Session 1: Before the RPS Tournament

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 16, 2016 10:20 pm
It's a cold, early Monday morning. Boss Floyd is still asleep in his room, he wanted to get a full night rest before his busy day today.

As professional maids, you are all awake, fully geared up, and ready to go.

The large clock in the middle of the common room ticks away and shows that it is 0457 AM.

What do you do?

See the "Hotel Tour" thread for the daily schedule and the map of the hotel
Feb 17, 2016 12:56 am
With a hand over her mouth Akita yawned as she waited outside the Boss's room. Fanged teeth jutted out mentally thinking of breakfast and coffee some time in the future after the morning routine. Her ears twitched and her tail swayed as she looked down at her watch and nodded. Rolling her neck and shoulders she was knocked on the door to the Master's bedroom sharply. She'd wait for a reply but if not she'd wait and open the door after some time.

Time to go to work. she thought to herself.
Last edited February 17, 2016 12:56 am
Feb 17, 2016 2:20 am
Kohaku is in the gym doing her stretches. She is dressed in sky blue lycra spandex shorts and top with a white jersey and basket ball shorts over the top. She is counting on the other maids to get Master Floyd out of bed. Kohaku has planned a few different routines, unsure what his normal plans are. First stretching, then some brisk cardio, followed by weights. She is also prepared for sparring in boxing, kendo and judo if needed.
Feb 17, 2016 3:00 am
You hear some muffled grumbling from inside the master bedroom, looks like you'll have to take some strong actions to wake him up.

AKA: Roll some dice! I'll post Floyd's responses as they happen, and dole out favor after about a day. If you don't regularly post you might miss out on some opportunities.
Feb 17, 2016 4:24 am
Rina sets about the task of preparing some much-needed supplies for the morning ritual. First she makes her way to the kitchen to set a pot of coffee boiling, and then proceeds to the laundry room to retrieve fresh towels for both the morning workout and the following shower, ensuring that they are prepared in advance, silently slipping in and out of the gym, leaving only a neatly folded towel as a sign of her presence.

Returning to the kitchen, she retrieves the coffee and china, along with several bottles of water and places them on a serving tray, and makes her way to the Master Bedroom, where she greets Akita--seemingly appearing from nowhere. Despite the light blues and rich reds of her uniform, it seems that she is the epitome of the unseen servant. "Good morning," she states, smoothly balancing the tray in one hand, raising her hand in greeting with the other. "It seems the Master is still in bed.." She checks her watch, and nods. "Ah. That would explain it." she mutters, nodding again.

Rina sits there staring at her watch for a long pause before nodding to Akita, and letting herself into the bedroom. "Master Floyd, it's time for your wakeup call." she says, all the while placing the tray on a nightstand and pouring, and presenting, a cup of coffee.
Last edited February 17, 2016 4:30 am

Rolls

Skill roll to wake up Floyd (Skill, 4) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Feb 17, 2016 10:43 am
Floyd's bed has transformed into a ball of sheets and pillows over night, and you can't quite make out where he is in the whole mess. However, his head begins to emerge at the scent of coffee.

"Cawfee, gud... gud cawfee"

He eagerly reaches for the cup of coffee provided by Rina, and begins to take a tentative sip.
Feb 17, 2016 1:32 pm
Akita watches as Rina enters and follows suit soundlessly. "As expected of the Boss, he knows the benefits of coffee prework out." Akita states looking at the time and around after he's taken a sip, "My apologies sir it seems one of your maids is not present yet to wake you before your morning gym workout routine begins. I will try and remind her about the protocol of a Maid's duty to her Master. We should get you ready sir you have a busy schedule today."

Rolls

Morning Greeting with flattery and throwing the third maid under the bus (Cunning 4) - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Feb 17, 2016 11:07 pm
"Akita, please do not speak to poorly of Kohaku. I'm sure she's trying her hardest." She raises a finger and clears her throat. "If one judges a fish by its ability to climb a tree, they will believe all fish to be idiots. Certain people simply are not made for certain jobs. In this case, she has taken the liberty of preparing the gym for Master Floyd's arrival. I, for one, applaud her foresight."

Rolls

Attempting the remove Kohaku from under the bus, Affection 3 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Feb 18, 2016 12:34 am
"I do not apologize if it offends you but Kohaku is a maid to Boss "Pretty Boy" Floyd at the esteemed Maple Leaf Hotel. Her actions reflect on her master and making the Boss look bad is never good. Regardless of if a fish is told to climb a tree if we are the fish we need to evolve if it is the Master's request." Akita states in her typical monotone voice when talking about being a maid her eyes glossing over slightly. "The Master's Orders are Absolute. Plus he's the best." she adds with a clenched fist her nostrils flare slightly as if very proud of the fact and her ears are erect, her tail swishes back and forth rapidly as if stating the most powerful form of martial arts in the world belongs to their master only. If she was in an anime series the background would change to explosions at this point.
OOC:
Whoops forgot my Affection is 3 in the roll details.
Last edited February 18, 2016 12:35 am

Rolls

Goes full Fangirl over the Boss I guess Affection as well - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Feb 18, 2016 10:54 am
(First, the contest over who woke up the boss)

Floyd groggily stares at Akita attempting to comprehend what she was telling him, but he quickly turns back to the cup of coffee.

"Hmm yes, that's nice Akit-AHH! What is this?! Is this even coffee?! Is this the drink of the gods?!"

He readily gulps down the rest of the cup. He doesn't seem to have noticed what Akita was saying.

"This is the best coffee I've had in my entire life, you should get a raise for this! Gahahaha!.... Well, maybe not that far."

Rina's 24 > Akita's 16! Akita takes 6 points of stress from being ignored!
For successfully waking up the Boss, Rina gains 1d6 favor! (Just roll it on your next post)

Floyd jumps out of bed and begins to get in his workout gear, leaving his bed left a mess. He quickly slips on a white v-neck and fuchsia basketball shorts. While lacing up his running shoes, he overhears Rina and Akita's discussion.

"That's a good attitude Akita. We serve some of the most important guests in the world at my hotels, so there's no room for error. A hotel guest won't care if you are fish, cat, or whatever! The only thing they will know is that they didn't get a 'Good morning~~' from their maid!"

He emphasizes this point by battering his eyelashes and miming a curtsy. He's surprisingly good at curtsying, so you take mental notes on his form and posture.

"Either way, whoever ruins my reputation will find themselves 'disappeared' the next day. You're a skilled employee Rina, I expected you to know this already."

Akita's 18 > Rina's 6! Rina takes 6 points of stress from being scolded.
For showing her loyalty to Pretty Boy Floyd, Akita gains 1d4 favor!

He nods to himself while stretching his arm over his chest and rotates his torso. He then delivers a few jabs into the air while lightly bounding on his feet.

"Maybe you can keep up with me and Kohaku and the gym this time! Gahaha! ... Actually I'm not sure I can even keep with her myself."

While pondering this question, he leaves the master bedroom and heads for the gym.
Feb 18, 2016 1:23 pm
Akita's tail twirls from the sudden praise and puts a hand over her mouth and looks at Rina at the slight counseling given by the Master since it's something to take to heart. She nods agreeing with his words of wisdom at the job and duties of a maid.

"Understood Boosu, I will try and keep up with your greatness and be a maid worthy to serve such a man as you. I will join you shortly." she states her eyes burning and turning into small fireballs since she's all fired up before she bows and he makes his way to the gym.

With the boss out of ear shot Akita puts a hand over her mouth, "Ararara? Rina-san remember if a fish tried to climb a tree it would die first from lack of oxygen... Oh and the boss mentioned cats... I wonder why?" she states in a sideways manner around her hand. Her features take on a more cat like manner as she moves towards the bed. Using Mockery Ability - Adds +2 to Stress another maid took (Target Rina)

"Nyah! nyah nyah nyah nyah!" she says quickly trying to make the bed. After the workout the Boss might figure it would be a great idea to go back to sleep before taking a shower and going to all the meetings on a busy day schedule he had ahead of him. Once done she'd run to catch up.

Rolls

Senpai noticed me =3 Nyah (+1d4 Favor) - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Attempting to make the bed Skill 2 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Feb 19, 2016 2:04 am
"Your loyalty is admirable, Akita. I am sadly unable to match your enthusiasm. It would seem that my pride is still a weakness. I still find such a level of servitude to be embarassing." Rina states softly. It would almost sound sincere, if not for the haughty look in her eye. She stands, watching what she believes to be some kind of strange ritual conducted on the bed by her cat-eared compatriot and steps forward to assist her. "However, I will not allow for a minor disagreement in method to cause this manor to decline. That is not how one prepares a bed. Please watch carefully." she states, taking hold of the scattered covers and getting to work.

Rolls

Favor gain - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Assist with making the bed. Skill 4 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Feb 19, 2016 3:15 am
Floyd heads for the gym to find out what training regiment was prepared. Recently he's been interested in MMA matches, he's even made a fair bit of money from bets.

The morning air outside is still cold and damp, and the sky is tinted pink as the sun begins to rise.
Feb 19, 2016 2:39 pm
Kohaku has finished her stretches, and prepared water bottles and towels. She feels her ears burning and wonders who might be talking about her, but brushes it off as inconsequential. When she hears footsteps outside the gym, she gets over to the door and opens it for Master Floyd. She gives him a bow and a warm "Ohayō gozaimasu, Master Floyd! I hope you are well rested. I have prepared the gym for you. We shall start with stretching, as is always advised, then some cardio exercise to get your heart rate up. I am prepared for boxing, kendo, or judo practice today. Then we shall close out with some weight training. According to your regimine, today is a leg day. Shall we begin!"

While she was speaking Kohaku has lead Master Floyd into the open area of the room and sat him on the floor. She begins spotting him, making sure his form is correct and he does not over exert himself.
OOC:
I feel like this part is more of a skill than athletics, which will come later during the combat training.

Rolls

Skill check to help the Boss get ready for his training. (Skill 2) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Feb 21, 2016 1:59 am
As Kohaku is the only one at the gym, Floyd works with her for the entirety of the workout session. They are the only two at the gym, so their workout feels very close and personal.

"Good morning Kohaku! I see you are ready to go, as usual. Stretching and then cardio, got it. Then we get to spar! Let's do judo today, maybe today I will finally beat you! Gahahaha!"

Kohaku earns 1d6 favor for training with the boss!
She also earns 2d6 favor for creating a atmosphere of camaraderie during the workout!

