Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Mar 21, 2016 8:57 pm
Nine goblins fill the hall, running toward the chamber. Wearing piecemeal armor, they carry wooden spears with fire-hardened tips, save for one wielding a broken longsword two-handed. Taller by a head than the others, their leader stands behind the nine, at the intersection, holding his double-bladed axe.

Gonna roll for the goblins in groups of 3 while we wait for Shamush, Leth, and Vad to roll initiative.

Rolls

Goblin group A initiative - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Goblin group B initiative - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Goblin group C (includes sword goblin) initiative - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Goblin boss initiative - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Mar 21, 2016 9:28 pm
"Nasty little things!" Vad thinks as he sizes up the hallway entrance and the positions of the goblins.
OOC:
Going to Web them, given the chance.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Mar 21, 2016 9:38 pm
I say we kill the broadsword one first, because you just know he finds a way to humblebrag about his broadsword all the time. "Ugh, this effing sword is so heavy, and the sharpening! Don't get me started. Never used to have these #swordproblems back in the day with my good old wooden spear."
Mar 21, 2016 10:09 pm
Rather relieved to see they're not staring down a large metallic humanoid, Leth readies himself for combat.

Just goblins... we can handle this.

Rolls

Inish' - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Mar 22, 2016 1:04 pm
Shamush tosses his torch to the ground ahead of the party and reaches for one of his throwing axes. He watches the goblins approach with glittering eyes.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Mar 22, 2016 4:09 pm
Here is the order of combat. If two players are tied for initiative, whoever posts first goes first.

1. Goblins A
2. Leth, Vad, Zangua
3. Goblins B
4. Shamush, Mordred
5. Goblins C
6. Felor
7. Goblin Boss

Having successfully hidden himself, Mordred can make an opportunity attack as the first three goblins charge into the room. After that, regular combat will begin.

The first three goblins to exit the tunnel blindly thrust their spears around the corners and spin around as they come through, ending up back to back, crouched on their heels, ready to spring into action. Clearly these goblins are no stranger to tactical cavern combat, but as they prepare to strike, none of them seem to notice the Mordred-shaped lump nearby...
Mar 22, 2016 4:21 pm
So, if I'm attacking without being seen, that means I have advantage on the attack, which means I can Sneak Attack, if I'm interpreting the rules correctly. Feel free to only use my first attack roll and regular damage roll if that is not the case.

Hearing the goblins rush down the hall, Mordred notches an arrow to his bowstring, and as they enter the chamber, he lets it fly.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Attack (Advantage) - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Short Bow Damage - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Sneak Attack Damage - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Mar 22, 2016 4:31 pm
Mordred fires an arrow over the goblins' heads and into the wall. As the second wave of goblins rushes into the chamber, the first three -- as goblins are wont to do -- swarm towards whoever they size up as the biggest threat: the big barbarian, Shamush. As goblins are also wont to do, they leverage their small stature as best they can and aim for the groin.

Edit: Skilled at evading such attacks, Shamush deftly pivots, denying the wooden spearpoints purchase.

Leth and Zangua, you're up next!

Rolls

Goblin A1 spear attack vs Shamush - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Goblin A2 spear attack vs Shamush - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Goblin A3 spear attack vs Shamush - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Mar 22, 2016 4:40 pm
Zangua fires his hand crossbow at one of the goblins attacking Shamush. The steel in his eyes betray his concern at facing such a large number of opponents in tight quarters. He doesn't bother to reload, instead drawing his club and one of his handaxes to prepare for melee.
OOC:
Unsure if I am able to draw two weapons after firing the crossbow. I can edit my actions accordingly.

Rolls

Hand Crossbow vs Goblin A1 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (19) + 4 = 23

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Mar 22, 2016 5:12 pm
You can go ahead and draw after firing.

Zangua fires a bolt between the shoulder blades of the first goblin to lunge at Shamush. It screams, whipping its head around, and the second wave of incoming goblins start to circle up around Zangua.

Leth and Vad are up next!
Mar 22, 2016 6:25 pm
Do you mind if I switch Smamush to drawing his club instead of his throwing axe? I thought we had a round of ranged combat before the groups came together.
Mar 22, 2016 10:14 pm
Disappointed that the opportunity to catch the beasts in a web has passed Vad quickly changes tactics. With a few highly recited words and quick flick of his wrist he sends a ray of frost at one of the goblins just starting to encircle Smamush.
OOC:
He's aiming for one of the gobos in the B group.
EDIT: How about I actually roll some dice...
EDIT 2: Fly on a random creature within 60'
Last edited March 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Rolls

Attack Roll, Damage - (1d20+5, 1d8)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d8 : (5) = 5

Wild Magic Roll - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Wild Magic Surge - (1d100)

(88) = 88

Mar 22, 2016 10:30 pm
The goblin Vad aims at lifts his leg just in time, and the ray of frost sprays a frozen fractal pattern on the ground. The cold won't bother that goblin today!

Let's see...six party members, minus Vad, and ten goblins, all within 60'...can this thing roll a fifteen-sided dice? 1=Shamush, 2=Zangua, 3=Leth, 4=Felor, 5=Mordred, 6-8=goblins A, 9-11=goblins B, 12-13=goblins C, 14=sword goblin, 15=goblin boss

Edit: Felor suddenly feels light on his feet. Very light. He starts to drift upwards...

Felor, you can Fly! This magical effect will last for 10 minutes.

Rolls

Wild magic target - (1d15)

(4) = 4

Mar 22, 2016 10:41 pm
Leth has the next action, then the goblins surrounding Zangua will go.
Mar 23, 2016 9:24 am
holy shit! lol
Can I control my flying movement or is it like gravity just shut down and I'm floating around?
Edit: OK, I'm assuming I'm under the "Fly" spell and have full control over movement, correct?
Last edited March 23, 2016 12:15 pm
Mar 23, 2016 5:59 pm
Yes, you have been granted the full powers of flight, in this enclosed, low-ceilinged, underground cavern!

Waiting on Leth
Mar 24, 2016 9:41 am
When it gets to my turn can you give me a rough layout of everyone's position?This is for the purposes of an AOE spell.
Mar 24, 2016 2:06 pm
Maybe skip Leth for now and let him jump back into the order once he's ready? No offense to thedandyman, as I know I've been too busy to check in for a couple days from time to time, but I'd hate to lose momentum at this point in the action.
Mar 24, 2016 4:14 pm
Yeah I'm gonna let the Goblins B group have their turn and bump Leth to the Shamush/Mordred slot. Felor, I have Mordred crouched just to the west of the north exit, Vad on the other side, Shamush standing a few yards back from the exit and Zangua a little ahead and to his left, Leth and Felor to his right.

The goblins surrounding Zangua start to harry him with their spears.

Rolls

Goblin B1 spear attack vs Zangua - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Goblin B2 spear attack vs Zangua - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Goblin B3 spear attack vs Zangua - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

load next

Thread locked