zaris. Specifically, I'm looking for healing potions. I wouldn't want my team dying on me the next time we go dragon-hunting.
Feb 19, 2016 7:46 pm
Xara finds one source of healing potions on the east side of the river, Jarret Nurth, proud owner of Jarret's Sundries (building #11), a general goods store, has two potions of healing in stock and offers them to her for the standard price of 50 gold a piece. When she inquires about other sources of potions, he mentions that Avarthel, a druid, tends to the Old Ones on the west bank (area #19).
Feb 19, 2016 8:00 pm
"I'll take 'em, good man. I'm Xara. Remember the name- I could save your life one day!" I give him a wink and head towards the druid's location.
OOC:
In case it wasn't clear, Xara did a bit of skimming off the top the last time she divided up the gold. I listed that amount as 'party gold' on my sheet and will be using that to make any purchases for the group since being a leader means making decisions for other people and stuff.
Feb 19, 2016 9:14 pm
I return to the inn with Zaris, awaiting the decision of the town elders. After eating, I become lost in thought over the threats to this region.
Feb 19, 2016 10:37 pm
Pawetha looks over the dwarf's inventory as she speaks, gauging the smith's skill. "I am looking for an armorer, Sir Coalhewer," she says. "One with an affinity for working with specialized material. Also someone that could work rather quickly, as there would seem to be a bit of a rush given the circumstances."

After sweeping the walls, Pawetha rests her gaze back upon the dwarf. "Are you that armorer which I seek?"
Feb 19, 2016 11:28 pm
The smith nods, "Certainly I am. With speed comes greater cost, and often lower quality mind you." After Pawetha explains what they have his eyes light up, the opportunity to work with Dragon is rare. He explains that he could forge a new suit of armour in a week, and a weapon in three days. If, instead she wanted her existing armour modified he could do it in four days. With a bit of extra incentive, he could do two items at once and put other contracts on hold.
Feb 20, 2016 1:12 am
Pawetha nods. "I will return," she says, gathering up the supplies and leaving the shop. The ranger heads off to find Xara.
Feb 20, 2016 1:44 am
Pawetha catches Xara as she boards the little ferry and prepares to cross to the West Bank. Climbing onto the ferry, the two have several minutes to discuss matters as the horses slowly pull the barge across the river.
Feb 20, 2016 2:05 am
"Xara, I need some coin," Pawetha says plainly. "There's a smith in town that can put all other work on hold to make you one suit of armor and two weapons, but he needs incentive."
Feb 20, 2016 3:29 am
"Like we hold his family for ransom incentive? I mean, I don't usually go that route but if you want it that badly..."
Feb 20, 2016 3:34 am
"Monetary incentive," explains Pawetha. "I think the scales will suit you."

