Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Mar 9, 2016 10:19 pm
Hmm. A faucet. Anything in the sarcophagus, other than water? Are their drains or other holes in it? I'll poke my sword into the standing water if I can't see through it.
Mar 9, 2016 10:19 pm
Felor watches the water splattering into the sarcophagus. It reminded him of a drinking trough for livestock or horses... but surely no-one would bring those down here. So what was it for? Wormfellow, whatever that was?
OOC:
Wondering if this thing is supposed to summon the Wormfellow somehow?
Last edited March 9, 2016 10:19 pm
Mar 9, 2016 10:21 pm
There doesn't seem to be a drain in the sarcophagus/bathtub. Mordred's sword-probing doesn't reveal any significant objects, just crud and slime.
Mar 9, 2016 10:30 pm
Still puzzling over the function of the sarcophagus, Felor examines the room for any signs of, or tracks from, animals or wildlife.

Rolls

Nature check - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Mar 9, 2016 10:38 pm
Felor finds some dead woodlice under the broken pottery. There are some minor scuffs and scratches on the ground and walls that could have been caused by animals, but nothing conclusive.
Mar 9, 2016 10:39 pm
Perhaps some sort of ritual cleansing of the dead?

Rolls

Religion - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Mar 9, 2016 10:50 pm
Mordred knows of no death rituals involving washing-tubs.

The graffiti on the sarcophagus provides few clues as to its purpose, varying widely in age, coloration, and sentiment. Most of it is of a self-identifying ("Krimsor was here!") or vulgar (rustic drawings of reproductive organs are plentiful) nature, some is incomprehensible. There are short poems, threats ("In Mit-Ratu's name, I will slay Harrall the cheat"). Several languages and more than one dialect of thieves' cant are represented. You notice that the largest graffito, and probably the most recent, given that no other mark has been inscribed on top of it, says in bold white lettering: "WORMFELLOW IS GOOD."
Mar 9, 2016 10:56 pm
For now, Mordred will let it continue to fill the tub, to see if there is a weight-based trigger.
Mar 9, 2016 10:58 pm
The stream is pretty thin, and the tub is large. This could take awhile.
Mar 10, 2016 3:16 am
"What do you think friends? Back to the crossroads to see if we can find some sign of Zora down one of the other passages?"
Mar 10, 2016 3:21 am
"Turn off the water, if we're out of here," says Zangua, pointing to the skull-adorned rod.
Mar 10, 2016 8:42 pm
What's the plan, party?

Continue poking around here?
Check out the north tunnel?
Go back to the crossroads?
Mar 10, 2016 9:06 pm
If no one else has strong feelings, I'm inclined to head back to the crossroads and see if we can see signs of Zora down the other paths.
Mar 11, 2016 1:13 am
Leth sighs in frustration. "We're not really getting anywhere... we don't know which way Zora went, and we have no idea how to navigate these tunnels ourselves. It stands to reason she'd try to head south, towards Hazard, but any of these tunnels could turn and head southward... If you didn't see any signs of her in the north passage," He says, looking at Mordred, "I'd suggest heading back to the first crossroads and checking out some of the other passageways, or try rappelling down the pit to check out the lower floor... although it seems unlikely she would have taken that route."
Last edited March 11, 2016 1:14 am
Mar 11, 2016 2:07 am
"Well," begins Zangua, "let's look at it this way; if we're having a hard time finding your friend, chances are that cult is, too. I mean, if it were made easy for us, you'd think they'd have gotten to her by now."
Mar 11, 2016 3:22 am
After shutting off the tap, Mordred takes a quick look down the north passage.
Last edited March 11, 2016 3:22 am
Mar 11, 2016 6:30 am
The north passage leads to a narrow tunnel that corkscrews down, like a spiral staircase.
Mar 11, 2016 10:10 am
"Mordred, care to do the honours?" says Felor, nodding to the northern passage.
load next

Thread locked