Both Kohaku and Floyd work up a nice sweat while training, and finally the time comes for sparing. They both don their gis, and face off on a sparring mat. Everything is padded, so nothing will be hurt - except egos. Floyd is a little out of breath, but he still has plenty of energy.

"Gahaha, today you'll witness my special move, the 'Ole Razzle Dazzle'!"

Meanwhile, Rina and Akita are tidying up the master bedroom - unaware of the violent struggle about to take place at the gym. They could get to the gym in time for the sparring, or they could prepare other chores - like the bath or breakfast.

Rina and Akita each earn 1d3 favor for doing simple housework!

All of your maid instincts are tingling. You get the feeling that there will be a catastrophic event in the near future that will affect the master.

Rolls

Giving Kohaku the Ole Razzle Dazzle! (Athletics 2) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

??? - (2d6)

(15) = 6

Feb 21, 2016 10:59 pm
Spending Favor for a random event.

Finishing with saving the cat from her own incom--that is, assisting her in housework, Rina begins to make aimless rounds around the manor.

Rolls

Random Event cost - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Gaining favor from bed - (1d3)

(1) = 1

Feb 22, 2016 12:47 am
The young maid is at first taken aback when the master suggests Judo. It is an art she studied since leaving school to protect herself in the world. The close, potentially intimate, contact the lock and hold based sport level the playing field between her small stature and the statistically larger assailants, but she had suggested it. 'I cannot turn back now!' she thinks to herself as she tries not to let herself blush.

Kohaku also knows that beating the boss handily is not a good idea, but letting him win isn't going to teach him anything. She does everything she can to instruct and critiques without being overly critical, keeping the lesson fun.

Occasionally she stops and demonstrates a techniques, letting Master Floyd try it on her then when the sparring continues, giving him the opening and opportunity to incorporate the new lesson. When he does she acknowledges the good move with a "Well done, sir!" and chides him softly when he misses them, "Ah, I got you there. keep your eyes open."
Last edited February 22, 2016 1:02 am

Rolls

Rolling for earned favor - (3d6)

(632) = 11

Athletics to actually spar (Athletics 3) - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Feb 22, 2016 3:28 am
Rina checks her watch during her rounds and nods to herself, knowing she has a towel prepared in the bathroom already. She then stops and jumps. The soap needed restocking! She rushes to the bathroom to rectify this oversight and, while she is at it, draw the bath.

Rolls

Preparing the bath, Skill 4 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Feb 22, 2016 8:15 am
Boss Floyd attempts his 'Razzle Dazzle', which involves a lot of twirling and shouting. However, Kohaku easily out maneuvers him and flips him over on his back several times. Even though she took it easy on him, his pride was still hurt. Though, he knows Kohaku is a pure maid, so she'd never intentionally hurt him...maybe.

Kohaku's 15 > Floyd's 6! Floyd takes 7 points of stress!

"Gah..haha-" COUGH "...looks like this is your win, Kohaku. Well done!"

Kohaku helps the master back to his feet, and he begins to hobble off with a small tear in his eye.

"I think I'll take a soak in the tub, tell the others that we'll have breakfast after I get out."

Just a quick note, all of your rooms have their own small bathrooms - but the master bathroom is the only one with the ultra-luxe bathtub! It has and AI installed for the sole purpose of regulating temperatures, and it has 8 waster jets for comfort!

Once he arrives at the bathroom, Floyd has already put his judo loss in the back of his mind. The thought of taking a hot bath during cold weather put a smile on his face and song in his voice. He quickly sheds his clothes, ready for a bath.

Ahh, the epitome of luxury. Being able to take a bath for as long as I want!

Rina, having already been in the bathroom, easily hears Floyd approaching due to him whistling a tune. She knows that he probably doesn't expect to see anyone in the bathroom, but she has no idea how he'll react to seeing her.

What will the pure/cool hearted maid Rina do?

And for that matter...

What is Akita doing during all of this?
How does Kohaku react to wounding her master's pride?
Where is that mysterious fourth maid who might be stuck in a dimensional rift?

Feels like a cheesy cliffhanger. :P
Feb 22, 2016 1:43 pm
Akita paced for a bit vexed her how she was shown how to make a bed more properly… How did she get that sparkle in the sheets! It’s just putting them in place! Biting a handkerchief she eventually made it to the gym. It was empty. Her mouth dropped her jaw falling off and hitting the floor before she dropped to her knees. Late. She quickly recovered though sniffing a place on the gym ground. Boss! She thought to herself before an evil cat grin came across her face and she covered her mouth as she chuckled as she moved into a supply and restocking area grabbing a few things before heading to the kitchen as well.

Oh I’ll show these little ones how to be a maid… Her shadow flashes horns on the wall and she passes through the early morning sunrise on her beeline for the bathroom her tail almost spinning as she ran.
Bounding towards the bathroom Akita flings the door open and moves in seeing the back of the Boss’s head. "Bossu! I’ve brought medicial bath oils to help after your gym time if you’re going to soak in the bath. Plus Brandy, Scotch and Saki, if you’d like the Saki warm. I can scrub your back before your get in if you like…" she began her voice trailing off as she looked down at the Boss from behind. Or rather she looked down at the Boss’ behind. Putting down the tray with the oils and alcohol quickly her eyes flashed as they zoomed in.

"Bossu NICE!" she exclaimed checking out the boss her tail flipping around behind her excited and showing her approval she gave him a double thumbs up as a large cheshire cat grin on her face developed as her eyes lit up like small cross stars before realizing what she just did she picked up the trail again and cleared her throat, "My apologies on being not being present in the gym. Although it is not my strong suit I took the liberty to assist you in your recuperation from the gym instead of showing my short coming in physical strength. The Boss’ body shows the tale of how he came to be a successful self-made man. As stated I’ve brought oils for the bath to soothe muscles and alcohol if you’d like a drink while you soak. There’s a few of your cigars as well in this box… as stated I can attend to you as well and scrub your back if it is the Master’s wishes." she stated moving closer to a few steps behind him and looking at the Boss with her fangs slightly showing as she smiled.
OOC:
Let me know if you want me to roll Affection or Cunning.
Last edited February 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Rolls

Housework - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Feb 22, 2016 3:28 pm
Saki arrived at the hotel right on time as instructed, but received no formal welcome. She had been sent over to help round out Floyd's staff during the big tournament by Tommy "The Bear" Bouchard, a French-Canadian maple syrup kingpin with whom Floyd worked very closely in the business of "Imports and Exports".

Perhaps master Floyd forgot that she was to arrive in the early morning, or was pre-occupied. Or perhaps one of his maids/butlers forgot to remind him... in which case he really was in need of an extra maid with her caliber of professionalism and experience. In lieu of this, she welcomed herself into the establishment and proceeded to look for a suitable task. Surely, it would reflect well on her if she began picking up slack right away and working without hesitation.

"I would have thought someone had been preparing breakfast by now... " she thought to herself, as she walked into the kitchen. She slipped a cutesy pink apron over her navy uniform and smiled in wide-eyed delight at the variety of high-quality ingredients and top-of-the-line appliances stocked in the hotel's kitchen. She loved to cook. "Alright Saki, time to work your magic," she said aloud to herself.

Without hesitation, she got to work. Since she hadn't yet met master Floyd and didn't know his palette, she'd have to improvise. She looked around the kitchen and found a variety of things which she could work with. Flour, check. Butter, eggs, check. Bacon... and of course, Grade A top shelf Dark Amber maple syrup. "Well then, bacon pancakes it is..." she thought to herself as she visualized this perfect creation and began measuring out ingredients.

Roll 1d6 to make breakfast, Skill = 3
OOC:
will put this in the roll details next time..
Last edited February 22, 2016 3:32 pm

Rolls

Making Breakfast - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Feb 22, 2016 5:46 pm
Kohaku follows Master Floyd to the bath door carrying his large fluffy towels for him. She leaves them on a bench in the locker area and scurries off to leave him time to soak. She sees Akita heading toward the bath as Kohaku is about to enter the living quarters for her own very quick shower. She considers calling out to her that the master is already in there and would like to relax alone most likely, but figures the cat-girl will figure it out herself very quickly.

As she disrobes, Kohaku can't help but worry about how the master felt after their match. Talking to herself outloud, "He had entered so confidently that I actually worried he might win. He didn't, but he is showing improvement. He has been dedicated to his MMA training for longer than I expected, that shows true character, unlike his former life as a criminal."

Stepping into the warm cascading water, Kohaku remembers the way Floyd limped toward the bath. "I do hope I gave him enough encouragement. I hope he knows he is improving. I should go reassure him again." Kohaku steps out of the shower and starts to head for the door, but catches a glimpse of herself in the mirror. Seeing her bare flesh causes her to blush. "Was I about to run over to the master like this, just to spare his feelings? What was I thinking? I will make sure his breakfast is extra special and say something then. OH RIGHT! I need to find the others and tell them we are eating after Master Floyd has bathed."

Finishing her shower quickly, Kohaku gets into her uniform and affixes her signature bow. Finishing with her gloves and cuffs she checks the master's room seeing that the other maids have attended to it. Nodding in satisfaction she checks their rooms. Not finding them loafing around she heads to the private kitchen.

Upon entering she sees Sakiaguchi already working. Kohaku sizes the new maid up while she works. She can't help but mentally chide the woman for her scandalously short skirt, but then smooths her own skirt to check it isn't out of place. She decides she shouldn't say anything...how the master reacts to Sakiguchi's mode of dress will be another hood test for him.

"Hello, I am Mori Kohaku, a fellow maid in service to Master Floyd. You must be Saki Sakiguchi. It is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for being so diligent in seeing to our master's needs for nourishment. That is commendable...however...our master is a man of...shall we say...exclusive tastes. Bacon and pancakes might not suit his mood this morning. Can you do anything to liven them up? We have a well stocked ladder. For example, I will be preparing my signature morning dish, 'Arashi no nochi no hinode' for all of us to enjoy. If you can't, just do your best and the master will decide if kitchen duties are where your services are best used." Kohaku moves through the kitchen with what she hopes is practiced ease preparing some ingredients. She places a metal bowl in the deep freeze and begins mixing some spices. When she is done she puts her work into a few plastic containers and places the lid on them. They go back in the pantry. Then she checks the supply of caviar and eggs. Seeing what she will need in the refrigerated pantry Kohaku turns back to Sakiguchi.