Pawetha lowers her eyelids at Xara and says, conspiratorially and with a slight smile, "Eh, dragon slayer?"
Feb 22, 2016 4:00 am
I grin. "That was fun, wasn't it?? Not every day you kill a dragon, I always say. So glad you were able to share in that moment with my team. You know what, let's go see this armorer of yours. How much you need? Maybe I'll come across some full pockets along the way..." I've already forgotten what I set out to do.
Feb 22, 2016 12:33 pm
Returning to the smith, he is impressed by the quality of the scale, hide and bone. "This will be a pleasure to work with. If speed is what you want, though, I'll need to put other work on hold. How about 100 gold per item you'll have me make. Also, if you want the armour swiftly, I'll need a suit to modify that is already fitted for whomever this scaled hide will be for."
Feb 22, 2016 2:22 pm
Upon seeing Kaiakas enter the Inn, Zaris waves slightly to him.
Feb 22, 2016 3:50 pm
Taking the wave as an invitation, I sit with Zaris for the evening.
Feb 22, 2016 8:02 pm
"A little bit more perilous then the time you saved me from those orcs, isn't my friend?" Zaris says, recounting the time the two first met. "I personally don't see how we have enough to stop a force like this."
Feb 22, 2016 8:25 pm
I wearily rub my chin when Zaris brings up our initial meeting. "Aye. It is worrisome. I find that my faith can do a great many things, but I am still only a small conduit of Tyr's mighty righteousness." I let out a long sigh and ponder for a moment. "If forces to combat the coming tide cannot be raised here, then we must find then elsewhere. The problem lies in if we will be leaving Drellin's Ferry defenseless. For the greater good, we must."
Feb 22, 2016 8:47 pm
"That seems reasonable, friend. Paws- what sort of pointy are you in the mood for? You think Z, Kai, or Jorr want anything? I mean, they kinda stood there and watched you gut that dragon and didn't say anything, so maybe not...?" They don't seem to care much about coin OR glory, so what makes them tick exactly? Hard to say.
Last edited February 22, 2016 8:48 pm
Feb 23, 2016 5:56 pm
"Short swords are easily portable and useful," says Pawetha. "Jorr deserves something; his knowledge of the area proved invaluable and saved us a lot of time."
Feb 24, 2016 2:29 pm
"Jorr you say, that ol' woodsman? Seen him by this way a few times. The man rarely comes into Drellen's, but when you need a blade sharpened you need a blade sharpened. I can't say I'd expect him to want a bit o' dragon, but who'm I, I barely know the fella'. It'll take me some time to work the armour and short sword, so if you leave me your studded leather and the material I can get started. Then, tomorrow or the day after, you can check up on the progress and let me know what else you'd like me ta' make with the rest of it." He smiles, "Course I'll also be needin' the incentive for the first two pieces." You can tell the smith is eager to get to work on this.
Feb 24, 2016 5:17 pm
Pawetha takes a subtle step backward, allowing Xara to make the call.
Feb 25, 2016 1:14 am
"To the greater good," Zaris says, raising his glass for a toast. He downs the rest of his drink, packs his books up into his bag and turns towards the door. "I need to find a shop dealing in the Art, if one exists in this town." He frowns slightly. "I'll be back in awhile."
OOC:
Any magic shops in town??
Last edited February 25, 2016 4:13 pm
Feb 25, 2016 6:27 am
"Alright, so 100 upfront for the 3 items, and the rest when they're done? Or maybe another hundred when we see how you're progressing and the rest when it's done? How does that sound?"
Feb 25, 2016 1:05 pm
The smith nods, "That sounds agreeable. Come back in three days and I'll have finished the short sword."
OOC:
Zaris, you had visited with the local dealer in the arcane on your way through town. You sought information from Sentiern the Wise about the holy symbol you found on the goblin ambushers. He, as it also turns out, is a quite capable wizard. There is also the druid Avarthel, who people say can brew a cure for any ailment.
Feb 25, 2016 1:33 pm
"Great!" I hand over my armor and 100 gold, and ask for a dagger or two to be made in addition to the short sword, assuming there are enough materials to do so.
Feb 25, 2016 1:34 pm
The smith nods, "A dagger? I'll see what I can do. Should be able to get two with the bone after I finish the sword."
Feb 25, 2016 4:14 pm
Zaris walks through town greeting those he passes and thinking to himself how blissful ignorance can be. I wonder when they will find out what is happening around them he muses to himself as he approaches the building belonging to Sentiern the Wise. He knocks firmly on the door and awaits an answer.
Feb 25, 2016 4:27 pm
Not Sentiern, but a young boy, opens the door. When Zaris asks after the home owner, the boy informs him that he is out speaking with Norro. He asks if there is anything he can do, as he is both familiar with the goods Sentiern stocks, and can also take orders on behalf of the wizard to relay to him when he returns.
OOC:
Available here are 1st and 2nd level spell scrolls - one use instances of any 1st or 2nd level wizard spell usable only by a Wizard. Scrolls costs is spell level*75. A mixture of potions, such as a potion of invisibility (as the spell, 150 gold), levitate (as the spell, 75 gold), growth (as the spell, 50 gold), and energy resistance (choose acid, fire or electricity when you purchase, 75 gold each). No potions of healing.
Feb 25, 2016 4:33 pm
"Need anything else while we're in town, or should we take a break? A little relaxation never hurt anyone."
Last edited February 25, 2016 4:34 pm
Feb 25, 2016 4:36 pm
"I'm fine," says Pawetha. "You were going somewhere across the water?"
Feb 25, 2016 4:56 pm
"Was I? Oh hey, need one of these?" I hold out one of the healing potions. "I've got another one, just in case."
Feb 25, 2016 4:58 pm
"Yes, actually," admits Pawetha. "Drank my only one during that fight with the dragon; another will come in handy." If given, Pawetha slips the potion into her belongings.

"If you're going to relax now, I'll join you."
Feb 25, 2016 5:23 pm
While Zaris, Xara and Pawetha take care of errands on the eastern side of the river, an odd creature arrives at the guard post from the woods on the west side of the river. As the dragonborn monk approaches, the two guards on duty step to block the path and stand as if ready to draw their swords, "Standfast stranger, what brings you to Drellen's Ferry?"

