Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Apr 6, 2016 10:49 pm
Mordred slips over to Ghaman and speaks to him confidentially. "We will make this right, don't worry Ghaman. So the little girl went up through the source of the stream? How long ago? Where does that lead, anyway? Tell us everything and we will fix it for you."
Last edited April 6, 2016 10:51 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Apr 6, 2016 10:59 pm
"It...it wasn't long ago," Ghaman stammers, keeping his voice low. "My king got word of goblins in the near tunnels, and went out to look for them...the girl -- Marjo -- she asked to take a walk around the moat, and I felt I had no basis to refuse her, so...so..."

Ghaman trails off as Everil drops to his hands and knees. Something strange is happening to him. His breathing is heavy and labored, and thick black and white hairs are starting to needle their way out of his back...
Apr 6, 2016 11:00 pm
OOC:
I guess we know where the scratching comes from? Is he communicating with something in the hive?

Insight - does the king seem like he was genuinely concerned about Zora, or wanted to keep her as a prisoner?
Nature - what in the werld would live in a giant hive?

Edit: whoah, posted that before I saw the update, use the Nature check on "what the fuck is happening to the guy?"
Last edited April 6, 2016 11:01 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Nature - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Apr 6, 2016 11:13 pm
Everil vomits. He starts writhing and scrabbling at the ground with his arms and legs as more and more hair pushes its way through his skin. He rolls his head back and you can see that his very skull has begun to change shape, flattening out and elongating around the mouth and nose...

Felor feels like Everil was panicking in a very Everil-centric way about losing the girl. Also, damned if it doesn't look like he's transforming into a giant badger.
Apr 6, 2016 11:23 pm
Felor's eyes widen and he backs away from Everil.
"Badgers... why did it have to be badgers??" he says to no-one in particular. Felor frantically unslings his shield and assumes a defensive stance with his spear, while attempting to ascertain how Everil's citizens are reacting to this transformation.
Apr 6, 2016 11:33 pm
Ghaman appears to be stressed out and fretting. The trolls seem largely indifferent.

In the span of just a few minutes, Everil's transformation appears to be complete. A man-sized badger stands in his place. He appears disoriented for a moment, taking tentative steps back and forth and jerking his head around, then darts out the door, bounds halfway across the bridge before leaping into the water, swimming toward the stream.

"This is not good. Not good at all," Ghaman whimpers, wringing his hands. "It'll be the girl from Gaad all over again."
Apr 7, 2016 12:26 am
Satisfied that no one seems to be targeting the group (for now), Zangua watches the lycanthrope swim up the water with interest. "That... was something," he exhales, impressed.
Apr 7, 2016 12:31 am
"Huh!" Vad mumbles as the giant badger-man leaps into the water. He then turns to Ghaman and asks, "Girl from Gaad? What happened to the girl from Gaad?" wondering if Marjo may be in some sort of danger.
Apr 7, 2016 1:46 am
"Ghaman, is this Marjo?" He shows the troll the shell with Zora's likeness on it.
Apr 7, 2016 2:18 am
Ghaman is a kobold, not a troll.

Ghaman squints at the shell. "Yes, that's Marjo. The girl from Gaad...oh, it was horrible. The king was inconsolable for weeks, so ashamed of what he'd done. All our hearts were broken. We thought she -- wait, who are you people? How do you know Marjo?"
Apr 7, 2016 2:42 am
"A friend from above-ground," mutters Zangua. "Your king brought us down here, since we both know Marjo, and we're all friends, right? What happened?"
Apr 7, 2016 3:50 am
Oops, sorry Ghaman!

He's not saying Marjo is the girl from Gaad, is he? Marjo is Zora, yes? And she just escaped minutes/hours ago. And a similar thing happened to this girl from Gaad a while ago?

"Come on, Ghaman, you better help us find Marjo before the King does. If we find her first, he will be very grateful, and will probably give you extra rations for a week. Show us where she might be headed."
Apr 7, 2016 4:25 am
Mordred: correct. More to come shortly...
Apr 7, 2016 4:10 pm
The stream is about 4' wide. When Everil crosses the stream and begins to run up against the current on short badger legs, it only comes up to his chest.

"She...she must be headed for the Squalid Sett," Ghaman says. "It's the fastest way to Hazard, and Marjo was adamant that she be allowed to travel to Hazard as soon as the tunnels were made safe. But if the king follows her there...if he breaks the treaty...oh, this is a disaster, and it's my fault, my fault!" He starts grinding his knuckles into his forehead and weeping.
Apr 7, 2016 4:14 pm
"What will the king do? What treaty are you talking about?" Leth asks, no longer able to keep silent. "The King personally brought here to see Marjo, but if she's lost or hurt, she won't be able to help anyone. We can help find her and solve this problem, but we need you to tell us exactly what's going on, and we need someone to lead us to the Squalid Sett. Can you do that?"
OOC:
Or should we just follow Everil, while we can still see him and keep up with him?
Last edited April 7, 2016 4:15 pm
Apr 7, 2016 4:18 pm
Everil is halfway up the stream, headed toward the tiny cavern mouth it flows out of...
Apr 7, 2016 4:19 pm
OOC:
Yeah actually, I'm inclined to say we just need to hurry up and follow Everil while we still can.
Apr 7, 2016 4:57 pm
"One last chance to help us, Ghaman, then you're on your own..."
Apr 7, 2016 5:03 pm
OOC:
"Tiny" cavern mouth? Is it big enough that we would be able to fit through?
load next

Thread locked