"The master will not be eating for sometime, 8 o'clock to be exact, so we have some time. I am going across the way to the library to see that everything is in order there. If you need any hel...anything at all, don't hesitate to ask. And if you would be so kind, make sure the other maids are aware of the schedule today. I haven't seen either of them this morning and Master wants them to know breakfast is after his bath."
OOC:
Arashi no nochi no hinode is the Google translate result for 'Sunrise After the Storm'. The dish is made up by me. It is 'eggs on a cloud' and caviar. Eggs on a cloud is a very simple to prepare, you chill the egg whites and whip them so the become fluffy. Then you put make a spot for the yolk and bake it. Caviar is often served on eggs for breakfast according to another Google image search of 'caviar for breakfast'. All in all it isn't a lot of work...but you got to look good in front of the newbies! ;)

Rolls

Skill 2 Coooking contest GOOO!!!! - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Feb 22, 2016 9:46 pm
Rina freezes, dead, at the Masters approach. Her training had not prepared her for such an event--it was her job to be in and out before he arrived, not to face him hea--oh. Oh dear. Oh dear.

At first, she simply stands like a deer in headlights. And then the blush starts to creep across her face. As if that wasn't bad enough, Akita bursts in and starts making advances that are SURELY IMPROPER. It's almost too much for her to take. Her voice trembles almost as much as her knees as she manages a bow and a quivery "It..Seems that I h-have miscalculated the time of your arrival..ah..and it appears that A-akita and you have, ah..I should be washing the breakfast and preparing the laundry.", her head visibly steaming the entire time as she starts nervously twisting her drills around her fingers. "E-enjoy your..ah..That is..!" is the last thing she manages before losing her composure completely and fleeing the scene in the direction of the laundry room.

Rolls

Moe through embarrassment, Affection 3 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Feb 23, 2016 1:13 pm
@Remnant - You can roll whatever stat you like as long as you roleplay it and it makes sense. It could go either way based on your post, the devil horns make it seem more like cunning though.

Floyd swings the door to the bathroom open, naked as the day he was born. Both Akita and Rina get a very personal view of his body, which (as a bishonen) is actually quite attractive even in his old age.

Akita gets the back view, and she sees the intricate gang tattoo on his back! Every member of the Floyd family has a tattoo of a Canadian animal - and his is the majestic burrowing owl!

http://www.nps.gov/lake/learn/nature/images/Burrowing-Owl-CMS.jpg

Both Rina and Akita get 1d6 favor for the 'personal' view of Boss Floyd.
As Floyd prefers pure hearted maids, Rina has the option to gain an additional 1d6 if she also takes 1d6 stress. AKA: The whole 'I can no longer be a bride' shtick.

"Gahaha, yes it is a nice tattoo isn't it- GAH! I didn't notice you there Akita... did you say Brandy? You certainly know the way to my heart!"

He turns back once he hears Rina speak and quickly covers his important bits with one hand, but the damage had already been done! The emabrassed look on Rina's face tears Floyd's heart in half, and he attempts to break the tension with a small joke.

"My dear Rina, you can't take a bath fully clothed!"

However the joke had little effect, and Rina shot out of the room with incredible speed.

"Gah! Rina! I'm sorry~~~~!!!"

Torn between his bath with Akita and chasing after Rina to apologize, Floyd doesn't know what to do! Waitin' on the roll from Remnant.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, the Saki and Kohaku complete their dishes. Kohaku's dish directly appeals to Floyd's tastes, and is sure to make him happy no matter what. However, Saki's pancakes are absolutely perfect - even a professional chef would have difficulties recreating those fluffy, sweet pieces of heaven! Clearly, these maids are a forced to be reckoned with. Will they fight against each other as rivals, or will they cooperate in order to maximize their talents?

While sizing each other up, both maids hear Boss Floyd's cry of apology. Since the only two maids not present in the kitchen are Rina and Akita, it would be safe to assume that they caused some sort of trouble.

Those cooking rolls will come into play whenever breakfast is served.

Working as a showgirl for the tournament is an wholly unappealing job. Even worse is the cleanup, last year they had to call in backup maids from the other hotels! Whoever Boss Floyd favors the most will be spared from that hell...

Make sure to tally up your favor on your character sheets (Lookin at you Kilbert :P)
Since Roguelike joined early and is at a disadvantage favor-wise, I'll let you roll (3d6) for an extra item given to you by the SASS.
If Rina contacts her cult (whoever they are), they might send her some help as well...
Feb 23, 2016 1:18 pm
OOC:
Going with Cunning since I saw the master's butt.

Rolls

Bathing with Booze & Cigar plan (plus peeking) Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Gaining Favor from peeking - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Feb 23, 2016 4:14 pm
As Kohaku entered the kitchen, Saki gave her the once-over. Saki thought to herself:
"Well, she certainly gets right to the point, doesn't she? At least she's frank and direct- might be good to have a co-worker like that..."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mori Kohaku. I look forward to working together," She said with a slight curtsy.
"By the way, I love the way you wear your bow! Soo cuuute!!" she continued as her sparkling yellow eyes lit up with a mix of genuine admiration for the accessory and desire to break the ice and make a nice impression on her new co-worker.

She looked at the elaborate dish that Kohaku was preparing. As fine and gaudy as the master's taste may be, she knew that no mortal man could resist the secret pancake recipe handed down for hundreds of years by one generation of arcane sisters to the next. She took some powdered cinnamon and confectioner's sugar and sprinkled them on top of her pancakes for some flair, and put the syrup in a fine crystal dish for presentation. She made only aesthetic changes, knowing better than to mess with a recipe that was already perfect.

"So it looks like perhaps I was a bit hasty to get cooking and didn't take into account the master's tastes... but I'll still bring this out for him during breakfast in case he'd like to try it." She remembered that she hadn't yet taken the time to bring her bags to her quarters. "I'm going to go ahead and find the other maids. It was lovely meeting you- let's catch up later!" She dismissed herself from the kitchen.

When she arrived at her quarters, she made a mental checklist of her belongings. "Make-up? Check. Extra miniskirts? Check. Wallet, cell-phone, toothbrush? Check, check, and check. Chainsaw? Got it." It seemed that everything was in order...

"But wait... where was that other really important thing? I know I had it somewhere...", she thought, reaching into her handbag. (Fendi, of course- Ms. Sakaguchi was always at the height of fashion). "I think it was right here...."

*Cue 3d6 roll for random item*
Last edited February 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Rolls

Attempt to compliment/flatter new co-worker, Affection 1 - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Get random item from SASS - (3d6)

(421) = 7

Feb 24, 2016 12:09 am
"Sounds like they are in the bath. Good luck!" Kohaku gives Saki a small wave as she leaves to check on on the study. Inside she finds the room more or less in shambles. Books are piled shoulder high and falling over. Several ashtrays are filled with ash and cigar butts. Empty classes and beer bottles lay scattered around with a smattering of empty whisky and wine bottles. It would seem Boss Floyd had some high roller or family over last night without informing the maids.

Kohaku's shoulders and head droop momentarily, but then with a snap she raises her head and squares her shoulders. She makes a note to herself to remind Master Floyd that the maids are happy to have the work, but if he doesn't inform them of such things he will quickly over work them and lose their loyalties. Then Kohaku gets her cleaning supplies and sets to work tiding up, being mindful of the time as she works.

At one point she has a pile of black garbage bags that need to be moved to the incinerator before she can continue. She looks for a cart or something but can't locate one. Finally she goes down to the hotel proper and asks to borrow a luggage cart from a bellhop. "Please sir, I need this cart to assist Master Floyd." She claps her hand and bows deeply. At the bottom of her bow she hears a loud commotion behind her. She turns around to see a pile of bellhops who seem to have passed out. When she looks back at the original young man she was speaking with to ask what happened, his blood explodes from his nose and he to passes out too.

Kohaku is of course confused by this odd behavior (because she is pure), she loads the men onto the cart and takes them to the hotel physician to be looked after (because she is heroic). Figuring that the bellhop won't need his luggage cart while he is tended to, she takes it and uses it to remove the trash bags. When she returns the cart she sees three of the bellhops and returns her borrowed cart. The middle man starts to speak, but then blood explodes form his other nostril and he collapses again. Kohaku instructs the other two to take him back to the physician and make sure he rests, then returns to the library to start shelving books. She works hard to get everything back in it's proper place and finish before she needs to go finish preparing breakfast.
Last edited February 24, 2016 12:09 am

Rolls

Favor for light housework - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Skill 2 to clean the Library fast enough and poperly - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Feb 24, 2016 1:05 am
Rina retreats to the safest place she can imagine--the Summoning Pit in her room. Several tearful incantations later, Krog'tharak, Lord of Five Thousand Tortures, King of Pain, Master of Suffering, and Head of Human Resources in the Adherents of the Divine Wings of Shining Darkness--the fastest growing alternative religion in the nation!
After a long and detailed conversation, Rina finishes "...A-and now I can't get m-ma-mah-ah-harrieeeed!" The King of Pain nods, adjusting his glasses with a sharply taloned hand. His blasphemous voice sounds only of breaking glass and tortured screams, but Rina nods, seemingly able to understand. "You're right..I just need to keep working hard!"

Rina, now dry-eyed and resolute, heads back to the Master Bedroom to prepare Boss Floyd's outfits for the day. Something authoritative for the interviews, something more formal for lunch, and something formal (but fun!) for the night's festivities.

Rolls

favor gain - (2d6)

(62) = 8

[inability to marry intensifies] - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Prepare outfits for the day's business Skill 4 - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Feb 24, 2016 9:23 am
@Foolsmask - Oi, you can't go around giving yourself favor! But yeah, 1d3 for cleaning the library..

Kohaku leaves the kitchen area and begins to clean the library. However, the mess is far worse than her skills can handle so it takes her longer than she anticipated. Because of the extra work required in cleaning the library, Kohaku will be preoccupied with cleaning until it is time to serve breakfast!A score of '6' is on the cusp of amateur/professional, so I figure it'll just take you longer to finish the task. Lower than 6 would've meant you failed.

Boss Floyd watches Rina run from the bathroom in tears and it hurts him deeply.... however the allure of Akita and the Bathmaster 8900 stops him from leaving. Plus, it's cold as hell out there and he's naked.

"Ah well, we can't take back what's already been done."

He wraps a towel around his waist, and grabs the bottle of brandy.

"I can't deny my maid's request, I'll let you wash my back Akita! Just, don't use your tongue...that thing is rough."

