Scene 1

load previous
Feb 27, 2016 5:26 pm
'"Two man lift, whatever it is." Lo thinks as Mr. J specifies the weight of the package. Focusing back on the location of the distribution center that Max provided, Lo tries to remember what relevant gang activity occurs in that area.

Seeing Max's text come in, Lo simply replies: AGREED!
OOC:
I'll make a street knowledge check. Which I think works out to be 4+6[4]

Rolls

10d6 - 4 hits max. - (10d6)

(2122414443) = 27

Mar 1, 2016 1:53 pm
At Andy's question, Vinyl speaks up, "You call me when the job's done. I'll contact Mr. Johnson here and set up a drop off. Once he verifies the package he'll wire payment to me and I'll hand it off to you."
Mar 1, 2016 3:53 pm
Andy nods her thanks, and looks to Rinse.
Mar 1, 2016 4:10 pm
SEEMS SIMPLE ENOUGH. WE DONE? I'M GETTING HUNGRY FOR MY BUFFALO CHICKEN SUBSTITUTE SANDWICH
Mar 2, 2016 12:18 pm
Seeing that no one else on the team has any questions, Rinse starts to wrap up the deal. He gives the Jay a professional smile that he had honed during his years as a chef.

"Okay, we have all the info we need. We'll be in touch."

Rinse tried to keep the meeting quick and quiet. There are too many people at a fully packed sports bar that could be watching and/or listening in. Missing the secrecy of the Cherry Lounge, he makes a mental note to ask Vinyl why a better location was not chosen.
OOC:
What day of the week is it right now?
Last edited March 2, 2016 12:19 pm
Mar 2, 2016 2:40 pm
OOC:
It is Monday evening.
As the meet begins to draw to a close, Vinyl clears his throat conspicuously. "Mr. Johnson has offered a fee of 25,000¥ for completion of this job." Johnson nods at Vinyl and then at the group as he rises from the table. The bodyguard by the door seems to have never let his attention waver as the meeting went on. With one final look around the room, the large man precedes his charge through the door and the pair are gone.

With the financiers of your job gone, Vinyl sighs and turns to address the group. "I know some of you haven't been in the shadows very long. Some free advice from an old runner: never forget to ask what you're being paid. You just might end up doing a job for free." His wisdom dispensed, Vinyl smiles showing off his long teeth. "How about we order some grub?"
Mar 2, 2016 4:16 pm
Andy smiles at the orc, "That's what you're for, Vinyl!" She orders a buffalo chicken substitute sandwich and protato wedges, with a Jolt, all to-go.
OOC:
Seriously, I thought a Fixer handled everything, including finances.
Mar 2, 2016 4:26 pm
OOC:
it depends on your relationship with the fixer. some teams would rather hash that out themselves, some teams (and johnsons) prefer to have the fixer hold all the money until job completion, some have the johnson set the price with the fixer and the team can try to negotiate for more based on how dangerous or time consuming the job sounds
WIZ! WE GOT A JOB! SO WHAT'S THE STRATEGY, CHUMMERS? I WOULD SUGGEST LETTING ME HACK THE DISTRIBUTION CENTER, SEE IF I CAN GET DATA ON WHICH TRUCK AND ROUTE WE'RE LOOKING AT

F4d30ut starts to get excited about infiltrating nodes and grabbing sensitive information, much like a Jedi Shadow skulking in the darkness ready to dispatch the enemies of the Jedi Council.
Mar 3, 2016 12:14 am
"Take away, Andy?" Lo laments as he gestures to the unfinished hockey game "Probably better, we should get on this as soon as possible."

Stomach growling Lo orders himself two plain chicken-sub-subs to go.

SOOONR TE BETER! Lo responds to Max as he orders a plain substitute chicken sandwich and a water to go.
Mar 3, 2016 12:23 am
"It's for F4d3," explains Andy, leaning back against the booth seat back. "I already ate."
Mar 3, 2016 1:52 am
Lo perks up a bit realizing he may be able to watch some more of the game and changes the take away status of his order.
Mar 3, 2016 2:54 am
Andy is loathe to openly discuss the details of their plan in such a public place, as much as she would not want to eat Sideliner's wings. She texts F4d30ut with a request to search for specifications of the types of vehicles used by North American Freight, specifically if they can be hacked or rigged.
Mar 3, 2016 2:59 am
f4d30ut does a basic search for information that should be readily available in the matrix, or at least mentioned in various matrix hangouts he frequents.

Rolls

matrix search (limit 5) - (9d6)

(525135163) = 31

Mar 7, 2016 8:58 am
OOC:
Guess we aren't rigging a hockey game, dang! I really just came up with that as a way to distract F$d30ut, but he left the bar before I got the chance.
"Call me an elitist, but I'll pass on the food. We got some time before we'll need to intercept the package, we should pay a visit to this 'Intelligent Systems' company to see what they make."

Rinse makes sure his civilian clothes cover the armor he's wearing underneath, and heads outside to look up basic information on the companies the Jay mentioned: Intelligent Systems, North American Freight, and the Tacoma Distribution Center. Specifically the locations, phone numbers, and office hours of each.
OOC:
If the companies are located in Tacoma, I'm gonna try to talk to them to get some more info. We can figure out what Intelligent Systems makes that would fit in that box, and maybe even get a tracking number if my con skills are up to par.
Mar 7, 2016 7:40 pm
Once the food order is ready, Andy excuses herself to deliver it to the van and the waiting decker. "Thanks for the job, Vinyl," she says to the orc, before she leaves. To the others at the table, "We riding straight from here, or are we heading back to the shop? And we're only taking one ride, right?"
Mar 7, 2016 11:25 pm
"Shop!" Lo answers between bites. "I think I'm going to want to have some of my real gear with me..."
Mar 8, 2016 6:55 pm
Max thanks Andy for the food when she brings it out to her and digs in, savoring the processed food and slurping down the over caffeinated, sugar loaded soda. While eating, he continues to communicate with the team.

OK, SO WHAT'S OUR PLAN? WE HEAD TO ANDY'S, THEN OFF TO THE BUSINESS, YEAH?
Mar 8, 2016 7:36 pm
Andy's drone returns to her and she turns it off before tucking it into her overalls. As the team finishes their business, she casually walks to her van and slides into the driver's seat after making her delivery. She makes a mental note to air out the vehicle after F4d30ut's meal when she has time.
Mar 10, 2016 3:27 am
OOC:
Waitin' on what contact info Rinse can pull up on the companies, but otherwise I'll follow everyone back to Andy's shop.
Mar 10, 2016 4:10 am
OOC:
and I am also making a search
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.