Drellen's Ferry Map
OOC:
You are at the "I" in the top left corner, the rest of the party is on the east side of the river so you won't interact quite yet.
Feb 25, 2016 8:34 pm
"I am Ghunril of Clan Ophinshtalajiir, my route back to my clan was cut off by a horde of Hobgoblins. I must speak to your town Elders immediately." I collect myself with the ease of someone used to his pack and wait for the guards to follow my instructions.
Feb 25, 2016 8:48 pm
"To the taverns, for a proper meal!"
Feb 25, 2016 9:19 pm
The guards exchange a worried glance, then one says, "I'll escort you to the inn. The elders are discussing news from a group of adventurers what went into woods to deal with a hobgoblin tribe. They'll be able to hear your, uh, petition, when they are done." With that the one guard points down the road, suggesting that Ghunril will go first, and when he does the guard follows behind him. He, quite nervously, escorts the dragonborn to the little horse-pulled ferry. When they get there he whispers to one of the guards at the ferry, and they head back towards the checkpoint that the guard had left to escort Ghunril.

They cross the river and the guard shows Ghunril to the inn and tavern, stepping in behind Xara and Pawetha who have just settled in with Kaiakas and been served a complimentary plate of meat and cheese, along with a pint of ale.

The guard gestures towards a corner table, "You can wait there. I'll just, uh, wait here." The guard remains within arms reach of Ghunril, eyeing him without staring directly at him. A halfling woman carrying an empty tray approaches the table and smiles at the newcomer, "Haven't seen your kind 'ere 'fore. What'll ye have to drink?"
Feb 26, 2016 1:30 am
I notice the sidelong glance and hushed whispers of the guard and ferryman but pay them no heed. I've become used to other races being some what suspicious of my 6' 7", 375 lb frame. Even without armor and large weapons my talons tend to put people off an initial handshake. Keeping myself aloof is an easy way of dealing with it.

As we board the ferry I plant myself dead center on the small deck, Not scared, more commanding of the situation.

"Thank you for showing me to the elders. I'll have a mug of ale and whatever plate is being served." I say to the guard and serving girl respectively. I settle in and place my spears against the side of the table and my pack on the floor at my feet. Sitting straight as an arrow in my seat I wait patently without fidgeting for the fair to arrive.
Feb 26, 2016 4:48 pm
I turn towards the front door when I see the newcomer enter. "Well, this is going to be interesting." I wait for the dragonling to approach, perhaps to exact revenge on his fallen brethern. When he doesn't, I turn back towards Paws with a curious expression and say "What do you make of that? You think he knows...?" I take a moment to hide my dragon trinket in a pocket. I'm not ready for a fight but I can give him one if necessary.
Last edited February 26, 2016 4:49 pm
Feb 26, 2016 5:03 pm
"He's Dragonborn," says Pawetha, sparing Ghunril an passing assessment before returning to her meal. "Doubt he cares."
Feb 26, 2016 5:17 pm
"Seems like more than a coincidence that he's here now, so soon after we killed our friend on the bridge. Guess there's only one way to find out."

I stride over towards Ghunril's table. "The name's Xara, Dragonslayer. You may have heard whispers of my accomplishments. Most of them are true. The others will be true, they just haven't happened yet. These are my associates Pawetha and Kaiakas. What brings you to this fine establishment?"
Last edited February 26, 2016 5:31 pm
Feb 26, 2016 6:03 pm
"I greet you Xara, Dragonslayer. I am Ghunril of Clan Ophinshtalajiir. I have never had the pleasure of hearing your exploits though I am sure they are many. I am here to speak to the town elders. You do not have the look of a villager, my I inquire as to your purpose here at Drellin's Ferry? I take no notice of Xara's use of the Dragonslayer monicer.
Feb 28, 2016 1:56 am
Deep in contemplation, I don't notice the newcomer at first. His response to Xara is what catches my attention. Green scales. It's difficult to believe what I'm seeing, but no matter how much I try to will away any illusions, it's all right there in front of me. I don't even know what he's said. My lips curl into a snarl as I glare at the newcomer and ready my posture and weapon, rest to strike when need be.
Feb 28, 2016 3:43 am
"It is true, I am not from here. I am a traveler. I've come to save this village from the many dangers that threaten it. You say you are here to speak to the town elders. I know them well. Perhaps if you tell me what business you have with them, I can assist with making introductions. Might I ask who sent you to represent their interests?"
Feb 28, 2016 8:01 am
Pawetha busies herself with her meal, tearing the meat with her teeth and digging into the plate.
Mar 1, 2016 4:41 pm
"A very noble cause and I thank you for your offer of an intruduction but I'm sure the fine guardsman can perform his task admirably. My news is of a somewhat sensitive nature."
Mar 1, 2016 4:57 pm
"How mysterious," Pawetha says, somewhat sarcastically, into her mug between gulps. While somewhat dismissive of the dragonborn's self-proclaimed secret missive, her eyes study the large creature over the rim of her cup with renewed interest.
Mar 1, 2016 5:09 pm
A guard enters the inn and approaches. He informs you all that the council will meet at the break of day to discuss the course of action. At that time they will also see the Dragonborn. In the meantime you can all rest and enjoy food and drink at no charge.
Mar 2, 2016 12:38 am
"I'm in need of some scrolls," Zaris states to the young boy. He reaches into his cloak for a small notebook and begins to flip through it until a certain page grabs his attention. "Invisibility, spider climb, and Expeditious Retreat if you have them." He closes the book and opens his pouch to put the platinum pieces down. "Is 450 gp enough?"
Mar 2, 2016 2:24 pm
Hearing the guard address my group along with the newcomer confuses me. Remembering the "mob justice" of my childhood, I relax a little in my chair, reserving judgement for now.
OOC:
I'm drawing a complete blank on what to say. :p I'm just going to stare at Ghunril, stalking him if he goes anywhere. If he gets a room, I pay attention to what room.
Mar 2, 2016 2:26 pm
The boy nods, "I'll have the master prepare the scrolls and deliver them to you tomorrow."
Mar 2, 2016 5:31 pm
Pawetha finishes her meal, wiping the back of her hand across her mouth and smearing fat along her cheek. "Well met, Ghunril Dragonborn," she says flatly. "I suspect your sensitive news aligns with our reports, but we shall see when we meet the council tomorrow."