Akita's 20 > Rina's 12! Rina takes 6 stress from the encounter!
Akita earns 2d6 favor for the romantic atmosphere!
The Bathmaster 8900 earns 1d6 favor!

After Akita finishes up, she gives Boss Floyd his privacy and leaves the room.

After the scrubbing, Floyd rests in the bathtub sipping a glass of brandy. The AI within the Bathmaster 8900's voice calmly speaks, it has a sort of twangy southern accent.

MR. FLOYD, I MUST WARN YOU THAT THE COMBINATION OF HIGH TEMPERATURES AND INGESTING ALCOHOL WILL SEVERELY DEHYDRATE YOUR BODY.

"I'll only drink one, I should be fine! Gahaha!"

Rina expertly lays out several outfits for the day, most of which include some sort of floral pattern - the boss likes his flowers! When she finishes up, she notices a shadow in the mirror. She instantly recognizes it as a demonic present from her cult! They must have opened up a portal to send it to her... how sweet!

Rina earns 1d3 favor for the preparation!

Kilbert, roll 3d6 to see what Krog'tharak, Lord of Five Thousand Tortures, King of Pain, Master of Suffering, and Head of Human Resources in the Adherents of the Divine Wings of Shining Darkness has bestowed upon Rina!

Rolls

Resistance to alcohol (Difficulty = 6) (Will - 2) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Feb 24, 2016 9:52 am
The time is 0730, about time to start setting up for breakfast.

Floyd had stumbled out of the bathroom, and made it back to the master bedroom to get dressed for breakfast. Rina quickly stows the present from her cult, and begins to help him get dressed.

Floyd is a talkative drunk, and even one drink will loosen his lips. It's obvious that he is more qoosey from dehydration than from the alcohol, but he still can't help but talk.

"Ooooh that Kohaku. She doesn't let us call her Mori does she? Sooo mean. Do you think she's still worried about gettin caught by the cops for that thing she did?"

His breath is minty fresh, he must have brushed after he got out of the bath.

While exploring the hotel, Saki makes her way into the master bathroom. She notices that the changing room needs a little tidying, so she checks on the main room as well. She notices that someone has attached a letter to the bathroom door. The only writing on the envelope is "Slippy", written in very nice cursive. Not sure what to make of it, Saki pockets the letter to show to Boss Floyd later. Once she opens the door, it is apparent something has gone very wrong.

Random Event!

The entire bathtub - the Bathmaster 8900 - is missing. The only thing left in the bathroom is the torn up floor, and a single pipe squirting water in an arc. Saki immediately closes the door and considers her options. It's obvious that the bathtub has been stolen, bath-napped if you will, and it is easy to deduce that the culprit is this "Slippy" character that left the letter...

As Saki is about pull out the mysterious letter to read it, Akita arrives at the entrance of the changing room with some cleaning supplies. It appears she intended to clean the main bathroom.

Dun dun duuuuuun!
Also, Kohaku should be done with the library by now. Instead of making you wait, I just made her miss some important stuff.
Feb 24, 2016 12:01 pm
OOC:
Rolling for Favor will update with my post later today, (out the door to work)
Akita is slightly jealous of the Bathmasters but purrs as she works on the Boss. Either the boss is use to her giggling by this point, didn’t notice, or doesn’t mind. She dabs at the Boss with the soapy luffa sponge since he was being a bit flirty, she whispers in his ear that he should find out that it isn’t and gives him a nibble before she finishs up and is dismissed.

Skipping back to the bathroom Akita enters to see some new maid, nodding she waves to her with one hand and looks at the bathroom and blinks checking out the bathroom and it’s lack of features. Slowly turning to the new maid her eyes quadruple in size and tears well up and her low lip quivers before she cries a little, her tears flopping to the ground like water balloons that won’t pop. Finally getting over the shock in a few seconds she then looks back to the bathroom without the Bathmaster 8900 and water shooting out of a random pipe. She develops a nervous tick looking from scene to the woman several times.
"THE BATHWATER!!!!" Akita yells as she flails about moving back and forth.

She goes over to the maintenance area and turns off the water before stomping back in front of the girl her tail straight and brissled as she hisses at her, "Did you take the MASTER’S TUB! Where is it! It has water in it! It’s not like I was going to take some of the water!" Akita demands her cat ears up straight as she continues to hiss at the new maid. Did she know the boss just got done in the bath? Was she keeping the bath water all to herself?

"Explain… Well explain while you help me clean! The bathwater’s gone…" Akita demands her voice trailing off as she pouts.

Remnant sent a note to handle
Last edited February 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Rolls

Favor from time with the Master X3 - (2d6)

(21) = 3

Cleaning up after turning off the water cus it's easier (Skill 2) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Feb 25, 2016 1:51 am
Rina reaches through the mirror, taking hold of the gift. What a softie, that King of Pain. Rina nods to herself and stashes the item away.

"Boss Floyd, please allow me to make my sincerest apologies known for my earlier...Impropriety. I was completely off schedule, and I was wholly unaware that you and Akita were..that is, that you had engaged in..Ah.." Rina flushes as she attempts to apologize, descending into stammering at the thought. "H-have the proper arrangements been made f-for your m-m-marriage?" She finally manages to get out.

"Th-that aside, I've noticed your impending meetings with the staff. Please allow me to assist you directly in order to make up for my previous failure. I am certain my secretarial and managerial skills are prepared for this task, or the Thousand Torments be visited upon my soul." Rina is perhaps a little too resolute in declaring a curse upon her own soul, but Adherents are just like that.

Rolls

favor gain - (1d3)

(2) = 2

Moe through misunderstanding. Affection 3 - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Demon presents! - (3d6)

(444) = 12

Feb 25, 2016 3:39 am
Saki took a deep breath, in and out. She was perplexed at what she saw. So much so that she barely noticed that her colleague was indeed part feline. There.. was a bathtub here at one time.. right?

"Hey- get a hold of yourself... I just got here! I'm here to help, okay? We’ll get your bathwater. But first- who are you and where is master Floyd?"
Last edited February 25, 2016 3:40 am
Feb 25, 2016 1:38 pm
"Usually one introduces themselves first when asking someone's name... Kurasawa Akita maid of Floyd-sama Master of The Maple Leaf Hotel." Akita states putting her hands on her hips and flaring her nostrils a bit of steam coming out the latter part of the statement about the Master was implied to be rather important. After feeling a bit proud of who she served she looked around, she had done a mediocre job at best and let out a sigh. Toweling off from being drenched in hot water and cleaning she answered the rest of the question, "He's probably changing in his bedroom... he might be naked... we should go and see if he needs help." Akita stated drooling a little bit and chuckling as she thought of memories of the day before wiping off her mouth.

"I'll take you too him. He'll probably want to know about BathMaster 8900. You have a letter of introduction?" Akita said in all serious before turning away.

BathMaster 8900 you are a worthy rival for the Master's attention... when we get you back maybe you, me, and the master... Akita thought to herself a vision of the bathtub in the air over her going full blast.

*Headed to the bedroom with Saki (First name right?) in tow unless she wants some dialogue along the way.*
Feb 26, 2016 2:04 am
Finished in the Library, Kohaku is heading to the kitchen when she overhears Akita and Saki talking about the missing bathtub. "Did I hear you correctly? The master's bathtub is missing? And you had just finished using it? How can this be? Does the master know? Well I was in the Library, so it wasn't me. We must open an investigation at once!" Kohaku seems to freeze for a moment, then as she begins to fade, you realize it is an after image of the maid and she is running back to her room at hyper speed. She returns in a flash, blurring blue speed lines behind her. When She comes to a stop she is wearing a deerstalker cap, her signature bow to the side, and a plaid half cloak is wrapped around her shoulders, both items are sky-blue and white, perfectly matching her uniform's color scheme. In her hands she holds a large magnifying glass with an dear antler handle and a comically large calabash pipe. Rather than smoke though, large pink bubbles that smell faintly of bubblegum stream from the pipe.

"We shall begin where the crime was committed and search for clues! Keep a sharp eye out, the culprit always returns to the scene of the crime. They are a cowardly and superstitious lot. Come Watson! The game is afoot!" You have no idea who she is talking to as she seems fixated on looking at the ground through her magnifying glass, as though she will find footprints on the walkway. It's almost as though she is just spouting detective tropes rather than knowing how to actually do police work, but she is going ot give it her all.
OOC:
I imagine finding and protecting the Master's belongings is a Skill test, but I can accept other attributes if the GM decides otherwise.

Rolls

Skill(2) to detect who stole the bath - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Feb 28, 2016 9:47 pm
"Sakaguchi Saki... pleased to meet you. As of this morning I too am in the employ of master Floyd. Though I've arrived a bit early today, he sent for me a number of days ago and should be expecting my arrival." Saki politely introduced herself as she gave the cat-girl a once-over. 'What an... energetic little girl. I'll have to keep my eye on this one,' she thought to herself.

"I'm going to assume that bathtubs don't usually just disappear from the hotel. Just my luck to walk in on my first day and see a sight like this.. Oh well, looks like we'll have to work together to sort out this out. Let's get started!"

Once Akita turns the water off, Saki begins sorting things out and cleaning up the crime scene, but taking mental notes of anything else strange or worth investigating. While Akita is in the maintenance area, Saki quickly and carefully takes out the letter. The room, not terribly well ventilated, was still full of steam from the hot bath earlier. As such, if there were any glue on the envelope, she still might able to open it up, read the letter, then seal it back up again- making it look as if it were never opened.

She reads the letter quickly, seals it, puts it back in her pocket, then gets back to cleaning up by the time Akita comes back.
OOC:
Edit: forgot to post this as character, but I figure that doesn't matter too much
Last edited February 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Rolls

Helping Akita Clean up the Scene- skill 3 - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Sneakily peeking at the letter - cunning 4 - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Mar 1, 2016 10:21 am
Boss Floyd finishes up putting on the 'authoritative suit', how Rina found a Hawaiian shirt that looks authoritative is unknown. He takes a seat on his bead while reaching for a pair of argyle socks.

"Marriage? With Akita? I'm think I'm past my prime for marriage! Gahaha!"

As he stands up from tying his shiny black shoes, he takes a swig of water and nods in agreement to Rina's suggestion.

"Accompanying me is a good idea, it'll help you understand how the hotel works. As long as the others have no objections, it'd be great to have you! Forget about business for now though, I'm absolutely starving! I'm gonna whip p some of my special 'Spiced Potatoes', Gahaha!"

Floyd confidently heads towards the kitchen, it appears that he expects each person to make a dish to share. Rina hurriedly follows after him.

