Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Mar 28, 2016 11:07 pm
The goblin dives under Shamush's first swing, scrabbling on the ground to turn himself around and get away from the barbarian, but the second swing lands against the back of his head and he collapses, dead.

All is quiet in the chamber. Felor still floats up against the ceiling. All the goblins have been killed.
Mar 28, 2016 11:22 pm
"Well," coughs Zangua, sitting on the ground to find something to bandage his bleeding legs, "if I had doubts about you three in a fight, you certainly lived up to them."

A pause.

"I meant surpassed them. No, I meant, not lived up to them. I meant... well you know what I meant." He shuts up.
Mar 28, 2016 11:34 pm
The adrenaline of the fight beginning to fade, Felor unsteadily attempts to float down towards the ground and move towards Zangua. As he reaches the badly wounded warrior, Felor holds a hand to the man's forehead and intones "Mighty Fjorgyn, heal this brave soldier who has shed his blood for the greater good."

Cast Cure Wounds on Zangua using level 2 spell slot.
Last edited March 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Rolls

Healing - (2d8+2)

(24) + 2 = 8

Mar 28, 2016 11:45 pm
Leth looks around the room, making sure all the goblins are dead, and puts his bow away again. Glancing at Felor as he floats down to the ground, Leth looks at him with a raised eyebrow and asks, "Have you always been able to do that?"
OOC:
I just realized I never took advantage of my new Ranger Poultice-making abilities before we headed underground... Wasted opportunity.
Mar 28, 2016 11:47 pm
Seeing that Zangua is in the capable hands of the Flying Felor, Vad will take a moment to search through the bodies to see if anything interesting turns up.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Mar 28, 2016 11:54 pm
The dead goblins aren't carrying anything valuable. Their boss had an iron dagger in his belt, and a hide pouch containing 8 copper and 3 silver pieces.

However, as Vad searches the goblin boss's body, he glances down the west end of the intersection and sees what the goblins were dragging: a 6' long iron-bound wooden trunk and a large cloth sack inside a rope net.
Mar 29, 2016 12:00 am
Vad inspects each item that he pilfers before tossing each aside in disgust. "For all the trouble they gave us you'd think they'd have some...." Before he can even finish his thought he catches a glimpse of what the goblins were hauling.

"Might have found something." he says as he carefully heads towards the trunk.
OOC:
Vad will slowly walk over to the trunk and start to cut away the netting.
Mar 29, 2016 12:03 am
Vad starts to remove the netting. He can see wooden handles sticking out of the end of the sack resting on top of the trunk.
Mar 29, 2016 4:26 am
Leth, wary of what might be in the box, will help Vad.
Mar 29, 2016 5:18 am
There are four small picks and four small shovels in the sack, still caked with fresh earth.

The trunk is secured with two heavy iron padlocks.
Mar 29, 2016 6:52 am
"Certainly packing some hefty steel for simple miners," mutters Zangua as he rests. He watches the group fiddle with the trunk with mild interest, concerned more with his own physical condition.
Mar 29, 2016 12:08 pm
"Is it a coffin? Those look like graverobbers' tools." Mordred examines the trunk to see if it appears to have been recently unearthed.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Mar 29, 2016 2:29 pm
It looks like a trunk for storage, not a coffin, although you could fit a body in there. There's no dirt on its top or sides, so it likely wasn't buried when the goblins found it.
Mar 29, 2016 2:36 pm
What's the check for lockpicking?
Mar 29, 2016 2:53 pm
Dexterity, and if you have Thieves Tools & proficiency with them you can add proficiency bonus.
Mar 29, 2016 3:00 pm
Mordred is eager to put his professional training to the test and dusts off his delicate thieves' tools to pick the padlocks on the trunk. "These look pretty simple, shouldn't be but a moment..." He cracks his knuckles and gets to work.

Rolls

Padlock #1 (Dex bonus + 2x prof w/ thieves' tools) - (1d20+7)

(15) + 7 = 22

Padlock #2 (Dex bonus + 2x prof w/ thieves' tools) - (1d20+7)

(9) + 7 = 16

Mar 29, 2016 3:10 pm
Shamush lights a fresh torch and looks over the goblins he was engaged with speculatively. "Ugly little blighters, ain't they? Never seen one before, let alone fought one. Fierce for their size." He pats one on the cheek, "You shoulda just turned tail and ran, chum." He then stands up and goes over to Zangua and asks. "You alright?"
Mar 29, 2016 3:20 pm
Do we want to take a short rest for Zangua to heal up a bit?
Mar 29, 2016 3:34 pm
rocksteady says:
Do we want to take a short rest for Zangua to heal up a bit?
Probably a good idea.
Mar 29, 2016 3:54 pm
Mordred manages to disengage the locks without much difficulty.

How long do you want to rest?
load next

Thread locked