Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Mar 30, 2016 7:25 pm
Mordred would recognize that these prints are too big to be Zora's.
Mar 30, 2016 7:36 pm
OOC:
@Rocksteady that map is awesome and SO helpful!
Leth looks at the print. "If this is indeed her footprint, then she was leaving this side passage... but where to?" He looks at the rest of the group. "Which passages haven't we checked yet?"
Mar 30, 2016 7:37 pm
"None of you looked at her feet before?" asks Zangua. It's an honest question without sarcasm; he truly wants to know.
Mar 30, 2016 7:43 pm
Mordred, at the very least, would have had occasion to notice whether she had normal-sized feet. He would not believe these to be Zora's footprints.
Mar 30, 2016 8:00 pm
"None of you looked at her feet before?"

"She's been small for her age since childhood - those can't be her feet."

"Which passages haven't we checked yet?"

"Someone else should check the west passage, but I'm confident the other ones bear no trace of the strange boots."
Mar 30, 2016 8:46 pm
Somebody poke their head down the west passage and give me a Perception or Investigation roll!
Mar 30, 2016 8:47 pm
Zangua does so, at first literally just sticking his head into the passage to give it a listen and a sniff, then begins to walk down the hallway.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Mar 30, 2016 8:51 pm
This passage smells earthy, like the others. It extends for at least 100', due west.

Alone in the tunnel Zangua feels like he can hear faint echoes of...something. Nothing he can put his finger on.
Mar 31, 2016 12:48 am
Zangua pauses only briefly to listen, then he returns to the common room and taps his ear before jerking a thumb over his shoulder.
Mar 31, 2016 9:41 am
Felor frowns at Zangua's gesture, but then enters the passage to try and hear what he'd heard.

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Mar 31, 2016 4:03 pm
Felor hears only faint echoes of a sound so distant and muffled it has lost all of its particular character.
Mar 31, 2016 4:05 pm
Mordred whispers to the party, "We might as well investigate this sound further." He slinks down the tunnel a bit past Felor, listening carefully.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Perception - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 31, 2016 4:20 pm
To Mordred it almost sounds like...a large bell ringing, somewhere far away.

As he is straining to hear the sound, it stops.
Mar 31, 2016 4:29 pm
Could the bell be a church bell? Do we have any sense of what time of day it is?

So to recap, we are fairly confident that the trail of the square bootprints has completely dried up? Other than that we have the goblins and the now-stopped ringing bell as leads. The goblins didn't get these fine and fragile antiquities from their own hoard, so I'm inclined to head towards where they were coming from, but maybe the bell is a church in Hazard? Mordred is pissed that we don't have any solid leads on Zora. Anyone have any investigational ideas?
Last edited March 31, 2016 4:30 pm
Mar 31, 2016 4:32 pm
Zangua reminds Mordred that there's still the bare human footprint; the party could head in that direction to see if something or someone there leads to Zora.
Mar 31, 2016 4:36 pm
Right! Thank you. I think if I had to vote at this point I'd say 1) Bell 2) Goblins 3) Footprint. What does everyone else think?
Mar 31, 2016 4:40 pm
Trying not to show signs of weakness, Zangua tests his legs again and prefers goblins be at the very bottom of the list.
Mar 31, 2016 4:45 pm
Let's see, you got here in the morning, poked around for a bit, walked along the underground river for quite a while, fought goblins, rested for an hour, backtracked...it's mid-afternoon?

You haven't gone far enough to be close enough to Hazard to be hearing its church bells, leaving aside the fact that churches with bells aren't so much a thing in Bload.

Nota bene re: the footprint, it "leads" to the thimble room. However, the tunnel you found it in had a patch of soft ground that would likely have caught the bootprints if there were any, so you can probably rule that tunnel out as far as tracking the printmaker.
Mar 31, 2016 4:58 pm
Do any of the other passages have that sort of "obvious lack" of the bootprints, or is it plausible that the bootprinter went in any of those directions but just didn't (or couldn't) leave prints?
Mar 31, 2016 5:09 pm
Any of the other passages could be a possibility. The footprint passage (lower level northwest) is the only one you could plausibly rule out.
load next

Thread locked