Akita and Saki manage to clean up the destroyed room with extreme haste. The bathroom now looks brand new again, and is awaiting the installation of a bathtub. (Combined roll of 24, which is off the charts)

Akita and Saki each get 1d4 for cleaning up the mess before Floyd found out!

Using skills usually only found in seasoned professionals, Detective Kohaku has deduced that the thief must have hacked the Bathmaster 8900's central AI! The bathtub came in a box and completely installed itself, so it would be possible to reverse the process as well. Once the tub was back in box-form, the thief probably escaped to the first floor though the courtyard. Anyone who was skilled enough could easily traverse the floors, maybe installing an electric fence would be a good idea for the future...

As to discovering who actually stole it? Well, Floyd has many enemies, so it is difficult to pin down at the moment.

Kohaku also notices a bit of residue on the door, was something stuck there before? A calling card perhaps?

On the way out of his room, Floyd notices that Saki has moved into her room.

"Ah, that Bear must have finally sent his maid. He wanted to get on the RPS action, so I made his entry fee an employee! Gahaha!... I haven't seen her yet though. Maybe we should take a peak at her room?"

He reaches for the handle, but stops short of grabbing it. He feels like there might be a trap behind that door...

"On second though, my instincts are telling me it's a better idea not to. Anyway, time for breakfast Rina! We got a schedule!"

He see Akita stomping towards him with a serious look (as serious as a cat can be anyway) on her face, but he brushes her off and exclaims "Breakfast! Schedule! Potato! Gaha!".

@Akita - You did manage to find his dirty gym clothes, and you took everything just for good measure

Kohaku can roll to beat Saki's attempt at sneakily read the letter!

Saki quickly reads the letter, although it's more like a taunt or a calling card. It reads:

Dear Pretty Boy Floyd
(soon to be not-so pretty!),

I have taken which
you hold dear, and will take more
for each game you play

-Slippery Target

This thief appears to have a thing for haiku.

You all note that the time is 0755, almost time for breakfast! There's enough time to set the table and cook something, if you have not already. A sub par breakfast will surely lead to a loss in favor!

Boss Floyd managed to cook something that isn't completely disgusting hard to swallow. The last time he tried this dish it was just a bunch of raw potatoes covered in various spices.

Rolls

Spiced potato! (Skill - 2) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Mar 1, 2016 2:07 pm
"Well I’ll be sure to introduce you. And no usually the bathtubs don’t disappear from the hotel especially the Boss’ private bathtub." Akita stated once the work was done and they were headed to the bedroom to find it empty. Akita moves from the Boss’ bedroom to the kitchen once she looked at the time and seeing him not there. Stepping in front of Saki she sidesteps presenting the Master as if introducing a god among men or a rare work of art. Because to Akita she thought he was.

"Behold Master Marcus ‘Pretty Boy’ Floyd, former head of the Floyd family, and Master of the Maple Leaf Hotel. A man among men… no A GOD among men!" Akita states tossing flower petals before putting a spot light on the Master and shaking folding fans with Maple leafs on them next to him from one of his sides to the other behind him. She sweeps up the flower petals before tossing a thumb over her shoulder at the new maid once back in front of her Master.

"Bossu, this is the new maid Sakaguchi Saki. Also the bathtub has been taken, we shout down the water to the area so it won't flood. She was there before me and may have more information and Kohaku… I took the liberty of letting her search for clues while I came to inform you and introduce the new maid to the Master. Hopefully Kohaku’s found something out. Since it’s almost breakfast time please excuse me, if the Master wishes it feel free to discuss this important matter of the missing bathtub with Sakaguchi since she was the first to arrive and as stated if you’ll excuse me I should prepare a breakfast worthy of the Bossu." she states introducing the new maid as a second thought in comparison to the incident and excusing herself.

With the important details out of the way Akita glanced over and saw what the others had prepared. Her cat ears flipped straight up and his nostrils flared. Akita fired up the oven putting a cast iron skillet in as it heated rapidly while quickly moving to the cold storage for some food stores. Coming back with what she needed she pulled the skillet right before the temp reached the preheat temperature and put it on the stove top before dropped the steak in with a bit of garlic and onion powder with a healthy dose of salt. In a frying pan she made scrambled eggs while she prepped a single cup of coffee in a French coffee press. Flipping the steak she ended up plating steak and eggs with a small bottle of hot sauce and steak sauce on the side as a few small bowls with chives and cheese in each. Pouring the cup of black coffee and prepped it for the boss the way he liked it. Writing out a small note she put the breakfast on a tray with the note.

Akita smiled to herself Pssh after a rough work out you need protein, and Bossu's a guy so that means Meat! Guys like meat! Hahahaha! quietly her tail swishing back and forth... she wasn't the best of cooks though.
Last edited March 1, 2016 2:09 pm

Rolls

Favor from cleaning up the bathroom - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Attempting to sound like Akita took control of the Bathroom situation Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Making Steak & Eggs with Coffee Boss' Style Skill 2 (or Cunning 4 for food prep being targeted) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Mar 2, 2016 11:03 pm
Rina contents herself with simplicity for her breafast choice--a simple fruit platter will more than suffice to balance out the grease and starch pervading the meal as-is. The nutrition of the Master is every bit as important as his satisfaction in a meal well-prepared.

Rolls

Cooking, Skill 4 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Mar 7, 2016 9:41 am
Everyone sets up the table for breakfast. Floyd is a bit disappointed that the table was not prepared in advance, but it doesn't make anyone lose any favor.

Who's ready for the LIST OF PAIN(tm)?!

Floyd made spiced potatoes with a - 6
Kohaku made the caviar stuff - 6
Saki made pancakes on steroids - 12
Rina made fancy fruit - 8
Akita made steak and eggs (with skill, not cunning) - 12

After everything has been laid out for all to enjoy, Floyd serves himself and samples each of them. He obviously enjoys the pancakes and the steak the most, as he went back for more multiple times! It's worth noting that he ate the caviar first, since it was his favorite style of food - ostentatiously fancy.

"This meat....these pancakes. How can they taste so good? My potatoes can't even compete, I feel like I should give up cooking all together!

Boss Floyd takes 6 stress!
Kohaku also takes 6 stress from losing the competition, but she also gains 1d4 favor for cooking Floyd's preferred food!
Rina takes 3 stress from losing the competition! Meat and sugar > Fruit!
Saki and Akita both gain 1d6 favor for cooking the best food!

Once breakfast starts winding down, Floyd finally notices the note that Akita left him. As he reads it everyone at the table notices his brow furrow with confusion. He looks up from the note, and then reads it again. There is an moment of silence as he gathers his thoughts, if anyone has something to say before he takes any stress now would be the time to do it!

He's at 13/20 stress. Any good ideas/suggestions/insights will reduce the stress he takes from the bathtub theft!
Mar 7, 2016 1:50 pm
"Your words are too kind Master. Everyone starts from someplace in their skills. I’ll always volunteer to try something you’re cooking. I have no idea what Kohaku made but it probably took a high level of skill to prepare and design which is something I’m currently probably not capable of, and Rina’s fruit was simple and healthy you’ll need all the nutrients you can get in today. Although I will agree the pancakes and steak dish were quite exceptional but this lowly maid still has much to learn in the ways of cooking… Maybe less than some but still the world of cooking is quiet vast." Akita says after the meal is done bowing slightly before turning to Kohaku and Rina her ears flicking up and her features becoming more feline, "Right?" she asks raising an eyebrow with a feline grin on her face.

Seeing the Master looking over the note and the realization of what she stated earlier compounded with the note seemed to send him into some confusion she stood clearing her throat, "Bossu, as stated earlier the bathtub is missing. I have no doubt they picked a day when you’re busy and when you weren’t in the bathtub purposely. They possibly didn’t want to feel embarrassed about their sense of self in front of the Master and his awesome glory." Akita stated wiping the corner of her mouth and apologizing. Flicking out a pair of glasses she opens a notebook going over the agenda for the next few hours.

"But we are the Maids of the Maple Leaf Hotel that serve under Boss ‘Pretty Boy’ Floyd and on your command this falls under our maidly duties to resolve if and how the Master wishes. You have your appointments coming up with the various staff groups, we can assist you in this if it is the Master’s wishes to save on time and inform you of the investigation when you deem necessary. Also for lunch with the Family… is there anything in particular you would want to be prepared for the meal or the guests’ tastes? A wine perhaps?" she stated looking to Kohaku and Saki since they knew of the bathtub incident and might be about to offer more information.

Unless it was the other thing in the note... Akita
OOC:
Using Maid ability Mocking to add +2 to the stress of Kohaku and Rina. Trying to find out from the Boss if he wants to handle the bathtub incident himself or if he'll delegate it, also offering an assistant while he out and about before lunch since he'll be distracted without Bathtub-chan where it should be. Plus digging for anything about what to do for lunch (I.e. No Italian food, or no peanuts due to allergies.)

Rolls

Compliment to the Chef from the Boss (Favor +) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Attempting to calm down the Boss (Don't sweat this and you have work to do plan) Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Mar 7, 2016 10:55 pm
"Indeed yes, the bathtub was stolen boss, However, the thief left many clues and frankly did a sloppy job of it. There would of course be more clues, enough even to know who the thief was maybe, if Maid Kurasowa Akita and Maid Sakaguchi Saki had respected the chain of evidence. But I am fully confident that we uncover the truth before your next bathing is scheduled. Simply go about your business and it will all be well."

Kohaku picks up her juice glass and bows to Boss Floyd before taking a sip.
OOC:
Ok, question...I want to soothe the boss and throw some shade at Akita. Do I need two rolls for that? I was thinking Cunning to 'attack' Akita and Will to show confidence that Kohaku can solve the mystery. Or can I just roll once (using Will) to counter what Akita rolled, causing her stress and sooth the boss?
Last edited March 7, 2016 10:56 pm

Rolls

Favor Gain - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Mar 7, 2016 11:42 pm
OOC:
I figure it's one roll with your action being a duality of sorts, whoever is best at calming him down and getting him back into being the Boss will gain favor the rest pout since "Senpai didn't notice me!" I can see it either way since there is a bit of Akita cleaned up the clues implication using Cunning or Will based on I'll solve this because I'm not giving up and Maximum Effort.
Mar 8, 2016 8:12 am
OOC:
@Remnant - So when you told him he was in a rush and not really paying attention, it was probably in the back of his mind but he was dead set on making those potatoes. Sorry, I should've made it more clear in my previous posts.

