Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Simple fantasy "beat-em-up" ?

Mar 26, 2020 6:41 pm
I ran a fun game for some of my friends last night (Squirrel Attack! modified using the Quest engine) which was a real hoot. But it was pretty narrative / RP heavy, so I'm in search of a more combat focused experience for our next one-shot (including pre-gen characters). Our group is about 3 - 5 players + a gamemaster (me). Anyone have some suggestions? I'm certainly not opposed to buying something from DriveThruRPG.

I mentioned fantasy in the title, but it doesn't have to be -- that's just how my group usually rolls.

(If anyone wants a copy of the characters from Squirrel Attack as modified, let me know -- I made them as Google Docs)
Last edited March 26, 2020 6:42 pm, a total of 1 time
Mar 26, 2020 7:08 pm
I recall a group played some kind of WWII army combat rpg which was mostly combat oriented and they literally had armored car like the T18 Boarhound I played it briefly with them but I do not recall what the rpg was called
Mar 26, 2020 7:38 pm
Interesting -- yeah, I guess, more than anything else, I'm desiring a game that's less about the RP and more about the combat -- tactical, perhaps -- less "talking" and more rolling dice and killing monsters. Just for something different than what we just did. We all have played D&D for years; simply looking for some "one-off" options to sprinkle in now-and-again.
Mar 26, 2020 8:05 pm
If you don't mind PvP, a bunch of us on GP had a blast with this last year: 5e Team Death Match. You can find streams to watch people play it.
Last edited March 26, 2020 8:06 pm, a total of 1 time
Mar 26, 2020 8:18 pm
What about HackMaster
Mar 26, 2020 8:33 pm
If you want tactical, you can't go wrong with Melee and Wizard from Steve Jackson Games. Very tactical and unforgiving, but requires a hex map.
Mar 27, 2020 2:56 pm
Thanks for these suggestions!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.