Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Mar 31, 2016 6:13 pm
Are there scratches like we've been seeing in any of the passages (other than the room where we fought the goblins)?
Mar 31, 2016 6:18 pm
Yes, here and there. Not in great concentrations.
Mar 31, 2016 6:45 pm
"Goblins might also have bells," shrugs Zangua as everyone mulls what to do. He tugs on his trousers from under the scale armor, as something seems to be riding up.
Mar 31, 2016 6:47 pm
Here are your immediate further-exploration options:

1. West passage (100' to the west at least, heard a distant bell-like sound)
2. Lower northwest passage (a barefoot human came out of this passage, but the squared-off boot wearer apparently did not pass through here)
3. North passage
4. Back to the goblin chamber T-intersection, west tunnel (where the goblins came from)
5. Back to the goblin chamber T-intersection, east tunnel (where the goblins seemed to be heading)
6. Back to the underground river, continue following it generally southwest
Mar 31, 2016 7:23 pm
Mordred figures that the bell signifies some level of civilization and organization, and at the very least more clues to Zora's location. The passage with the human footprint is interesting, but seems like a distraction if we are assuming the boot-person is tracking Zora (which may well be inaccurate).

So that's to say I vote 1.
Last edited March 31, 2016 8:29 pm
Mar 31, 2016 8:47 pm
How about a quick vote on which way to go next?
Mar 31, 2016 8:50 pm
Zangua rotates his shoulder and cricks his neck. "Finding a town sounds good. I wouldn't mind restocking some supplies and taking a load off. So it's the bell for me."
Mar 31, 2016 10:43 pm
"That bell sound is the closest thing we've found to a sign of life, so... That has my vote. But if it turns out to be a dead lead, I say we go back to the main tunnel and keep heading towards Hazard."
OOC:
So... how long have we been down here? And how far have we come? If the tunnels go all the way to Hazard... we might actually not have gone very far down them yet. Meaning this is a massive labyrinth that will be very easy to get lost or sidetracked in.
Mar 31, 2016 10:53 pm
You've been down here about half a day. Hazard is still miles away.
Mar 31, 2016 11:08 pm
Was the underground river heading in the general direction of Hazard?
Mar 31, 2016 11:13 pm
It was bring you closer to Hazard, but if it kept going southwest it would eventually have taken you past it; Hazard is almost due south of your current position.
Apr 1, 2016 12:12 am
"Bell sounds interesting." Shamush says as he heaves himself back to his feet. He stretches out and blinks away fatigue.
Apr 1, 2016 3:58 pm
About 200' into the west tunnel, you reach a side tunnel that leads north. The main tunnel continues due west for an indeterminate distance.
Apr 1, 2016 4:00 pm
Any tracks/scratches/bells?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Apr 1, 2016 4:15 pm
There are a few scratches on the sides of the tunnel. No obvious tracks.
Apr 1, 2016 5:16 pm
Zangua steps into the north side tunnel and listens, turning his head this way and that before realizing that he ought to remove his helmet for better audio reception.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Apr 1, 2016 5:19 pm
Zangua hears faint echoes of something down the north tunnel...

Not the bell sound. Something like...singing?
Apr 1, 2016 5:24 pm
At the prospect of other living creatures in these tunnels, Zangua returns to the group. He lifts a finger to his lips, points down the north tunnel, and mimes a signal of voices heard.
Apr 1, 2016 8:38 pm
Bells? Singing? Sounds like some sort of religious service.
Apr 2, 2016 6:36 am
Leth looks at Mordred quizzically as if to ask who should be the one to venture into the tunnel to investigate.
load next

Thread locked