You know that the Boss would love to handle the criminal himself, but the task is more suited for one of his fearsome maids! Also, he's not nearly as competent as you guys when in comes to skill. His power comes from his family and fear instead of his abilities.

If you want to be his right-hand maid on his errands, you'll have to compete with Rina's roll. You could still tag along even if you lost the contest, but she would be like the head maid in charge.

From previous experience you know that his mom and brother are extremely picky eaters. They accept only the finest foods that even pros have difficulty making (around a 12 DC). Using maple syrup in some way will give you a +2 to your score though.

@Foolsmask - So if you want to calm down the boss by throwing Akita under the bus, that would be one roll. It would also be acceptable if you wanted to do two separate rolls: one for showing that you can handle the situations, and the other one to attack both Akita and Sakie by throwing them under the bus.

If you go for the separate rolls there will be separate favor/stress awarded. Remember than maids can team up and combine their scores to overcome obstacles or contests, but the favor will be split.
Mar 8, 2016 12:36 pm
Saki waited until the boss was finished with his breakfast before actually introducing herself.

She attempted a dainty curtsy as she walked over to him.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you Master Floyd. I am Sakaguchi Saki, sent by Mr. Bouchard to ensure you have all the help you need for the big tournament. Everyone at Mr.Bouchard's estate speaks very highly of you. I had heard about how they all call you 'Pretty Boy Floyd', but... oh my, their words do no justice to how handsome you are in person..." (Saki Sakaguchi, ever the accomplished actress says this coyly, with a glimmer in her eye and blushing cheeks like an enamored schoolgirl. She was well-practiced in this bit from her years as a diner waitress.)

"Please let me know if there if you need anything at all..."

After the boss went on his way, she fetched the attention of all the other maids. She proposed a 'meeting of the maids', where they would gather together in a private area of the hotel to collaborate and present any evidence or theories. Only if they worked together, she thought, would they bring the criminal to justice.

Rolls

Favor (cleaning) - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Favor (cooking) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Cunning 4- Flattering the boss. The intention here is more brown-nosing than it is seduction. - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Mar 8, 2016 3:03 pm
"We might need to go out and do some shopping Bossu..." Akita adds.
Mar 9, 2016 3:30 pm
"Of course shopping is fun Akita, but the boss is very busy today, as are we. We should save such indulgences for when we have the time."

Rolls

Will(3) roll discussed before - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Mar 10, 2016 3:39 am
"I must agree with Kohaku. Our schedule is quite busy today, and we must rely on the other capable members of our staff to accomplish such tasks. I am certain the kitchen staff will also appreciate our waiting until they are able to give their readiness report later today. If all goes according to schedule, in about 30 minutes." Rina says, looking at her watch with a nod.

Rolls

Helping throw Akita under the bus, Skill 4 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Mar 10, 2016 3:54 am
Kohaku's 12 and Rina's 8 (Throwing shade) > Saki's 8 and Akita's 4 (Attempting to calm him down)
20 > 12! Saki and Akita take a total of 5 stress! (I recommend rollin the RPS game to determine who takes the stress! :P)

"HMM.. hmm. Bah, well I guess it's already happened so I shouldn't get too upset about it. Nobody needs to be fired either, since I was informed about the matter quickly..."

He still seems upset about losing his prized bathtub, but not enough to freak out about it.

"Since Kohaku is the one who is fired up the most, I'm tasking her with catching the perpetrator. But I want to have a word with the thief myself when you catch him, Gahahaha!"

Kohaku had the highest single score, so she got the job! Kohaku can now give out favor to other maids for tasks regarding the capture of the thief! She'll get all the favor when the overall mission is completed.

Floyd then rises from his seat and prepares for the next item on his agenda: meeting with the staff for morning updates. He usually starts with the front desk and works his way around the hotel from there.

Rolls

1d6 (Reduced stress damage) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Mar 10, 2016 3:58 am
OOC:
If it makes you feel better I just deleted my post since it was a few minutes after yours. Xp
Mar 12, 2016 4:11 am
"Thank you for believing in me! Master Floyd! I will not let you down! I shall begin as soon as we clear away breakfast. Do you want the other maids to assist you, or may a enlist them in my search? Kohaku has jumped to her feet and bows deeply to Boss Floyd.
Mar 12, 2016 10:36 am
"Yes you all should work together, and you have my authority to use anything you need to accomplish this task. Rina, do you still want to accompany me meeting with the staff? Or are you going to stop this thief of ours?"

Before making his way down to the lobby, a messenger enters the room with a package for Floyd. He reads off the card that came with the gift.

"Ah, what's this? It says 'From an fan who admires your sass'. Gaha, I do have sass, don't I?!"

After tearing off the wrapping paper, Floyd finds a small bottle of viscous fluid.

"Hmm, is this?... A shot of sacred syrup?! From the legendary 'Great Mother Maple Tree'? I thought that was just a myth... They say it has some sort of effect on those who drink it."

Rolling the bottle side to side, Floyd strokes his chin. He uncorks it, and smells the contents

"I don't really believe in fairy tales or magic, but I can tell this syrup is of the finest quality! A good way to finish breakfast, down the hatch!"

He quickly drains the contents, licking his lips after he finishes.

"Gahaha! Delicious!... Enough chit chat, let's get back to work."

Rolls

2d6

(54) = 9

Mar 14, 2016 10:19 pm
"Hai" Kohaku gives Boss Floyd a bow then clears away some dishes (without over burdening herself and risking an accident) and heads toward the private kitchen.
Mar 15, 2016 5:24 am
"yes, I will accompany you. I believe in the ability of the others to ensure the capture of the thief and the return of your bath. However.." Rina says, removing a piece of chalk from a pocket of her dress and drawing something on a nearby wall. After a short incantation, a large black dog with burning eyes crawls from the circle (which vanishes without a trace afterwards) and lands on the ground. Rina kneels down to rub it's ears, cooing. "Good boy, coming when mommy calls you! Good boy!" She takes it by either side of it's head, looking it in the eye. "Now Snuffles, mommy needs you to go with her friends and help them find Master Floyds bath! Can you do that?" The demonic hound..Snuffles, it seems, barks in affirmation--a booming sound that would strike terror into the hearts of lesser men than Floyd, and bounds off towards Kohaku.

"I apologize for the interruption. Let us continue."

Rolls

Using demon hound to sniff out a clue, Skill 4 - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Mar 15, 2016 9:00 am
The demonic hound gets a hold of the thief's scent, and begins to lead Kohaku and Rina around the hotel. It appears that the intruder has struck all over the hotel!

The path shows a clear pattern in thefts - all of the luxury soaps and hygiene products are missing! If the thief is allowed to continue the hotel will lose all of its soap, and Floyd's reputation will be forever damaged!

While Kohaku and Rina are investigating, Saki and Akita are tidying up the upstairs. However, something is wrong. Boss Floyd has not left his room since breakfast. He's usually punctual when he meets his staff every morning, what could be the problem?

With Akita's cat like hearing, she can tell Floyd is still in his room. As a maid it is entirely within your rights to investigate! What if he's been attacked or worse - he spilled something on his suit and his clothes need to be immediately so it does not stain!

Upon closer inspection of the mysterious package, Saki can tell that the vial of syrup had some kind of magical component. What on earth did he drink?
Mar 19, 2016 5:50 pm
"The thief seems to be focused on stealing cleaning materials. That is an interesting clue. Good work Tsuniko."

"Now, who would possibly want so many cleaning products and appliances?"

Rolls

Cunning(2) to deduce who the thief might be, or at least get another clue. - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Mar 19, 2016 6:21 pm
Akit’a jaw sets and gives Saki a sideways glance.

Okay… I guess everyone expects the cooking staff for the hotel will have free time while cooking for several VIPs for the party to cook for people that are not only picky about their food but would likely make them ‘disappear’ if it’s really bad… she thought to herself.

Focused on cleaning the upstairs area Akita’s ear pop straight up and she looks around sniffing the air. Her Cat Girl pervy sense tingled a bit and she moved with rapid succession dusting as she went so her counterparts wouldn’t state she was just stalking the master. Outside his bedroom she stood and looked at the time. He wasn’t suppose to still be here, with a quick look around she cleared her throat and stated she was coming in somewhat quietly out of formality and went in to investigate. With the precision of an attack dog and stalker rolled into one she opened the door and moved in trying to be stealthy... Although it smelt like the Master it might be the thief having dosed themselves in his bathwater.

Rolls

Moving in on the low (i.e. like a cat on all fours) Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Secret Roll

Mar 21, 2016 11:54 am
Kohaku has head stories about a criminal organization that specializes in stealing luxury items, but she does not know their exact name.With the information that the thieves are after the hotel's exotic and/or luxury soaps, Kohaku is able to devise a trap - a honeypot that would be impossible to ignore.

She heads into the deep storage room in the basement, and retrieves crates of Floyd's secret stash of legendary 'Pine Soaps'. Each bar of soap is said to contain an entire pine tree! She displays the soap right in the middle of the hotel courtyard, and instructs the hotels best guards to discretely keep watch over the area. There's no way that the criminals could pass up this opportunity, and Kohaku plants to catch them red-handed.

She decides to head back upstairs to inform Boss Floyd of her plan.

Inside Floyd's room, Akita makes a shocking discovery - a woman! She's wearing the boss's clothes, smoking his cigar, lounging on his bed, and is digging through his closet!! What?! Is she Floyd's secret lover?! She turns towards to opening door, but Akita's cat-like reflexes allowed her to remain hidden.

http://i.imgur.com/oOSNA72.jpg

"Eh? What's going on?"

The woman's voice reminds Akita of Boss Floyd.

"Gehehe, first I accidentally drink some magic potion and now my doors are opening on their own!"

She turns away from the door and continues to dig though the closet, talking to herself.

"Gun, where's my gun? If these thieves want a war, I'll give em one!"

Roughly, at the same time Kohaku arrives at the second floor. As soon as she steps into the common room, her phone goes off with a message from the guards.

Possible targets spotted outside the hotel. Looks like they want to fight, so we've evacuated the hotel
Mar 21, 2016 1:34 pm
Akita’s tail goes straight and bushels out almost tripling in size. Almost being spotted she fades into the decorations almost taking on a professional contortionist like state to mimic the shape of furniture. Remaining rigid Akita’s arm start to shake a bit just after the intruder turns away and seems to dismiss the door opening and closing.