She turns and tosses a coin to the bartender. "Another drink for Scales there," she says. "Something strong enough to loosen the staff stuck in his back." The ranger heads to her assigned room to turn in.
Mar 2, 2016 6:12 pm
I show a bit of frustration at the new that the Elders won't be meeting with me today. "Well, since it looks like we have the evening, would you care to join me? You had mentioned several exploits that we could wile away the time with." I relax slightly into my chair and gesture to Xara.

"Your friends are more than welcome as well, though I don't have the pleasure of your name?" I nod at the other table and raise my tankard in a small salute. I look expectantly at Pawetha.
Last edited March 2, 2016 6:15 pm
Mar 3, 2016 3:42 am
"Thank you my boy," Zaris says, bowing slightly. "I'll be at the Inn on the other side of the river for the night."
Mar 3, 2016 3:44 am
I sit down and casually lean back in my chair, waving towards Paws' retreating form. "Don't mind her. We've had a long day. You know what? How about we make this simple. Are you working with the goblins or not and are you here because of the dragon? Because yes, I killed him. I even kept a little trinket for myself." I show him the little bit of bone and tooth dangling around my neck. I should probably have someone properly clean it up. In any case, I watch him carefully to gauge his reaction while subtly meeting Kaiakas' gaze in the hopes that he will understand my intent. I then lean forward and smile, one hand under my chin and the other idly twisting a dagger into the table in front of this mysterious one. "What is that information, to you?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Mar 3, 2016 3:04 pm
Seeing Xara's interaction with the dragonborn, I nod slightly to her, approvingly.
Mar 3, 2016 4:25 pm
Chuckling softly at Xara's bluntness, "Thank you for your directness. No, I am not in league with the goblins, they are despicable creatures that should be wiped off the face of the planet for the crimes against my tribe. And it is apparent that you know little about my kind. Even though we were created from dragons we have no affinity for them and much like all races the individual should be judged on their actions not their race. If indeed this dragon was in league with the horde that is approaching it deserved to die in what ever manner you dispatched it in.

The approaching goblin horde is actually the business I must discuss with the town elders, the fact that they had a dragon makes the situation even more dire."
I take a large swig of ale to clear my throat and wait for Xara's reply.
Mar 3, 2016 5:43 pm
Hearing what the newcomer had to say, I cringe, realizing I was doing just what others had done to me and my family. Ashamed, I walk over and introduce myself to home. "Greetings, Ghundril, was it? I am Kaiakas, friend to Xara, the dragon slayer." I give her a sly wink. "Just as we feared you were an agent of the dragons, I have been accused of trafficking with demons." I let out a sigh of resignation. "But no matter. It seems our business is connected. I look forward to our meeting with the counsel in the morning. Now if you'll excuse me, morning will arrive sooner than we might think."
Mar 3, 2016 6:13 pm
I give him a smile and carve a little X into the table before putting my dagger away. "Great! Glad to clear the air! Welcome to this fine town. I'd love to hear more about you and your tribe, but I've eaten and drunk my fill and it's time for some shut eye. I also look forward to our meeting in the morning! Til then!"
Last edited March 3, 2016 8:28 pm
Mar 3, 2016 6:21 pm
"Agreed, Kaiakas, it is easy to misjudge based on appearances alone. I also look forward to our meeting with the elders to hear about your encounters with the approaching horde." I nod to him and turn to Xara as I finish off my tankard "I look forward to exchanging stories." With that I stand and gather my spears and retire to my room.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.