Hi Everyone

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 6, 2020 12:44 pm
Hi - Just joined this site.

I used to play AD&D in the early 80s till the late 80s at which point me and my group of friends moved on to Warhammer roleplay for another 10 years or so.

In the meantime work and family commitments got in the way and I was limited to PC games. Over twenty years later one of my friends DM'd a D&D 5th ed game, which was great fun and I learned of this site from him the other day.

I don't really know what I'm doing yet re: how the system works etc but look forward to learning. Gaming with people, whether face to face or by E-mail, is much more fun than a PC game.

Mike
Mar 6, 2020 1:06 pm
Hello and welcome.
Mar 6, 2020 1:11 pm
Hey there! Welcome to GP
Mar 6, 2020 1:19 pm
Welcome :)
Mar 6, 2020 1:43 pm
Welcome Mike! System mastery is rarely required for any game here, and you often have a few hours to look up a rule when you feel you need to. Many GMs will run games they have only passing familiarity with knowing that they have mouth more time than at a table... Okay, maybe not many, I mean I don't have stats or pie charts, but certainly me and a few others.
Mar 6, 2020 1:48 pm
That's right speaking from experience, or is that inexperience...

Welcome! New players can feel right at home here.
Mar 6, 2020 2:07 pm
Welcome to the community, Mike!

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

New games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Mar 6, 2020 2:31 pm
Welcome Mike.
Mar 6, 2020 3:19 pm
Welcome on board Mike! I'm really enjoying the games and the forum here - great to see you've joined
Mar 6, 2020 3:21 pm
Hi Mike, welcome!
Mar 6, 2020 4:30 pm
Welcome!
Mar 6, 2020 5:48 pm
Welcome!
Mar 7, 2020 1:48 pm
Hello !!

Len

Mar 22, 2020 6:53 am
Welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.