Facial Expression after hearing the voice: D= Wait wah? 0.o` *Almost fall over*

"Her door? Her Gun." Akita thinks to herself standing upright and walking over nostrils flaring.

With a couple whiffs Akita stops and purses her lips turning and hunching over taking a whiff of the clothes she hadn’t washed yet. The smell of sweat wasn’t on this girl but the Master’s personal scent or musk was…. Had he been rubbing up on this girl… Akita blushes her mind going into Ero fantasies as she exhales a small puff of steam her face bright red.

Clearing her throat Akita makes herself known, "Excuse me Oujo-san, what’s this about drinking some magic potion, your gun, thieves, and a war? Also what are you doing in my Master’s bedroom?" Akita states trying to stay professional and not sound jealous.

Don’t look… gah… I can’t help it I’m checking out her sizes… I’m in wrappings but I should still be bigger!!!! D8 she thinks to herself stand upright to jut her chest out.
Last edited March 22, 2016 12:52 am

Rolls

I guess Skill to talk to the Lady? (Skill 2) - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Mar 22, 2016 12:40 am
"Who is THAT!" Kohaku enters a battle stance an whips out her transforming feather duster whip with a flurry of feathers.
Mar 23, 2016 11:47 am
OOC:
Sorry, been busy as hell. Will have something up by Friday!
Mar 23, 2016 2:55 pm
OOC:
I'm trying to figure out if Kohaku is talking over her comms about the 'invaders' with security or she busted into the room and is asking about the woman Akita might pat down to see if it's the boss. =3
Mar 24, 2016 1:12 pm
The woman turns towards Kohaku and Akita.

"Akita, did you just call me 'Oujo'? Do you not recognize..."

Her voice trails off as she attempts to pull something out of the closet. After a short struggle, she triumphantly whips out a rather large revolver and turns towards the maid with a devilish grin.

"You own boss?! Well, I don't blame you. Someone slipped me some kind of potion in that syrup I drank."

Seeing the dumbfounded look on Akita and Kohaku's faces, she elaborates.

"You want me to prove that it's me, Boss Floyd? Alright. Kohaku, we met at that museum heist! You totally knocked out a security guard! And Akita... well you have a pretty strange birthmark located on your... well I shouldn't say anymore because you almost shot me last time! Gehehe!"
Mar 24, 2016 2:31 pm
Facial Expression: Σ=Δ

Akita robotically moves forward her eyes blank with the mention of the birthmark. Staring at the Boss Lady in the eye Akita slowly blinks her hand coming up in a mechanical jerky fashion as if powered by clockwork gears.

She puts a hand on her Boss' bosom...

*gyu* *gyu* *gyu*

"We agreed no talky talky about the birthmark.... Also you should probably get a bra if you're going to be running around and shooting with these." Akita states letting go taking a step back and looking down at her hand and closing it a few times even though it was empty.

"If it's permanent, No Problem Bossu. You still got it plus you got a sexy female body now!" Akita states giving the boss two thumbs up as large feline grin spreads on her face and her eyes flashing like four point stars since she approves.

"Now that we know you're you Bossu..." Akita states wiping a bit of drool from her mouth before she pulls out a rather large sniper rifle from under her skirt and slaps in a magazine, "What's this about some fat pig trash thieves that the master doesn't like that want a war? Do you want them alive and captured or executed four family member relations deep" she asks her words describing the thieves hard and rough as she hoisted a surprisingly heavy gun for someone her size.
Last edited March 24, 2016 2:32 pm
Mar 28, 2016 8:29 am
"Yes well, I can already feel my shoulders getting stiff. I think whoever spiked that syrup intended to weaken me! That way they could break in and ruin my hotel! Kind of puts a damper on the whole RPS tournament thing, but revenge must take precedence!"

At that moment a large explosion near the main entrance on the hotel causes the floor to shake. Even from the bedroom, you can hear shouts and the sounds of fighting coming from the courtyard.

"Those fiendish criminals! What did I ever do to deserve this kind of treatment? ... On second thought I probably do deserve this a little, gehehe. To war!!"

Boss Floyd loads the revolver with a speed loader and pushes past Akita and Kohaku to make her way to the courtyard. Floyd can shoot, but this is a perfect situation for the heavily armed maids as well!
Mar 28, 2016 1:15 pm
Putting on gloves and some shooting goggles Akita shuffles in behind the boss his tail swinging about happily... since it was outside Ground Maintenance for the hotel would be in charge of clean up. X3...

Reaching into her pocket she pulled out an ear piece and put it in before digging out a spare one and tapped the boss's upper arm with the back of her gloved hand offering it up. Once handed off or pocketed she'd click on her comms, "All Maids, calling all Maids. This is Bloody Kitten. Explosion in courtyard from invaders, numbers and threat level unknown. Big Kahuna is moving to engage, I repeat Big Kakuna is moving to engage threat. Supporting Big Kahuna, Initiate Operation: Hawaiian Pineapple Luau. Bloody Kitten out." she stated chambering a round.
OOC:
I figure this isn't our first rodeo considering the Boss' background.
Last edited March 28, 2016 1:16 pm
Mar 31, 2016 12:49 pm
OOC:
Sorry, again. Had to work late due to help someone else with their project that they had jacked up. Yay, teamwork!
Boss Floyd takes the offered ear pierce, and then bolts down the stairs with a "Gehehe!". Meanwhile, Akita sets herself up on the second floor, facing the hotel entrance and overlooking the courtyard.

The invaders have already gotten into the hotel! The band of thieves look organized, but a little scruffy. Some have ski masks, some wear masks, and some are wearing animal costumes. The luxurious pine soap that Kohaku had laid out worked perfectly, as most of the thieves were hastily trying to grab as much of it as they could - stuffing the bars of soap down their pants, shirts, and other places.

Floyd's distinct (though now feminine) voice rings into the commlinks of all the maids, "Shoot em all! We'll send them runnin' back home with their tails between their legs! Gehe--"

There is a short bit of static before Floyd's voice returns, although she now sounds more paniced. Based on the background noise it sounds like she has made her way outside. You also hear gunfire, and an odd mechanical sound as well.

"--hehe... Oh my god! What have those monsters done to you?!"

After that statement, the line falls back into ominous static. Is the boss in life-threatening danger? More importantly (to Akita, at least) will her clothes get torn off in the fight?!

There is a mountain of minions in your way. If you want to make it to the Boss, you'll need to plow through them first!
Mar 31, 2016 1:30 pm
"Roger that." Akita states over coms assessing targets for the most threatening among the group and flipping off the safety.
High velocity rounds start raining down from the second floor, Akita has one foot planted on the banister her dressed hiked up but fortunately a vase blocks the visuals of anything over the game’s rating sticker. She ducks back at times if they return fire, throw things, or when she sees a better position for a shot. As the shells start to hit the carpet and bounce Akita hears Boss Floyd over the comms before it goes to static.
Akita’s jaw stiffens as she drops the clip on her sniper rifle and puts on a larger drum his fangs bearing as she backs up. "Big Kahuna radio silent, possibly down. Going to support." she states tight jawed as she looks at the banister and wall to the side and she sprints moving down to all fours her nails digging in as she moves towards the banister and leaps over the side. Using her momentum she runs the wall moving to standing upright on a lean pulling her gun and aiming it into the masses.
"Ura-ura-ura-ura-ura-ura-ura-ura-ura-ura-ura-ura-ura." she yells over the bark of her sniper rifle.
"You maggot fat pig #)($%# trash want to steal from Boss Floyd and the Maids of the Maple Leaf Hotel?!?!?! Eeeeeeeh? Especially you!" she states her words hard as she spits them out sounding more like a female yakuza member than a danty polite maid of the hotel. She makes her point by trying to put a double tap into someone dressed in an actual pig costume with a red bandana.

Akita darts through the masses her time and experience in urban warfare situations showing as her eyes look dead on the battlefield give out midafternoon death with a frown.

(OoC: Drawing on friendly fire and BFG to chaos enough chaos to push through. No one else wants to jump in? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Rolls

Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 2, 2016 3:33 am
Akita carves a path through the horde of thieves, their bodies collapsing with every shot and shout of URA-URA!. She shots bars of soap right of the hands of the thieves, and even ricochets a few shots to take out multiple people at once. Those who she didn't want to outright murder were sent warning shots that whizzed right though their hair, frightening the thieves so much that they ran away in pure terror! At the end of her rampage, she lands on the back of the thief in the pig costume, and uses the butt of her rifle to knock him out cold. She admires her handiwork before making a sprint for the hotel's entrance.

After her eyes adjust to the light, she finds a monstrous figure standing before her. It looks like some sort of large, battle mech! Inside one of its big robot fists is a sword, and the other one is hold the limp body of Boss Floyd! Looking closely at the robot, Akita can see the words "Bathmaster 8900" on the chest. Did the thieves somehow get the bathtub to transform into a killing machine?!

There's a few gunshots in the mech's armor from Floyd's revolver, but it doesn't appear to have done much damage. Bringing this things down to save Floyd is going to take some serious work!
Apr 2, 2016 3:32 pm
After adjusting to the light Akita could also hear the wild western music play... no wait it was the Bosses MP3 player on the ground...Dropping the empty drum magazine and loading in a fresh clip of Armor Piercing Rounds Akita picks up the Boss's cigar and puts in her mouth.

Gyaaaaaa! Indirect Kiss from the Boss Achievement UNLOCKED!!! she thought to herself puffing on the cigar, before coughing, these things were horrible, it was a wonder the Boss was able to even workout the way he did.

Clicking on coms Akita's voice trembled slightly, "Bathu-chan found. Has taken Big Kahuna hostage, Considered Armed... yeah I know it's a bathtub but it has arms now, and dangerous. Moving to engage. Bloody Kitten out." she stated as she moved around the perimeter of the large mech holding the boss.

Bathu-chan probably caught the Boss by surprise plus the relationship between the two and the time they spent together probably got the Boss to falter. She hadn't experienced it herself, okay there was that one time but a maiden needs her secrets.

Akita paused for a moment her knees bending more so than usual as she moved around the mecha and Hostage. She suddenly blurred as she dashed on a wild random pattern towards the mecha before darting to the side her sniper rifle barking out rounds aiming at the lower leg joints of the bathtub trying to immobilize it, this was only the first step in her actions as she scanned the mecha for the manual overide panel, it was probably the area heavily armored in this format. She'd prefer to go in and saw the Boss but that would just get her smacked bu the BFS in the mecha's hand.

She didn't want to destroy the tub but it could be replaced, her smoking hot and now in uber sexy lady body Boss though she couldn't replace.

Moooooe, where is everyone? I don't really think they're the best overall maid since that's me but the Boss is in a Biiiiig Pinchu (literally) and I could use some help.

She was unsure how the Bath was targeting but she figured fast moment was either really bad or really good, erratic patterns though might throw it off so she'd have a chance to take out it's legs.

Rolls

Run and Gun looking for exploits to whittle down da Washa (Cunning 4) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 4, 2016 11:15 am
The mech spins its sword at a blazing fast speed in order to deflect the onslaught of bullets!

I CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, KUROSAWA-AKITA

Rolls

Windmill Defense(tm)! (Skill 4) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 4, 2016 11:29 am
Akita and the Mech are evenly matched!

The giant robot blocks all of Akita's shots, while spewing out a bunch of steam to hide itself. The robot's engines must be incredible, as the whole area becomes obfuscated with steam! The robot strikes at Akita through the thick air, but Akita's superior instincts allowed her to skillfully dodge all the attacks - though a bit of her hair was sliced off. After the attacks, the robot's metallic, southern accent blares out.

EVALUATING THREAT LEVEL OF KUROSAWA-AKITA... ANALYSIS COMPLETE. KUROSAWA-AKITA, 23 YEARS OLD, EXPERT IN WETWORK, AREA CHILDREN REFER TO HER AS 'NEKO OBA-SAN'.

Akita can hear the Bathmaster 8900 moving around in the steam before he continues speaking.

NEKO OBA-SAN, PLEASE CEASE YOUR VIOLENCE. I HAVE TAKEN GREAT CARE AS TO NOT DIRTY BOSS FLOYD IN THIS ENGAGEMENT. PLEASE RETREAT AND ALLOW THE ORGANIZATION TO ACCOMPLISH THE MISSION
Apr 4, 2016 12:52 pm
"Hooooo? You want to speak a ladies age so casually? And they call me Oba-san since I’m always playing the Pachinko machines, Analysis my tail! What Organization and what Mission!!! If you mean the guys inside trying to just steal soap and making a mess they’ve been disabled. Gyaaaa! You’re not making sense! And put down the Bossu! So explain yourself. NOW! Or I’m going to turn you into a pile of refurbished scrap metal tea kettle." Akita barked back checking the footing in the area due to the mist. Her nostrils were wide trying to find the Bosses scent in the mist.

"You probably don’t want to talk though, I’m a bit on edge since you’re feeling up the Boss and possibly doing this and that… I’m a bit jealous… err I mean that’s not cool man considering how much time you and the boss have spent together. Maybe I can sweeten the deal to get you to talk I know what you’re craving…" Akita stated a few seconds later after calming down from the Oba-san comment since she wasn’t even 25 that waaaay off base.

The sound of crystals clattering onto a stone step before placing the bottle down and moving away. "Special Organix Premium Bathtub Cleaner… since you took off you didn’t give us a chance to clean you after the Boss’ bath. Hurra hurra hurra." Akita teased pulling out a maple leaf face and fanning over the pile of cleaning crystals out into the steamy mist the robot was in possibly.

After daily cleanings from the organic compound cleaning powder the tub unit still looked brand new. If he had concerns about the boss being dirtied or hurt maybe there was something there to exploit… or bribe.

If this keeps up he’s going to have to get a multi facet waterfall shower unit to replace this guy, he better have a good reason to be doing this to the boss and the hotel! Akita thought to herself.
OOC:
Intent: Stalling to find out what he's talking about and possibly distract him.

Rolls

Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Apr 10, 2016 4:49 am
From what Akita can tell, the Bathmaster 8900 is only acting aggressive because he had been reprogrammed to do so. However, the bathtub cleaner has a clear impact on him.

I AM... DIRTY?

His servos to overheat a little as he contemplates his next actions, and tried to overcome the urge to clean.

Rolls

PROCESSING POWER (2 Will) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Apr 10, 2016 4:58 am
Akita's 20 > Bathmaster 8900's 4! The Bathmaster takes 10 stress!

The Bathmaster lets out a weird cry of mental anguish, and something in his internal circuitry pops with a puff of smoke.

nnnEHHHAHHGG COMMENCING SELF CLEANING MODE

The robot drops Floyd, who lands on the ground with a thud, and begins to transform back into an unassuming bathtub. On the outside of the tub there appears to be a jury-rigged antenna that someone hastily attached to the tub's on-board computer.

With her feline senses, Akita hears somebody in the nearby bushes struggling with something.

"Work, damn you! My plan is falling apart... it might be time for me to use... that!
Apr 10, 2016 2:55 pm
Akita moves the Boss when he falls in now female body landing very ungracefully. Kicking off the antenna apparatus she moves to the Boss checking her neck for a pulse as she dropped her magazine switching to tranquilizer darts. Regardless of if her boss was dead (Knowing there was no way her Boss would die just from a small fall like that.) she'd opt to bluff.

"Ah... He's dead... I wonder who I should tell in the Floyd Familia since they would probably want to exact a quick and brutal retaliation..." Akita would comment before aiming and going full auto on the bandit in the bush.

Shooting from the hip Akita will continue to fire into the bushes until there's no leaves left for cover or a target scrambles out. Raising her gun to eye level she would continue to mark her target and pepper them with 'non lethal' darts... granted a dart to the eye or ear was going to hurt a lot... Good thing she was aiming.
OOC:
(Opting to cause a moment of pause in the Bandit since an accidental death and a Mafia Family coming for you may not be what they were expecting.) Also if the boss wakes up I'm motioning for him to play dead.

Rolls

Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Apr 20, 2016 11:34 am
http://67f06aa3cf684abaaf03-53fc19f8a0d79973c21a74eff3e0024c.r96.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-hugerect-289052-115610-1395122349-53349f0293e8d83bab456ae383d02d2b.jpg

A woman wearing a frog costume pops out of the bushes upon hearing Akita's comments, holding a fist in the air defiantly.

"WHAT?! I didn't kill him!"

There's an awkward silence as the frog lady realizes that she had been duped, and she continues to hold her fist in the air out of embarrassment. A moment later, Boss Floyd's unconscious body erupts in POOF of white smoke. Akita takes the opportunity to tag the strange woman with a tranquilizer.

The frog girl attempts to dodge the shot with surprising reflexes, but Akita still manages to nail her right in the jaw. She quickly pulls the dart out, but the damage is already done.

"Owsh, wath wos tshat? Yoos thot me!"

Holder her hand to her jaw, she continues to speak, but her voice is too slurred to comprehend. Although, it doesn't look like she's gonna try to run away as long as Akita has rifle.

After the white smoke clears, it is reveled the Boss Floyd has returned to normal! Hooray! He coughs a little and lets out a groan, but he's definitely alive.

"Ugh, my head. Akita? What the hell is going on?!"
Apr 20, 2016 12:25 pm
Hearing the woman defend herself by jumping into the open was not expected. Akita being Akita though took the opportunity to shoot her target while her defenses were down. Hearing the grown behind her Akita was a bit relieved he was coming to, but the fact it was a male voice had her sucking her teeth, she forgot to snap a picture of the Boss while he was a lady.

Akita sighed looking at the woman in the frog outfit who seemed to start feeling the effects of the traquilzer. With a less focused target and an idea of her body mass Akita thought for a second before shot her again, the dart landing a hit before being accompanied with few friends trailing behind for the maximum non-lethal dose.

"Bossu, are you okay? Did you hurt yourself in the fall? Bath-chan isn't an 'M' okay he was being controlled." Akita begins to explain wiggling and rubbing her cheek against the Boss's "I've found who probably stole Bath-chan and turned him to evil ways. Dispatched the goons that were stealing the soap and caught the thief. With the help of the Boss but mostly BY MYSELF!!! You know any red heads that like wearing Frog costumes?"she asks moving over to poke her quarry with the barrel of her gun that looked like a pin cushion from all the darts in her. She looks over at the Boss and gives a peace sign.

"Also you have to meet with everyone in the next hour and a half before lunch with the Family..." she reminds him looking at her watch and pushing up her shooting shades into her hair.
Last edited April 20, 2016 12:31 pm
May 30, 2016 2:13 pm
Boss Floyd slowly gets up to his feet and takes in the situation.

"Oooh, you got them all with that rifle of yours, did you?! Gahahaha! I knew made the right choice when I hired you! All the hotel staff that warned me about your stalker-like tendencies were dead wrong!"

He walks over to the lady in the frog costume and prods her with his foot.

"Nope, I got no clue who this is. Although I have heard of their organization, we should should leave her and her cronies for the police. Or even better, the Mounties!"

After inspecting the criminals he turns towards Akita with stars in his eyes.

"You saved my life! Maybe I should actually retire now... my back hurts from repetitively getting my ass kicked. Gahah-ah....ooof... it hurts to laugh. Let's get this lunch meeting over with, I think I'll turn the hotel over to my family and then plan an actual retirement. Maybe somewhere safer than Canada, like Japan? Oh, and let the other maids can take care of the clean-up!"

Akita wins the favor race! Whooooooooa, shocker!
May 30, 2016 2:27 pm
~~@@~~EPILOGUE~~@@~~

Boss Floyd handed the hotel over to his mother and current head of family. The Maple Leaf still remained on of the elite hotels in Canada, but it never had the same flair as when Boss Floyd was in charge.

Rina and Kohaku remained faithful maids to the Floyd family, and served the Maple Leaf for many years.

Saki disappeared as mysteriously as she had arrived, though there were rumors that she had gone to South America in order to reopen a portal to the underworld.

Akita's heroic actions earned her an almost mythological status in the Floyd family, and she could always count on their support when she was in Canada. They even build a bronze statue of her in the main lobby, which the other maids had to clean every week!

Marcus Floyd and Akita left for Japan shortly after the massive fight at the Maple Leaf. They took all the guns, money, and syrup they could pack and set off on a one-way trip. They spent their days gambling, fighting, and eating great food - you know, like normal retired people. Eventually Akita got over her embarrassment, and finally got that kissu from the Boss that she always wanted.

The Bathmaster 8900 returned to his post as a normal, non-weaponized bathtub. He eventually met a nice kitchen sink robot, and they had several children.

THE END
OOC:
Ooooor is it?! I might run another game in the future, and do a better job. xP
May 30, 2016 10:07 pm
OOC:
Very cool I had fun. Thanks for running.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.